Who will be world champion?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Morbid_Angel, Oct 8, 2006.

?

Who will be the F1 World Champion?

Poll closed Oct 22, 2006.
  1. Michael Schumacher

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Fernando Alonso

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

Whats ure bet? Who will be world champion in F1 Racing.
    Michael Schumacher or Fernando Alonso?

Alonso is 10 points clear of MSC with just 1 race to go. If Michael wants the championship he MUST win the race with Alonso finishing with NO points.

=_=. I surely go for Fernando Alonso.

Btw, any1 used to play the F1 game at www.espnstar.com ?

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  2. Morbid_Angel

Also, If you would like, you can add who will be constructor's champion or who will win 3rd place that is, Felipe Massa/Fisichella.

All your opinions on Formula 1 are welcome.

3. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

i was looking for the f1 thread lol

well so here is the exact report after the japan race

Schumacher concedes title to Alonso
    Engine problems and puncture cost Ferrari at Suzuka
    08 October 2006
    The retired Ferrari F248 F1 of Michael Schumacher (GER) Ferrari. Formula One World Championship, Rd 17, Japanese Grand Prix, Race, Suzuka, Japan, 8 October 2006After qualifying first and second for the Japanese Grand Prix, Ferrari were widely expected to finish Sunday’s race in the same positions. Unfortunately things didn’t go quite to plan for the Italian team.

All started well, with pole man Felipe Massa retaining the lead at the start from Michael Schumacher, the Brazilian then dutifully letting his team mate by on lap three, allowing the German to take control of the race - and supposedly the drivers’ championship.

Things started to go wrong for Massa just ahead of his first stop, when he was forced to come in early due to a slow puncture in his right-rear Bridgestone tyre. That handed the advantage to Renault’s Fernando Alonso, who after his first stop was able to get back out ahead of the Ferrari.

Even then, things were still looking pretty good in the red camp, Schumacher maintaining a comfortable ten-second-plus margin over Alonso. That was until lap 37 when smoke started to bellow from the rear of Schumacher’s 248 F1. It quickly proved terminal, forcing the seven-times champion to pull off the track and into retirement with an extremely rare Ferrari engine failure.

Alonso was clear to cruise to victory, untroubled by Massa, who came home 16 seconds behind the Spaniard. The result means Schumacher, who went into Sunday’s race as favourite for the championship, now needs a huge slice of luck at the final round in Brazil if he is to take an eighth title.

He must win, with Alonso failing to score, something Schumacher insists he is not even hoping for. “As for the drivers’ (title) it is lost," said the German. "I don’t want to head off for a race, hoping that my rival has to retire. That is not the way in which I want to win the title.”

Ferrari have a slightly better chance of winning the constructors’ championship. Despite taking just eight points away from Suzuka to Renault’s 16, they could yet overhaul what is now a nine-point deficit to their French rivals.

next race in 2 weeks in sao paulo

think title is alonso's........

4. Morbid_Angel

Game's not yet over.

Edit : Oops dint read the rest of it. But this sentence aint ryte though :p

5. .:SpY_GaMe:.

naaah if u read the whole it makes sense ie schumi prefers to lose than to win the title by the fact that sth happens to alonso's car.....

6. Morbid_Angel

To Not score points, many things can happen. Alonso can have a penalty in qualifyin or somethn and he may finish 9th/10th.

Schumi wont accept that victory?

7. .:SpY_GaMe:.

heyheyhey ofcourse he will!!! :D

well that article is from formula1.com

i watched the qualifiers yest but missed the race

n came across this article

well everything is still possible

coz i am sure if u posted this thread yest i would be saying schumi for the title lol

Devilshly_Pur$ likes this.
  8. Morbid_Angel

Damn u missed the race man it was a must watch.

I'll give a bit of the highlights.

The start wasnt so good for the Renaults. Alonso just took Jarno Trulli from the outside and got bottled up behind Ralf Schumacher. Fisichella lost position to Jenson Button.

For round 10 laps, Ralf Schumacher had Alonso behind him. Schumi and Massa did not take a huge lead..was only 3 secs i reckon. Alonso overtook him then and went really very fast. Massa had an early pitstop then.

Alonso came out in front of Heidfield and Massa and soon extented the lead over them.
    All the front runners had stopped and Micheal was round 6 secs in front of Fernando Alonso. It was expected that Michael would win the race. Both of them were going at somewhat the same pace. Suddenly, Michael's engine gave up..he had nothing else to do other than to retire. Well, I personally favour Alonso so i finally felt too happy :D..my dad was saying good things bout Michael all the time and i got Irritated :p:

So, Alonso took race lead with Massa and Fisichella following him.
    Massa looked like he was closing up on Alonso..12 sec gap closed to 8 sec.
    But, Alonso responded and then increased the gap to 16 secs !!(He's is jus simply amazing).
    This way they finished the race.

Code:
                                    RACE RESULTS
    1. Fernando Alonso
    2. Felipe Massa
    3. Giancarlo Fisichella
    4. Jenson Button
    5. Kimi Raikonnen
    6. Jarno Truli
    7. Ralf Schumacher
    8. Nick Heidfeld
    Fastest lap was by Alonso - 1:32.676.

I've never seen a driver who is potentially as fast as Alonso.

I hope this continues in the McLaren ;)..Maybe i'm hoping too much from the McLaren team though.

9. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

spanish ma men .....his gonna win for sure

10. Sheerig

Sheerig New Member

@ AJ... u cant forget Shumiiii as ease.... he is a legeng in his part.... alonso cant
    cant beat the the records of shumiii i tink so...
    do drean tat the next champ.. in mcl... 'll be his..
    time may change bro......

11. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

alonso is jus 24 mate but he has acheived enuff for his age u nevr knw bout future