which song inspires you and/or gives you goose pimples? W-H-Y?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by jamhead, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

name those songs.

and dont forget to add why... they are so inspiring.

you could quote specifc lines from the song that connect with you most if you so want.

2. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

.Pehla Nasha.

EDIT: forgot 2 mention why.. :p:

3. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

lots of IR tamil songs from the 80s.. so beautiful I wish I was a teenager in some remote village in the eighties..
    Kodiyilae Malligapoo... gives me goosepimples any time I hear it.

4. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

why is everyone ignoring the WHY part???????????

5. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

that was the why part...
    does "why" necessarily have to do with some event in real life?

6. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

not at all.

helps others understand it better though when preceeded by "i like it cos.." or something equivalent

7. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

layla

song changed my life when looking at guitar based music.

8. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

u2's "new years day"

the lyrics.

9. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

'Everything' by Lifehouse - simply one of the best songs ever. The emotion that the guy puts into this song is unbelievably amazing. Every single line of this song is brilliant. Its a really slow song, but worth listening to. If I had to post the best lines from this song, I'd have to post the entire song here. This song exactly describes the way that I feel about someone.
    In short, just listen to it, you'll know what I mean.

10. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

damn.. i just realised that i have no passion for music... i just treat music clinically :shock: no song invokes any emotion in me.. yea no song has ever given me goose bumps...

11. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Dreamer Deceiver by Judas Priest. Just listen to it. No explanation needed.

12. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Achillies Last Stand by LZ...everything perfect here..amazing solo amazing vocals
    High Hopes-Floyd ..the solo at the is end too good.

13. deadman2115

deadman2115 New Member

the o sanam song ,cause before i learned this songs chords i thaught that i am a very bad chords player in guitar

14. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Ive got many man...

KISS - Journey Of 10,000 Years = esp. the solo in the end
    Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death.... no reason necessary
    Pearl Jam - Black = remins me of my breakup
    Death - Empty Words = no reason necessary

Many more, can't list them all...

15. kaiser

kaiser Bored

nice thread.

hotel california by the eagles. the beautiful chords progression and 'open to interpretation' lyrics. no goosebumps, but makes me relax.

sweet child of mine - gnr.... very energetic. the solo by slash....cant get enuf of it.

yes jo des hai tera , swades--- i like rehmans singing. very poignant, esp when you watch the movie. goosebumps, yeah.

16. kaiser

kaiser Bored

oh yeah.....e ajnabi from dil se....... its just beautiful.

ae mere pyarre watan- kabuli wala--- another gem of a song. this guys longing to get back to his country is reflected to well. donno who the singer was. can anyone tell me?

17. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

top gun theme...dunno y?
    always with me, always with you...
    the reason:
    jayanth had posted this song as one of the good satch numbers...and i just dnloaded the gp4 from MSB...and heard it...i liked it...then about 6-7 months later..i was on kazaa and thought i might as well download the Mp3....and i came across the mpg......so i was like what the hell......and downloaded it...it was 33Mb..and the god damned user was hardly online.......so it took me a good 1-2 weeks to download this.....and i had rsolvd not to preview it.....coz the track name for some rason appealed to me....and then when it came i was like..it better be worth it....
    and i was wondering...y it was called what it was.....and anyways...i just played it and it started ........and i am listening to it...and as soon as satch started...somehow i got so overwhelmed.....yea got the goosebumps.......and for some how the only thing i could thinkg of was...all the time i spent with the girl i love...the look i see in her eyes whn i see her...the way she talks to me...the way she holds me........how good and right it feels.....and man i cried.......never ever felt happy........
    man i dream about that song......ve been learnin it ever since...and goin good....
    somehow for me that song has kind of an allegoirc nature to it...when the muted guitars in the intro and the overdirven guitar cuttin in for the leads....feels like the songs tells a story......

18. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

knocking on heavens door...
    rt from the first chord....
    somehow no really makes me feel the sorrow........
    and yeah
    Never an Absolution.
    for the same reason

19. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

The national anthem always gives me the goose bumps..same with lata singing 'ae mere watan ke logon'....and as kaiser said 'ae mere pyaare watan'..by (Manna Dey if I aint mistaken)....

jamhead likes this.
  20. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Manna Dey RULES!!!

Manna Dey's Coffehouse... a masterpiece of a song man...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.