Whitesnake!

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by alpha1, Jul 14, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

All Whitesnake fans unite here.

Whitesnake is one of those bands that has dabbled in both Rock n Roll / Hard-rock kindof music as well as Hair Metal.

Personally I like the Hairmetal albums/songs, and actually it was the hair metal scene that lead them to popularity.

John Sykes and Steve Vai have lended some fabulous guitar work with equally fabulous guitar tones.

Albums to looks out for:
    Slide It In
    Whitesnake
    Slip of Tongue

and oh - you can check out Greatest Hits if you dont wanna take risk with three albums (PM and thou shalt be rewarded).

BTW the name Whitesnake is inspired by a piece of human male anatomy.
    :RollLol:

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I have not talked much about their previous (bluesy hard rock era) work coz, I have yet not finished listening to all.
    :)

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Me..........The biggest Whitesnake Fan out here :D . I have with me all of their collection and listened to all of their songs even before the MP3 days.

My favourite album is Ready n Willing which has most of the Classics..

The pair Bernie Marsen and Micky Moody on guitars were really cool..And Neil Murray :nw: :nw:

4. ronnieanand

At point of time it was 3/5 Deep Purple with Jon Lord on Keyboards, Ian Paice on Drums and David Coverdale on Vocals. Ritchie Blackmore and Roger Glover would have completed the Line Up. Their guitarist Bernie Marsden was recommended to Whitesnake by the man Ritchie Blackmore himself....Talk about job recommendations...

5. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

@ALPHA 1 ...what about your NEW FOUND love in GORE GRIND ???

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ cvnt-in-you-ing, still.

I dowloaded Cannibal Corpse The Bleeding album. \m/

Ron: :phbbt: I like the Whitesnake of later era.

7. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Slip of the tounge was one of the first tapes I had in my collections.. I still have that tape.... I liked it and still like it....I do like Whitesnakes older stuff too...

8. guitarfreak_106

guitarfreak_106 New Member

Speaking of white what about white lion? they have a few good songs. bratta's solos r great.

9. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

^ Snake poisons Lion
    Whitesnake wins.

Hissssss.

10. Judas Priest

Judas Priest New Member

Whitesnake's best albums were pre-1987. Adrian Vandenberg is a much better player than he chooses to show. and that was the case in Slip Of The Tongue.

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ But Steve Vai overshadowed him then.

12. ronnieanand

Where did Vai overshadow Adrian Vandenberg. Those two never played together. The songs were written by Adrian and played by Vai. Very similar to Mustain writing Kill 'em all and Hammett recording it. But Vandenberg was not fired, he had some ligament problems due to which he couldn't play guitar. Sad to say that Vandenberg has almost quit the music scene...:help:

13. vini

vini Repeat Offender

i have just heard/remember three songs by them: "is this love"..simply amazing song and another is "still of night", which is also not bad. then "here i go again" i find it ok-ok..
    would definitely like to know about other songs by dem..so which r ur faves?

"ah..those days! long haired men jiving wid their guitars"

14. Judas Priest

Judas Priest New Member

I meant to say that Vandenbergs songs were played by Vai. Just like the two of them played Sykes songs. No he's not given up. He made a cameo with Whitesnake at the Arrow festival. I was lucky enough to be there on my visit to Europe. The bad news is that he is still suffering from the injury on his right hand. It's so bad right now that he can't even hold a pick and picks with one of his nails. He still made good on his solo though. Doug Aldrich (who's a damn great guitarist) looked in awe of being able to play next to him.

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:eek::
    I mistook Adrian = Vivian Campbell. :eek::

Forgive me. Am not good with names.

Vini you forgot to add spandex-lycra wear and make-up on face

16. ronnieanand

Mishtoook again...Vivian Campbell never played with Vai too :p: :p: ..Vivian Campbell played with Adrian Vandenberg... And now you tell me, whom did Vai overplay :aggre: :aggre: ...Maybe he overplayed the Drummer. He'd have given a guitar to drummer and then won a guitar duel with him.....:think: :think: