Whu Da Man?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by tallkien, Apr 19, 2006.

1. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Ok Guys really could use some help here, I'm new in mumbai. Who's the best Guitar Tech in town? Surely some of you would have had some work done that you go raving about... or not

2. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Me da man.

3. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Whats that supposed to mean, I'm serious, I need frets filed

4. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

There's this guy in Malad, methinks. SB Musicals mein kaam karta hai.
    Get in touch... I'll get yout the number...

He's supposedly one of the leading luthiers in Mumbai

5. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

In Mlad you also have Albertos. who does a great job. SB is also good.

6. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Got any numbers? No idea where this is

7. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

hmm
    I dont have his no. But I can give you directions to Albertos. albertos has worked on my vintage accoustic guitar. Hang on till evening i will try and dig an old receipt and get his no, Or PM ABIJANATH he has made a guitar from him he should have his no.

8. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Alberto's...? Hmm...Isn't that Luthier's name Sunil? please confirm? I am reluctant to give his number coz i found him too expensive.

9. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

His Name is Salu Dias... when you go down to him you many a times get his asstant Paul. I agree he is abit expensive. But he is worth it. He has donea excellent job on my vintage jumbo accustic guitar not once but twice. Once for a bridge restoration and second to repair a crack on the sound board. ( and I wont alow any TOM DICK AND HARRY to even carry my accoustic)

10. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Salu (Albertos ) had a guy by the name of Sunil working for him some years back . I dont know if you are reffring to him. But I defintly dont see Sunil around Albertos shop in Malad. He might be working at Albertos Work shop though.

11. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

12. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

I think he's branched out on his own and makes stuff in Kandivli now. I have his no. somewhere...will have to dig it out

13. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I was not aware of that, I have not seen Sunil around for quite a while. He is quite knowledgeable. It was Sunil who first worked on my acoustic and fixed the faulty bridge. Abhijanath does Sunil also make guitars? I remmber seeing make guitars at Albertos (carving out the necks and bodies on the router)
    But any ways Albertos is good.

14. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Yes, I am talking about this guy. I met Sunil through Ashish of Bhargavas. He has based his workshop at charkhop, Kandivli (west) a bit away from station. I asked about how he got into guitars and which people he got involved with. I remember him telling me that he was working the Albertoes guy. Personally, i felt Sunil is very good luthier but for a price.

Please PM me if anyone wants his number. He stays in Mira Road by the way.

15. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Yep Sir, I would most definately like his number. I have one and only guitar and I love it. So you can imagine how sceptical I am about letting anyone near it. In 14 years of owning it I've done all setup and maintainance myself, Filing frets is a little out of my league though and since I'm doing a pickup job and getting a decent amp, I'd like this guitar to do another 14. Price is not an issue as long as he's WORTH it. (The frets are like waves and that pushes the action higher than i'd like. - Unfortunate consequence of using cheap nickel silver frets )

Ashish mentioned somene in Kandivili, wonder if its the same guy. If you can tell me exactly where it is, even better. I'm in goregaon so kandivili is not bad at all.