While my guitar gently weeps

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by d_ist_urb_ed, Jan 26, 2006.

1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

the_wizard likes this.
  2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

It's a nice video. Apparently it puts the original song to shame (not having heard the original, I cannot say for certain).

btw the original link is : https://www.ukuleledisco.com/jake/

3. d_ist_urb_ed

Oh lol, well that people, look at the link that dmf gives, and yes it puts the original to shame.

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

In my opinion, it doesn't really put the original to shame. All it does is bring the harmonies from the background to the fore.....By "all it does", understand that I'm saying that it's a very difficult thing to do and the uke guy has pulled it off very well indeed but musically speaking, he's not broken ground. Technically it does put the original to shame perhaps but not musically. Musically, it's the same vision that George Harrison probably had. It's people like this Jake guy who sometimes bring out the beauty in the song in a more pronounced fashion.

But the video is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

5. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i checked it out..i absolutely love the song..and the way it has been sung.
    even tho this clip was good..and uve got to give credit to the guy playin..
    i prefer peter framptons rendition or even steven lukhathers rendition which he did in a toto gig.

having said all that i prefer the simplicity of the original.

6. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

cool.that was awesome.

7. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

:think: cool:grin:

d_ist_urb_ed likes this.
  8. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Wow.. that was some serious stuff....
    The way he handled leads and strumming is really amazing..

BTW> In the video...it seemed like his instrument featured 6strings... which is called 'Tenor' type Ukulele, where we have first & third string doubled..

REgards,
    Zooom...!!

9. d_ist_urb_ed

Nay, it's a 4 string uke alright, that's all he plays. On the same website, check out his concert, he can strum like crazy, but it's somewhat like shredding on the guitar, it gets boring after a while, but i've listened to this 50 times till now and i still cant get enough of it.