Which type of guitar Should be good for a beginner?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by garywilson456, Oct 13, 2014.

1. garywilson456

garywilson456 New Member

Hello,

I am a beginner and when I start playing guitar after some time my hands are going to hurt, So is this my guitar problem? If yes, then which type of guitar is good for me and for my hands.

2. A for apple

A for apple New Member

well .which guitar do you have.?
    and at first our fingers tends to hurt but eventually your finger tips will develop muscles or tissues that wont hurt after

3. Snowman19

Snowman19 New Member

Probably the most important consideration, when choosing what type of guitar to learn on, is what type of music will be played on the instrument. If you're a fan of rock music, and want to learn to play rock guitar, starting on electric guitar is a logical choice. If, however, you're a fan of acoustic music, and want to learn to strum your favorite songs, an acoustic guitar is probably best for you. set a budget first, then buy the guitar which gives the best value.

4. sunoy14

sunoy14 New Member

It is common for the fingers to hurt when starting. Slowly, your fingers will develop calouses and will not hurt anymore.
    It can also depend on the guitar. If action is too high on your guitar strings (results in strings being too high from the fretboard), that will hurt your finger more. So you should check the action before purchasing. High action also is harder to play and causes discomfort since you have to put more pressure.
    Electric guitars dont hurt much in compared to acoustic guitars.
    Again, nylon strings hurt far less in comparison to steel strings.
    Lastly it is upto you to decide which type of songs you want to play and purchase the guitar accordingly. Whichever guitar you choose, check the action and purchase. If you are not sure, you can ask the shop owner about it.
    Good Luck.

5. garywilson456

garywilson456 New Member

Hello,
    I have Acoustic guitar.

6. A for apple

A for apple New Member

lol i was asking about the guitar manufacturer and model no .