who is the fastetst and most melodic guitarist ever

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by asharpminor, Apr 16, 2006.

1. asharpminor

asharpminor New Member

there have been lots of guitarist around like michel angel batio,jason becker,steve vai,joe satriani,(he sux i dnt know wats in his bald ****in head)john petrucci,the kat,al di meola,buckethead.......though michel angelo batio is considered the fastest but his playing dnt have any melody...but YNGWIE JOHAN MALMSTEEN IS THE BEST......wat do u say????

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

He plays the same old A (sometimes E also) harmonic minor ascending and descending runs everytime, any song.

You should proabably watch G3 live.

3. asharpminor

asharpminor New Member

wateva dude....he may play the same all the time(i dnt think so) but...its all bout ears...he is the master of guitar shredding...i think hes the best...close ur eyes..listen to him...ull find hes the best...guranteed....

4. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

JOE SAT SUCKS what is wrong with you... and there is nothing wrong with his BOLD HEAD. Between Joe Sat and Stevei VAi Joe Sat is defintly more Melodic. I find him one of the most MELODIC Shredders. But my vote goes for JOHN PETRUCCI. Malmsteem may be fast but defintly not very melodic.

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Fastest: Holdsworth perhaps??
    Melodic: Gilmour.
    Fastest and Melodic: Petrucci perhaps
    Genius: Robert Fripp

6. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I cant believe nobody mentioned Gilbert. He's definitely the most melodic hyper shred guitarist for me. Listen to his classical stuff, way better than malmsteen. Though Malmsteen is good i must admit, but i did'nt like anything since his first album.
    And buddy if you like THE KAT more than satriani you've got some kind of a problem (BTW pickup a Biology text book you'll find out whats in his bald head)

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well if melodic = neo-classical then dehinitley we should't forget:
    1. Malmsteen (already covered)
    2. Gilbert (covered)
    3. Jason Becker
    4. Marty Friedman
    5. Randy Rhoads
    6. Petrucci (covered, but he actually doesnt play neo-classical most of the time)
    7. ...

Lots more ppl. Howver, sadly, Neo-classical != melodic.

8. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Fastest: Michael Schumaccer (Spelled Rong I guess)

9. asharpminor

asharpminor New Member

10. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Marcus Paus of Mr. Cucumber. Possibly some of the sloppiest playing I have heard in my life..it's a fun, Primus type band but his playing is seriously sloppy. If a piano player played that fast with that technique, he wouldn't get admission to any self-respecting conservatory. It's only the masturbatory, juvenile world of rock guitar that people who can play the same runs very fast (and in Paus' case,sloppily) get appreciated. There are much faster musicians with better taste in jazz and Western classical, but they get famous (at least within their circle) because of the quality of notes they play, not the number. Can we please close all 'fastest guitarist' threads as soon as they open?

11. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Apart from some parts in the middle the whole thing seemed like a mess to me. Shred never caught on to me unless there was any musical statement and it still does'nt.

12. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Technical Difficulties is one of the best shred songs eva.

13. ronnieanand

B.B.King is the fastest guitarist ever and there's gonna be no one anytime.. Yngwie says 1 Note of B.B.King is equal to 1 Million Malmsteen Notes. So ...

1 BB = 1 Million Yngwie

1 Yngwie = .000001 BB. --- Eq 1.

Assuming Malmsteen plays 32 notes at 300 BPM which is insane, he plays about

300 * 8 = 2400 notes per minutes in which case

Malmsteen's Fastest = 2400 notes per minute (Insane Number already)

This is only .0001 * 24 = .0024 --- Eq2.

If you look at Eq2, you will notice Malmsteen even at his best speed is about 2400 times slower than BB King. Even the best shredders in the world can play say 100 times faster than Yngwie, he will still be 24 times slower than BB King. 100 Times Faster than Yngiw goes to play 32notes at 30000 BPM.

The Crown goes to B.B.King. Malmsteen, Michael Angelo, Paul Gilbert and similar others plays too damn slow to be interesting.. So all of you whine out and quit the thread.

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ :RollLol:

15. bsharp

bsharp New Member

Guys,

If you want magical melody with accoustic guitars..
    Then listen to
    John McLaughlin, Paco DeLucia, Al DiMeola
    in the album
    Friday Night in San Francisco...

Simply fascinating stuff ..... Listen to "Mediterranean Sundance"

:rock:

Will be keen to know ur thoughts on it too...

16. asharpminor

asharpminor New Member

i didnt know the the mane of the guitarist ...thanx dude...but i think in igt we can discuss any topic for a quite long time???isnt it so???i think its all bout people's taste that makes their favorite..i told about both melody as well as speed..combined together..for me its yngwie malmsteen..may be different for others..so we have the rite to express and continue the thread.wat do others say?

17. ronnieanand

Malmsteen is slow and boring. BB King rulez. He is 2400 times faster than Malmsteen even at an exhaggerated speed.

18. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

I wasn't fighting with you personally, asharpminor..apologies if it came across that way.
    The song is called Casperson's Little Secret, btw.
    I was basically making three points about this whole fastest guitarist bit:
    a) When you said any topic can be discussed for a long time, the problem is that this topic is being discussed forever!! Every guy who joins the forum decides to post either a "Who is better: Satch or Vai" or "who is the fastest: Malmsteen or Michael Angelo?" thread? After ayear on this forum even you will get bored seeing the same thread over and over again.
    b) Why this mad obsession with speed? It reduces music to an athletics event. This 'faster is better' nonsense (which I'm not accusing you of) has got to stop. Why is it that it is teenagers use it as an excuse to wank off and pretend it's music? (And yes, Marcus Paus is a huge culprit. For most of that song, he's clearly playing notes simply because 'he can' and not because 'he should'.)
    c) I was trying to educate you about the fact that all these guitarists you point to, saying 'Wow! How does he do that?' etc etc, would not be world beaters on most other instruments in terms of speed, nor would they become famous on that basis. Go to Juillard..most piano players who've been there 2-3 years could play Flight of the Bumblebee (wow! Petrucci can play it so fast!) with ease, most violinists can do Paganini's Fifth (Steve Vai is such an original genius..that thing in Crossroads is so kickass!!) but that is not the focus of their growth as musicians. Broaden your ears before you glorfiy shred-for-shreds-sake guitar playing.Listen to some jazz players..I'll bet you anything you want Malmsteen can't play anything on Pat Metheny albums, but ask Metheny to play Far Beyond the Sun, and he can do it in his sleep. Ask Malmsteen to play any Ornette Coleman or Coltrane solos on his guitar..he can't and won't, because his ego will get hurt. All he wants to do is write the same 'I'm a Viking' lyrics, hire new vocalists to sing them in garbled accents, and play A harmonic minor scales and arpeggios over them at blinding speed.

the_wizard likes this.
  19. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

Eric johnson, Satch, and the list goes on
    BUt seriously Justin King is one of the best guitarist in his own unique style of playing ( chek the song ''Knock On the Wood'').

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Most of the violinists playing solo cannot play chords. Forget talking about 11th and 13th ones.