Who is the best Guitarist among Bengali bands???

Discussion in 'Bengali Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by rock_roll_satch, Jan 6, 2006.

?

Who is the best guitarist among Bengali Bands?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2006.
  1. Rishab-Lakkhichhara

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Partha-Fossils

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Cactus er guitarist

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Ayub Bachhu

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rock_roll_satch

rock_roll_satch New Member

I;m saying it again, I do not compare teachers with students.
    How can u even think about comparing Deep, Ayub with THE GREAT AMYT DATTA??? :(

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

:RollLol:

To be as blindly biased as this needs balls of concrete.

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Hard............imagery:grin:

4. gm_bayzid

gm_bayzid New Member

ha ha... Biased... about bachchu Bhai if you tell me anything... I won't mind... :beer: ... really man... I won't... cos you might hardly seen him playing... or what kinda things he plays or he can play... so balls of concrete what you need to sense his playing... now you decide you have it or not... :think:

5. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

Tor knowledge er span ta ektu kom achhe mone hoy. Amyt Dutta obossoi bhalo., kintu tor idea nei Ayub Bachchu ki baajai.:annoyed:

6. rock_roll_satch

rock_roll_satch New Member

ami ekbar o bolini bachhu baje bajay.
    KINTU I THINK your knowledge ta ektu kom. Bachhu Amyt Dutta ke almost like a idol mone kore!! :)

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Luckily for me, I do not have this Foot-in-the-mouth disease that you seem to have. I admit that I have hardly seen him playing....In fact, I'll even admit that I have never seen him playing and I probably never will. I, sadly, do not have the balls of concrete that it takes. This is why I never once said that your statement is a theoretical impossibility because it is not. It is quite possible that he might be the best in the world but how on Earth do you come to know that it's true? Perhaps now you realize that your bias towards national pride is what led you to say something like that?

Because I have hardly ever seen him play, I can not comment on how well he does or does not play. I do not even try to for that very reason. You, however, do not seem to have a problem with making blatant statements.

Let's see what you'd have to do to prove that your statement isn't biased.

You say (i.e.-thesis)

To make a statement like this, you must have heard every guitarist in the country play at their very best? To judge when they are at their very best, you must have constantly gauged their performance over at least a few years after they turned professional? Of course, this gauging of performance is without taking into account the fact that they might actually improve after going pro. Let's say you closely monitor the performance of 44 guitarists at a time. Assuming that there are at least 10,000 guitarists in India and that you have judged their performance over at least a six month period, you must have spent a minimum of a 100 years over the initial part of your thesis.

Having heard each of them play, you must obviously have had some sort of a talent converter so that you can judge their performances across various genres? After having made an extraordinary instrument like that, you must have also done some impressive conversion tables to have been able to convert all the skill in different genres to one common format? eg- 35 units of skill in jazz music = 82 units of skill in pop. Something along those lines anyway....

Now after having converted the measure of their talent into unicode format much like we do in computers, you must obviously have found Ayub Bachchu to be far better than any Indian guitarist.

Q.E.D.

Your statement stands biased. I doubt I shall respond to any more of your posts unless you see the point I make.

To just about everyone else:

Why do you even care if others acknowledge that your favourite is indeed the best? Is it some sort of magical balm to your ego or is it just to assure yourself that your taste in music is excellent?

8. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

I believe I don't lie in those of eveyone you meant. Or do I ??:grin:

nIK!:nw:

9. debankan

Se to Steve Vai o Satriani ke sara jibon idolise korechhe. Kintu oer dujoner modhye ki ke bhalo aar ke baaje bola jai?

10. debankan

Baap re baap
    :shock: :shock:

11. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

bjr.............tht was a xxxxxxxl post.........u kno, u sud read law or somthin like dat......bhabanipurer chele gulo emnitei beis boke:p:

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Thank you for summing up my post ;)

13. gm_bayzid

gm_bayzid New Member

Hi BJR... oh... that was really nice... a good reply I must say... really you really said some good lines... but Bhai have you ever realised why I said all those... you might have got angry... but it was only beacu of that... I have found some three very totally different names along with Bachchu in the list... I didn't make my points to hurt anyone... yeah I said that he plays better than anyone in India (and I am sorry that I didn't mention the Bengali band Guitarists thing)... only because... to show a side... I admit about what you said... but if you really believe about what you said then you also have to belive that... in this thread your posts and my posts are totally diferent as far as the thread's subject is concern... and to me if you want to compare or judge or know who is the best in Bengali Band Guitarists... then its better to release two different thread... only keeping a name from Bangladeshi band is nothing but showing your ignorance... there are too many quality guitarists in Bangladesh... and man yo have to admit that when you are talking about best... it means you want to know about the best... and you have to choose one... I hope you got me... whatever... even if you are not interested to liste to Bachchu... but I hope you'll listen to good songs... cos afterall if you listen to good songs that will help you to know good guitarists... and who knows one day you might love one song of Bachchu... who knows... thanks... thanks for your time and thanks for your reply... be happy with your views... take care... GOD bless you...

I don't know now if I said anything wrong... so I am beging your pardon for that...

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I understand what you're saying and agree with you that the poll in itself was reeking of ignorance. The fact that Ayub Bachchu got more than double the votes of the other three put together should alone prove that. It certainly was not an even comparison. However, making statements like that would actually lower your level to that of the original poll. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

I'd love to listen to LRB is I ever got the chance. The chance just hasn't come my way yet. One of my bangladeshi friends promised me a cassette but we haven't met up in a while.

and you certainly do not need to beg my pardon. Discussions are fun.

15. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

virtuosity, flamboyace, stage presence, and showmanship is one thing, and musicality, melodiousness, life in compositions, ability in building solos and phrases is another. it depends on what area you prioritize and what aspects you yourself value. thats why someone chooses ayub bachchu, and someone else chooses people like amyt dutta or sumit ramachandran.

16. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

@BJR
    If you want songs by LRB, then go to cooltoad.com, and type LRB as artist ( In music search).....
    You can use this uresname for logging in...
    Code:
    Username: bangla_music
    Password: 123456

17. debankan

I think it would be very unfair to compare Amit Dutta and Ayub Bachchu. They belong to different genres, have different fan following and command equal respect.

18. gm_bayzid

gm_bayzid New Member

Hey BJR... its not matter man... actually I am here in Delhi for the last 6+ years and I have seen not only major Indian Bengali Bands (spl from West Bengal) playing here but also other Bands in GIR and other shows and I also have large number of friends in Delhi Music scene... I even got offers from various bands... thats doesn't matter... and hey if you want to listen to LRB or any good music (as I believe you have good choice of music)... you can always mail me or PM me... I'll give you link or will upload songs for you and others... no probs man... and enjoy music... and tell you the truth... debate always brings the truth... thats why I didn't mind... and hope you didn't mind too... take care...

19. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Quite a long thread :eek::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.