who has had the largest influence on your music taste?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Gravity_defies, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Gravity_defies

Gravity_defies New Member

who has had the largest influence on your music taste.....the music u listen to presently?????

2. Gravity_defies

Gravity_defies New Member

for me its my bro.....

3. shak

shak Harrr!

all the blues players ... bb,blind lemon,benny turner ... just to name a few ,... and oh yes fontran .. i play with a hevy blues accent! hehe
    (this should be in music talk i think ... mods!..slacking???)

4. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

bryan adams................................................................his video's.................:)))........den metallica and linkin park and fossils:nw:

5. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

My bro introduced me to the guitar and is better at it than me. Then it was my idol Satriani that made me think of taking the musical journey.

The first time when i heard Surfin with the Alien i was'nt really impressed but then i heard Not Of this Earth and Rubina and i was hooked from then on

6. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

i toook influences mainly from dave murray, joe scratchiani:grin:, warren mendosa!

7. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

joe satriani, and later steve vai.

8. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

for me it was nirvana and bryan adams....
    the moment i heard the opening of come as u r i felt like playing it..
    then came summer of 69..the way bryan plays the guitar...

9. ak&guitar

ak&guitar THE INNER VOICE

the small electric guitar played in the song "the man who sold the world" in nirvan unplugged in new york and the riff of "smoke on the water"by deep purple........ i m rocke and a guitar player or u can say.............
    I M WHAT I M BECAUSE OF THE ABOVE.

10. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

bryan intially (as a singer...) ..then ..jimmy page...then yngwie......stuck on yngiwe ever since...

11. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Initially my cousin introduced me to hard Rock. But I developed all listening by myself because had no other who used to listen to Rock. I used to read Magazines and then find out bands nad then buy their tapes. Another is my previous band's drummer who introduced me to Jam Bands and from then on I am stuck to Jam Bands.

12. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

In school i listned to all sorta stuffs .. Pop , Rap and rock ... and then i just knew what rap is ...

My first hearing of some rock sorta song was in 6th or something i guess .. when i heard sweet child of mine ..... then estranged and november rain ...
    Then used to listen to bonjovi sorta stuffs .... And then Aerosmith in 9 th or so ...

Then what ever music juniors heard were what seniors liked ...

Then when i came to bangalore for +2 i head stuffs like maiden , sabbath , metallica ....

There was this chap from BMS called Pravin Chamarthi, another guy called pramod and then a crazy guy called Tony (he listened to all sorta stuffs ) ........ Coz of these guys i got into rock and metal ...

Then in mysore where i went for graduation .. There was this chap called gana ... he made me listen to quite a few good stuffs ...

Then i started hanging out with losta rockers and heard to lotsa ppl ....

But guess main reason for me to want be in a band would be METALLICA , GNR and MAIDEN ...coz of them i wanted to sing and stuffs like that .......

13. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

The person who single-handedly had the largest influence on my musical tastes would be Mr. Amyt Dutta, my guitar teacher.

14. jekyll

jekyll Banned

a Donkey - what a beautiful melodic voice it has.

15. hate_eternal

hate_eternal Banned

The first rock band I ever heard was Iron Miaden (song was Be Quick or Be Dead) and instantly fell in love with it. It was sometime in the 8th standard.
    During graduation when I actually picked up the guitar I explored sub-genres of rock/metal and was glued to then forever.

16. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

U 2 , zeppelinn , bryan adams and Junoon

17. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

dave murray, hamment.... satch..and yeah JIMI 2!
    learnt pinch harmonics coz of dimebag...lol heheh !

18. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

and now im much influencd by Guns n roses

19. acousticdreamer

acousticdreamer ΩUNPLUGGEDΩ

Yup Bryan Adams for sure! I was most impressed and influenced by the Beatles' style of harmonizing their stuff. It was simply brilliant. I saw the movie 'Help' on TV one day and that's it!! I was blown away. So, did the Eagles.

20. jekyll

jekyll Banned

ok .. besides Donkey ...

Kirk HAmmet has been a gr8 big influence ... hey but dont jump to the conclusion that Kirk Hammet == Donkey .... NO!!!

Slash (godamnit) has also been an inlfluence

SRV, Eric Clapton

Toni Iommi, Ritchie BLackmore

Malmsteen

Paulk Gilbert ...

hell there are many more ...

there used to be one Shyam fellow in our hostel - amazing ...
    there used to be one girl - long time back - who cuddnt play guitar but she kept nice acoustic guitar trackx ....

more t come later ...