who is your favourite commentator AND WHY ?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jamhead, Apr 3, 2005.

?

choose your TWO most favourite cricket commentators

1. ravi shastri

13.3%
  2. sunil gavaskar

6.7%
  3. richie benud

6.7%
  4. geoffry boycott

40.0%
  5. tony greig

33.3%
  6. rameez raja

13.3%
  7. toni cozier

6.7%
  8. harsha bhogle

26.7%
  9. navjot singh siddhu

20.0%
  10. others (bill lawry/ michael holding/ slater/ dean jones or whoever)

6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

answer the question in the handle.

and do not forget to add the why...
    whatever makes you like the guy, personality, the cricketing points he makes, or just his sense of humour.. dont forget to point it out.

2. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

oh well, guess i'll have to set the ball rolling myself. so here goes.........

i voted for Boycs and Tony Greig.

the first one cos he is one hell of a character (cute accent and all) + very pro india, always happy for india and supportive of indian cricket + technically second to none at all.

Tony Greig = again very pro india. but the aspect that sets his apart is the excitement that he builds up, during his commentry, especially when something big (a hundred, a victory, a deadly spell, a record or just a cliff hanger of a match) is around the corner.

notable also rans included Benud, Shastri, Bhogle (the best amongst non cricketers) and Tony Cozier.

worst is siddhu, hands down.

3. nadish

nadish Active Member

I like Ravi Shastri. Coz he inject life in the game with his fantastic Speech Power...

4. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

future voters are requested to choose TWO OPTIONS

nadish see if you can vote for another one if possble...

5. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

i like rameez.....cuz his Non -polar Reviews
    n Tony Grieg....A fine British Accent

6. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

geff boy - he knows his work well , he can really play with words and the most bold commentator !!!

7. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Richie Benaud - The Master of All Commentators...

Why's this only cricket based???

I also like the 2 f1 commentators... they actually add you in to the sport. & Trust me, It's a damn hard job ralking about cars just going on and on on a race track.
    As well as John Dykes... & Jason Daysey... they may nt be commentating, but I love the way they speak man... Esp. Jason.. h'es a role model!

8. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

THATS what the poll si about - favourite cricket commentators..... not about favourite commentators of all kinds..........

the person who voted for siddhu.... please let us know why u like him so much.

and everyone please choose TWO options...

9. harini

harini Hameer Kalyani

jamhead
    i dont like any cricket commentators.
    Most of them jinx the batsman bowlers!!! Poor sachin..everytime he comes to the crease and taps one ball..theyr like oh he looks to be in gr8 form, middleing the ball blah blah, and jinx the poor guy. hes not the only batsman to fall from the jinx syndrome though. i especially hate ravi shastri for doing that. how many times can i possible touch wood!!!!
    commentators suck.

10. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

argh crap i made a mistake i was going to say geoffry boycott but pressed other instead :mad:

11. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

harsha bhogle best of all

12. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

Sidhu Ofcourse...!!:):)....for the most idiotically sophisticated and hence entertaining commentary ever!!!