Who is the reason you picked up the guitar?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by rabi_sultan, Jun 2, 2004.

1. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Ok what do you want to learn. .Ask Me. i may be able to help...

Obviously If someone got scared of me, The first thing i would do is
    1. If that person is a girl - I would marry her..
    2. If it was a boy - I would laugh so bad that my lungs will rip off my body and my heart would pound so hard that io would die laughing.. (I dont know what i just said)

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@jay ..come to think of it wud u be alive after ur lungs ripp ur body off ;)

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i guess...for me it wud have to be slash..his blistering solos....and mebbe just the sound of a guitar...that is what made me take up the guitar...

4. FC Barca11

FC Barca11 New Member

Hey guys, My first post :) Hmmm, I started playing the guitar just 3 months back. I've been wanting to play the guitar since I was 7 but my parents thought the guitar was a "bad influence" It wasn't till I turned 19 that I bought a guitar myself for my b-day and started to learn. I think its the greatest instrument on earth. I don't hear any other instrument producing such a rich sound.....makes my ears water :p More than metal,pop,jazz influence, I love flamenco and andulucian music. Hope to be able to play it someday.

5. jayanth

nice stuff.. 19 seems to BE THE AGE for GUITAR..

6. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

keep going barca , welcome dude ....

i started playing when i was around 20 or so , never too late .....

7. jayanth

I started when i was 15.. Sad me.. Didnt go play in the rain and all.. Instead i wrote lyrics about the rain..

8. bob-bobby

btw whos the world yongest guitarist , ne one knows ?

9. jayanth

Probably My friends Son.. He is just 2 years old and he owns a Hobner mini custom created for him.. Its so cute to see him play.. And he plays the C and G and E Chord..

10. alex

alex New Member

Hey! Although its very late to post the reply on this thread - but i still want to - coz ssaw many pple picked up plying the instrument to impress someone or thier lady love- hehehee

wel that reminds me of somthing, i like the guitar since my childhood but did'nt really get a chance to play it - coz been involved with so many other activities in my school - hardly get a time to learn it and dnt even have resources to buy one. Later yeh coz to impress my gf i finally decided to learn it and take out time coz she like the instrument. Anyhow i finally bought it and started learning it but did't told her- amd as soon as i started learning it we parted.......................
    but my love for the instrument did'nt end with that - and now the guitar has taken her place - i love playing it all the times - whenever i m alone ,sad or happy, it even goes to bed with me......lol
    Anyway that friend of mine is still in touch with me - but she never know that i play guitar well- and whenver she tells me anything about guitar/players music -i jus laugh.......

Wel that sound's like a story - ;-) = but i belive that was'nt a gud reason - if i would have picked it up earlier i would have been a better guitarist by now. So the moral of the story is : dnt do anything to impress others- if you like doing the job then do it for yourself.

11. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

maybe you should play a song at her wedding...lol
    BTW :shock: taking your guitar to bed isn't normal

12. bob-bobby

@ alex , i almost dozed reading that ......ZZZZZzzzz......

13. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

girls are heartless creatures alex. ..

14. bob-bobby

i thought both you guys were for love marraige , ..... :think:

15. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

Thats one of the sanest things I've seen yet on this site. Way to go Alex!

16. bob-bobby

anant , you go thru the forums and all the threads well , end of the day you will come out more wise ......

he he , cheers :beer:

17. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

well mes not so sure abt that bob, me's language seems to be taking a tumble for the worse.. but mes getting wiser thanx to a few wise gentlemen out there!

PS: :):):):):) and all that kinda stuff...

18. bob-bobby

dude , chill yaar ... thought u voted for love marraige in the other thread ....

19. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

yeah but most of them are. .. at least all of whom i've met yet. .. believe me all of em. .

20. tejas

tejas ..........

Then you better move from Nagpur. Come to Hyderabad, all girls here are Nice.