Who is the reason you picked up the guitar?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by rabi_sultan, Jun 2, 2004.

1. sandyssn

sandyssn New Member

No other instrument to me sounds as good as an acoustic guitar

2. SqueakM9

SqueakM9 mumble

for me (and i know this sounds rock and roll)
    i picked up the guitar as part of my escape from the violence and anger at home,
    for me it was about the release of anger and emotion
    so i never learnt chords/ scales/ theory,
    i just learnt the part of a tab that i liked (eg. intro to thunderstruck) and turned that little bit of music into my own song.
    when i was able to write my own music (even if it was grafted from the greats) it became a release and a form of self expression that is why i carried on.
    now its about playing angry and abusive music and collecting guitars

3. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

good ol' Hotel California

4. sachingairola

sachingairola New Member

for me it started long time back, when i first heard desprado's ost Canción del Mariachi.....guitar was awesome in this song.....and ever since then i wanted to learn guitar .......but couldn't learn due to one or another reason.....just few months back i bought my guitar and now i'm learning it........so there is no point leaving it untill i can play it properly.......

5. SqueakM9

SqueakM9 mumble

rebel without a crew

if you really wanna know the full sdtory behind this movie and the feeling in the music (how the whole thing came together get your paws on a book called "rebel without a crew" yes it is aimed at the small time film makers but it is a bible to anyone who will go to all lenths to get their music on air or their message across...

and it s narration is very funny too!!!

6. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

^^i've read an article on how the film was made... it was written by the guy who directed the movie... I vaugely remember though... it was all about how his film revolved around a very tight budget and low number of characters... and a small camera... it was very interesting...

7. rvnrahul

rvnrahul New Member

Metallica!! Fade to Black..

8. Guitar_Balu

Guitar_Balu New Member

I am playing guitar since 1993 very much influenced by Great Guitar Speed Demons likes Yangwie Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Petruchi

9. lazy

lazy New Member

Always loved loud guitar rock.
    I just picked guitar playing as a hobby a month ago. Never really wanted to be like any guitarist, I just want to play. It's just fun. Any genre is fine, rock, indian/western classical, jazz, hindi film music etc.

10. smartsharn

smartsharn New Member

i started with guitar at my school days..........and my only inspiration for choosing the instrument is maestro ilayaraja only..........such agreat genius he is.........

11. mani_manu

mani_manu New Member

well the only reason for me is my big bro....
    I listened him playing mouthorgan....i was very impressed at that time i was in 11th grade& after that i started playing mouthorgan.....
    and one day i listened him playing guitar...i thought wht a man he is....he plays guitar also...and after that i planned to play guitar ..but my parents rejected this...and said first complete ur graduation....so in my btech...i saw few of my frnds who played guitar...at that time the passion became stronger...and and when i was selected in the campus and got a job then my brother told me to start it....but then a gal came into my life...and for some time i left playing...but after the broke up...i moved back to my guitar...and now my guitar is the only gal that i have.....and i m very happy with her....
    so guys this was my story....for playing guitar.....

12. spydra

spydra New Member

Tears flowed down my cheeks somewhere in the middle.

alpha1 likes this.
  13. mani_manu

mani_manu New Member

@spydra ..thnx pal :cool:

14. spydra

spydra New Member

Don't thank me, thank YOU.

15. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

I saw someone bang n break his guitar in frustration cuz it was useless to him, and he dint hav a job either.
    So I thought why not try learning such a useful thing

Lmao

16. rohangupte

rohangupte New Member

Listened to Hotel California and from then on always wanted to play that song. Absolutely love it.

17. shyamblues

shyamblues New Member

mainly because of Kirk Hammet and his awesome solos! and then slash, santana.........

18. Nishiva

Nishiva New Member

I started playing because I wanted to play my favorite songs from some random Punk bands and artists like Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani and John Petrucci. Their songs are also the reason why I continued playing. I'm looking forward to play their songs, with my own flow in it.

19. angu-s-lash

angu-s-lash New Member

I jus started learning guitar. The reasons for picking up the guitar is many for me. I always had an attraction for guitar since my adulthood. But i dint have resources then, rather i dint find any insipiration to pick up one.
    I read an article one day, it said that one should find a passion within themselves.Keeping that aside, I have a certain playlist of songs in my music player, this playlist was created a few months back and i got bored with that playlist. So i googled some of the best songs of all time. There i found the Sweet child o mine song from Guns n Roses. I started to hear that song like anything, like i will simply put the repeat on in my player and listen to that all day <My friends got very annoyed :p >.. i found some of the covers in youtube, which ignited me into this instrument. When i saw ppl playing the songs in youtube by their own i was very much inspired and i thought < hell man i wanna play like that !!!> and i saw a 7 yr old girl playing Sweet child o mine intro riff which really got me goose bumps... and then i kept on watching ppl's cover videos for most of my playlist songs's.. then i started reading abt the guitar stuff and educated myself abt guitar a bit and simultaneously finding many bands (AC/DC, RHCP, GnR etc.,) so lots and lots of songs came into my playlist .....
    When i saw ppl playing their fav songs in youtube i decided to go for it. I read in many articles that learning guitar is not easy you have to be into it.. so which gave me a practical perspective that i have to merge with my guitar <literally>...
    P.S. Wonderwall by oasis is one of the cause for my insipiration, which has a beautiful intro riff.....

20. deepkush

deepkush New Member

i started to play guitar coz i always wanted to ,,,i am a singer so playing guitar always helps me to live my music :)