who is the fastetst and most melodic guitarist ever

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by asharpminor, Apr 16, 2006.

1. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

CORRECT. He rocks!!!

2. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Satriani went to Lenny Tristano, a blind jazz (be bop) piano player for lessons),not Joe Pass (who's really awesome BTW he's god of chord phrasing,i guess thats what you call it). I bet malmsteen or any other guy for that matter cant play Pass songs. Satch mentioned he used a Chord book put out by Joe Pass which he found really helpful compared to most other books

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

@asharpminor, i dont have a problem with you saying you like malmsteen, just keep your opinions about satriani to yourself.

4. asharpminor

asharpminor New Member

thanx for your nice post..i think dude u r taking malmsteen as a piece of crap...i think he is not as bad a guitarist as u r saying..but yeah i am a new member so i never knew such topics discussed be4..and yeah when a thread is satrted people can and will go on discussing it forever..cuz for us(we humans)we a never come to the same point unitedly.had i known i wudnt have started such a thread..playing fast is easy..ok i admit..may be for you its easy to play malmsteen..but not for me or some other people..its a website for people like us not for pros...for me playing malmsteen is somewhat tough...may be i havent reached such a stage of perfection...and yeah somebody was telling bout bb king...playing 2400 times faster than yngwie u ****ing dumbhead..is it physically possible???how can u even think that???i bet u cant even reach the speed of yngwie...hardly guitarists better than yngwie can play at most 20 notes per second more than yngwie but i think he is the pioneer of what is neo-classical stuff..and we must not forget that..AND THANX ABHIJIT UR WAY OF MKING THINGS UNDERSTANDABLE IS FAVULOUS AND U R A GUY HAVING A LOTS OF OF KNOWLEDGE ON MUSIC..HOPE TO LEARN A LOT FROM UR POSTS IN FUTURE TO COME...THANX..

5. asharpminor

asharpminor New Member

IS EXPRESSING OPINIONS ABOUT SATRIANI BANNED IN IGT???UPSSIE I DIDNT KINOW THAT...SORRY

6. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Dude DID YOU EVEN REALISE THAT HE WAS KIDDING ABOUT PHYSICALLY PLAYING 2400 TIMES FASTER , its just a joke. I cant believe you took that seriously. Maybe you dont realise this now but speed is'nt everything. Think music before speed, you're looking from the point of view of a guitarist who is dazzlled by the technique and not from the point of view of the average listener who wants good melodies and solid music composition (think Zappa). Think about it can you hum along to solos like Little wing and all along the watchtower - OFCOURSE ,can you hum along to malmsteen's Evil eye solo or Blitzerg - I DONT THINK SO

7. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

aunty satriani. i dont like nightwish for the same reason.

8. d_ist_urb_ed

@sridhar, he's a lost case, a fast retard...you know what i'm saying?

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey!!!
    24 notes per second is somthin I alos wanan listen to.
    Mebbe I can also play that fast, but since I never measured, I dont know.

Mebbe A#m can make a benchmark here.

10. asharpminor

asharpminor New Member

thanx sridhar..i know he was joking...but he told bout ending the thread..i think the thread was started to get u peoples valuable opinion which is mere serious..it was started not to end but to get opinions about wat others have to say ...its a different matter that people in igt who r here for a long time have discussed such a topic many a times but i told thousands a times that i am a newbie so sorry for using up igt space in such old topics coz for me its a whole new netry into a new community..the thread is name the fastest and the melodic..combination of both...we people have got many melodic players..like carlos santana,frnak zappa,tony iommi...but i think they lacked somewhat speed..isnt it so dude..everybody has their favorite..and we r not quarelling here..u read his joke again and feel it from my point of view..i have just joined u people and enthusiastically satarted a thread without knowing this topic to be old and boring..i wont be posting any more regarding this issue..with a view to end the thread thanx

11. d_ist_urb_ed

^You know what mate, just to shut most of us up, record something (the fastest and the most melodic[est]) that you can play and upload it in the IGT soundtrack forum, aight?

12. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

No, its encouraged :D

13. asharpminor

asharpminor New Member

yeah thanx dude ...i dnt think i can play that well to upload it into igt..melodic{est}yeah i can play sum melodic stuff(though it varies from ears to ears and mood)but i am not that fast.at best i can play 24 notes/sec...after days of practice.i have been playing from age of 9 for 12 years and havebeen intersted in building up speed for last 4years..i am not that well a guitarist..and another thing im not that rich to buy all the software and equipments to record a track..cuz the free version of sound rec software allows to rec for 1 min..and i dnt have any gears except zoom 606,and a EFFORT cube...if i get a chance ill surely record it and upload it to igt..thanx...really lost case naa????hehehe

14. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

HEY DUDE BEFORE FLAMING READ MY POST PROPERLY. I NEVER SAID JOE SUCKS.

15. d_ist_urb_ed

Let me get something straight with you, i can never probably come a 100th of a distance close to you in your technique. I was merely miffed at your opinions. And back on topic, why doesnt anyone freaking talk about Michael Romeo, eh? I think he wins hands down in a contest with Yngwie.

16. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

^ I can't be arsed to read everything you wrote but I think you should record something and learn to write in concise sentences.

17. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

You dont know who is ROBIN FORD! JUST GOOGLE Around and PLEASE FINF OUT WHO HE IS.
    I cant understand whats the big deal with Shredding. I agree it is not easy, and I am a fan of many a shred guitarist. But Honestly its Nothing to GAGAGAG over a guitarist. There is a alot more then just shredding in guitar playing. Start looking outside Heavy Metal and rock and you will find a lot more guitarist.Look At Mr.SLOW HAND ( PLEASE DONT ASK WHO IS MR SLOW HAND), Look at SRV, ERIC JOHNSON, GARY MORE, yes they are fast but very melodic and beautiful, look a t ALBERT KING, B.B. KING, FREDDIE KING ext ext.

18. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@It's much easier to hum Malmsteen... Ddddrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrtttttt trrrrrrrrrrrrrr. See that's how it goes..

Sensible Guitar Playing sucks... Music Sucks... Blind Mindless Shred Rulez.....

All you guys who think guitar is used to play music, go stick your head in a hole... It's basic meant to shred, shred, shred, replace drill guns, replace F1s..

19. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

YEAH SHREDD........WOW, maybe if I practise hard enough I might be able to play at the speed of LIGHT. Poor Mr. Slowhand wont be able to catch up.
    You are right ronnie I tried humming Sunshine of your love and tried humming MALSTEEN Far BEYOND THE SUN sarting riff.. its easier to do malmsteen.

( P.S. TO ANY MALMSTEN FANS I RESPECT MALMSTEEN AND BELIVE HE IS PHENOMINAL)

20. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

We three KINGS from orient are,
    bearing gifts we travel afar,
    fields and foundatain moore and mountain,
    following yonder star.

Ahh..im sleepy.