who is the fastetst and most melodic guitarist ever

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by asharpminor, Apr 16, 2006.

1. asharpminor

asharpminor New Member

nobody told they r bad guitarists....atleast i never told..i think very few people can play as good as them..but i want to say that u people also dnt define shred as playing fast without making sense..its definitely an art..and not mindless playing..and offcourse listening tastes is built on moods...eric clapton's soft smooth playing wont match a formulaone race scene...similarly john petrucci superstuff wont also fit in a romantic movie scene wheree....blah blah u people know it better...so its all bout moods and i thing playing fast is definitely more challenging than palying melodic...

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Brilliantly done. Thank you. :D ;)

3. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

I know its your opinion but i would replace the word good with fast.

4. asharpminor

asharpminor New Member

i think somebody is getting personal with me here its a forum so its our duty to keep it clean NOT MY LONE DUTY ..u know newton's law'every action has a equal an opposite reaction'so u got wat u deserve MR SICK

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

6. asharpminor

asharpminor New Member

Hmmm Sorry Dude I Would Have Told Fast But Most Of The Melodic Players Eric Lapton,santana....dnt..i Mean Cant Play Fast..if U Call Them Fast Then.....i Think Ur Tape Motor Is Running At A Higher Speed....

7. ronnieanand

All these players suck... They call themselves melodic 'cos they can't play fast... Lets demote them as bassists.

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ LOL Yeah

Anyone who cant shred properly should actually start holding bass. (Including me)

Asharpminor you runt!
    You proved my all hypothesis wrong.

Moron. I was supporting shredders all this while, but your posts make me regret it.

9. shsnawada

^ Looks like asharpminor gets easily offended or isnt used to this place so words like moron dont help. (atleast for now)

Did anyone hear of shredding on natural/artificial harmonics? :O

10. ronnieanand

Did any one hear about shredding without even holding the guitar.

11. shsnawada

Anal cunt does that. Seth Putnam is so talented :awe:

But why didnt hardcore/true wankers take it to that level, eh?

12. asharpminor

asharpminor New Member

ummmmmmmm...blah blah...*****#####!!!!!$$$!!!@@@!!

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Man playing guitar, is a part of ego.
    If you understand that you will realise why ppl g oto extreme limits.

Such thing cannot be done on a feel based song (fast or slow).
    You need some thing concrete taht is observed / felt and verified easily.

Taht is speed.
    Shred, thus, is essential.

14. shsnawada

You cant beat tachyons even if you tried, can ya?

ps: how would guitars at 330+ notes/sec sound like?

15. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

@asharpminor.... nobody is against you dude. But please try to understand what we are saying. None of us are ANTI- SHRED. ( at least thats what I think), but what we are trying to say is " shred is over rated". Look at all the Great Shred Guitarist - I respect them and call them great not because they can play at the speed of a F1 car or at the speed of Light, but because they are GREAT MUSICIANS AND COMPOSERES. Infact Joe Sat and Yngwie are one of my fav Guitarist. And just because some one does not shred does not mean is any less better then a SHRED guitarist. Eric Clapton may be called MR. SLOW HAND, but watch him play and you will see his fingers actualy moving quite a bit, same goes for Carlos Santana. ( watch BLACK MAGIC WOMEN), Ritchie BLACKMORE ( HIGHWAYSTAR, CHILD IN TIME....) , Eric Johnson, Albert Collins The Ice Man, Mark Knopfler ( he does not even use a pick and a normal fretboard not a Flat freatboard).My only problem with SHRED is that it is overated and many people regard it as YARD STICK to measure a Guitarist Talent. The actual talent of a GOOD SHRED GUITARIST is not striving to play the fastest but, sounding good and composing good music.
    And this is probably the best way to see how fast someone can actualy play... give him any guitar.even a acoustic or an electric with a very curved fretboard.(FLAT FRETBOARDS ARE GREAT FOR SHREDING), and lets see how well they can actualy shred, and play.
    Jazz guitarist are actually the MOST Melodic shreddres in my opinon.

16. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Finally caught up to this thread.
    what do i say????
    waht i want so say might go beyond the scope of the censoring here and my duty as a moderator too....so lets just suffice to say you have your "tastes"

but for the love of god.....try to point out melody in malmsteens playing.
    if am not wrong malmsteen showed up in the bottom tier of the fastest solos ever played.
    i am not a speed freak, i dont care about the speed as long as it sounds good.
    i ve herd eric johson shred, and with a zillion times more melody than malmsteen can even imagine....
    joe satriani, is easily more melodious than vai and yngwie combined ( yes i will get a lot of flak from vai fans...)
    how come no body has mentined shawn lane so far, he is one of the more melodious shredders ive heard ever.....
    pfft........all this is pointless

17. shsnawada

And dont get the feeling that your being personally attacked or something. You just happen to be the only person who always seems to place a shredder over a slow(er) guitarist, so you're getting the firing.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:RollLol:
    What appeals to you as melody may be cacophony to my ears.
    Go and ask your grandparents about your choice of "melodic" musicians.
    :p:

Shred is absolute. There can be no two opinions whether the shred is fast or slow.

Ergo, shred pwns.
    Anyway shredding always looks uberkuhl.

19. ronnieanand

Now... I am beginning to hate guitar :mad: :mad: :mad:

All of your go home and play the guitar instead of quarreling here. You guys are fighting as if you are paid attorneys of Malmsteen and Vai.... STFU and listen to what appeals to your ears and keep your f%#$ing ideas and opinions to yourself...

I wish I had the power to close this thread...

20. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Then why the **** are you posting on this thread?? I like these threads cause i get to know about lots of guitarists who i may not have heard of. Eg. Ford, Metheny. And now I may listen to their stuff and decide for myself whether they are musicians (to me) or not. Perhaps the same goes for Asharpminor who may now give Clapton and King a second listen.