who is the fastetst and most melodic guitarist ever

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by asharpminor, Apr 16, 2006.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Dude, what kind of profession is that :shock: :shock: . You have to keep saying I DONT KNOW and still make a lot of money. Please refer me. I can also say I DONT KNOW. Maybe I can even give written statements of I DONT KNOW if somebody can pay me well for that. Please help :nw: :nw: :nw:

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

hah, I was wondering Robin seemed weird for a guy.

What video of his do you have? I have one where he says its his 2nd video for REH productions....

I love this one. There are so many things here that I've been struggling with for ages now. Hopefully this can help somewhat.

Now tell me about Lee Ritenour :dance: I've never heard of him :'(

3. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

@Jocelyn-Apologies for misunderstanding you.
    @alpha1-The cello players with bad technique don't end up playing professionally:)
    Also, I don't think technical expertise is any prerequisite for playing good rock music..in fact, in some contexts it's actually harmful (e.g. some of Dream Theater's more unnecessary improv sections). My problem is with shred fans idolising their heros far beyond their actual technical expertise, simply for speed's sake (like the very fact that people have actually heard of Marcus Paus despite his utter lack of taste).
    Edit:mad:bjr-I think it's called Blues and Beyond. Not much teaching on it,just playing some licks, which is why I didn't like it much.
    Lee Ritenour is one of those cool jazz guys...in the Larry Carlton school..similar Dumble-amp tone and funky phrasing. He replaced Earl Klugh in Fourplay (Nathan East's band..excellent funk-jazz btw..buy their DVD).

4. ronnieanand

5. RGSANDY

RGSANDY New Member

Hmmmmmmm....well make way for the master, holdsworth and frank gambale

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Is this the same person who came few months ago and porposed for a shred competition on IGT?

Forgot the name though.

7. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Apologie excepted :) .

@ Ronnie... what I meant to say is I am straight forward. If someone asks for a suggestion. I give it I tell them this is good this is bad, this can be done this cant be done. But I wont make a comment on something I have no Idea about. I keep my mouth shut if I cant discuss something for which I have no knowledge abouth and if asked for an opionion I say I am sorry I relay cant comment on that. For example some one comes to me and asks me for advice on buying ahh say a Rickenbacker... all I can say is ok I have heard its a good guitar company but I realy dont have any first experence with it.
    Or if someone comeas and asks me to help him/ her buy a drum set... I would say I am realy sorry but I cant help you with that, but direct them to someone who can.

8. ronnieanand

Damn... I had great career plans thinking about this just say "I DONT KNOW" job... :annoyed:

::Starts Looking At Other Threads with disapointment of a lost great career opportunity::

9. ronnieanand

Ok. What's the conclusion to this thread. Who is the fastest (Best) shredder.

I feel only the best guitar players can play fast, all others complain about shredders and play slow. The faster the guitarist plays, the better guitarist he is. Guys like Hendrix, Clapton, SRV were okay in their days and today it's all out dated and their techniques are playing are very sub standard. In today's playing standards, they suck big time. Michael Angelo is the world's greatest guitarist and dont argue on this fact. You'd argue if you are a loser. Speed is the most important thing in guitar. Speed Thrills. All other slow guitarists, should quit guitar and pick up bass playing. Michael Angelo Batio :nw: :nw: is the greatest guitarist of all time.

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Well actaully in his VDO he says something like:
    PPl who say shred sux etc are the ones who can't do it.
    None who can shred undermines it ..... blah blah ..... blah blah .....

LOL.
    No one who can run faster than 10m/s complains about running fast.
    Aint it quite similar?

11. ronnieanand

@Alpha.... Well Said...

All non shredder suck. All guys who dont like shred music are not true guitar fans. Better whine out and shake to your ass to some LL Cool J Music. You ain't fit for guitar music. Listen to SRV and listen to Michael Angelo and you straight away know SRV is over rated and he simply sucks. SRV should be playing bass for Green Day.

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

O Man,
    he never said that SRV or slow players suck ass.

I think shredders actually never ever undermine the power of slow expressive playing.
    They seem to infact respect it and admit that playing slow requires tremendous feel.

However, in this thread almost everyone has done shred-bashing.
    Which kinda reveals a bias in thinking.

Thankfully I belong to none of the factions. I appreciate both mindless/devoid-feeling shred as well as slow bluesy bends.

My initial posts about Malmsteen were made because it pains me when I saw his G3 concert compared to his early albums (solo as well as Alcatraz).

13. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

^ I think the main point that most of the people were trying to make is that tasteless shredding is overrated.

14. asharpminor

asharpminor New Member

sorry to poke nose....but i think all the shredders(michel angelo batio,rusty coolie,yngwie malmsteen)can play melody if they wish...but all the melodic players(santana,slash,dave murray,adrian smith)cant even dare to shred like them....so all anti shred people here aceept this limitation without any hesitation..shredding is an art and an evidence of hours and hours of endless practice and devotion and its not that easy to master it.offcourse speed kills melody but the one who can combine both is genious..thanx

15. shsnawada

^ Shred (just like any other thing in music) is supposed to be an art form but its treated like a sport.

16. ronnieanand

Whatever you might say.... Slow playing sucks. SRV plays damn slow. He can't even play half the speed of Kirk Hammet. So SRV sucks. SRV sucks.. Clapton is even slower than SRV, so lets remove Clapton from being called a guitarist.. Kids in Sunday Jam play faster than Clapton, so Clapton sucks even more.....

17. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Even if its accepted they can't .. so wat ?? that doesn't make them bad guitarists ? .. Its like tomorrow if some guy learns to strum with his feet (an art) n others can't .. doesn't mean he's a better guitarist than all does it ?

EDIT: I'm not against shredding .. its cool in its way .. but I guess neither shredders nor non-shredders should try to dominate each other's views ..

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Jared shreds

19. shsnawada

Forum leader activated.

20. ronnieanand

Thread ka naam badal gaya...

Shred se Spoon Tak