Which Pedal Is Better??

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by UjSen, Mar 21, 2006.

?

So,Which Pedal?????

Poll closed Apr 11, 2006.
  1. Digitech "Hot Head"

66.7%
  2. Boss DS-1

33.3%
  1. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

hi guys which pedal is better??

A digitech hot head

or a Boss DS-1

Attached Files:

2. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

If the hot head is one of digitechs analog ones its BY FAR BETTER than a DS1. No doubt in that. This purely from the act that it has a cab sim output and high and low knobs giving way more versatility than the DS1 tone knob which is too responsive(anything beyond 12 o clock is just annoying at high gain settings)

3. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Digitech HOT HEAD... Let me narate my experence... I was at Furtardos and wanted to pick up a Boss Blues driver...For Years I had waited to buy this pedal cause I had fallen in love with it,, but they did not have any as all were sold out... Just for Kicks I tried out the Digitech Scemin Blues, BAd MOnkey, Hot HEad, Grunge and Death Metal.. and I was blown by the tone.. Id i not even think twice and I bought the BAD MONKEY......I must say the HOT HEAD is ALSO COOL. the Controls for Highs and LOWs realy help u dial UR tone

4. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

forget both ..get a danelectro black coffee distortion or a behringer ultra distortion and ultra octaver pedal and you will be blown away by what these behringer pedals can do together .my friend has it and the first time i heard it ,i was blown away ..also they give much better value for money then both the boss and hothead.and both the behringer pedals are same price as a hothead .but between then ..the hothead is slightly better becuz it gives a slighty more chunky distortion ..

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Forget all that
    get Tech21 or TC Electronics pedals.

You will be blown away by the tone.

Digitech sound samples are better than DS-1. Thats all I can say.

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Sound samples are so misleading..I heard the sound samples of my Silver Dragon after buying it..and I am thankful that it sounds much better in reality...:)

7. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I agree sound samples are very misleading.. Listen to the sound sample in DIGITECh.. the riffs/ notes played clean ( witout effects) sound Bad .. .. come on give me a break ... Very few guitars sound like that without effects..Yes and u have to keep one thing in mind when listing to sound sample.. Those sound samples are recored using Good Quality guitars and amps.. so the sound u would get would be alot diff. alos diff manufactures would obviously be using diff amps and guitars to rec sound samples.... A note on Behringer.. Ok they make good value for money and sound good, but I would not recommened them as they are not Built STRONG... I have a BEHRINGER ACCOUSTIC MODULER and it sounds realy nice it comppetes very well with The BOSS Acoustic Moduler... And IS much Chearper compared to it.. But Built wisae the the BOSS is better... Alss The HOT ROD is not an expensive Pedall....

8. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

if u want metalish dist Grunge is the pedal 4 u.I think hot rod is good but Distortion Factory is awesome.

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

AMT Pedals are losing... Nobody seems to be talking about them anymore :think: :think:

Get a Mesa Boogie Tri Axis.

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Naah AMT are not losing.
    AMT Fatal Tube can do a better job than any of the Digitechs/BOSS/Zooms etc.

For really natural ballsy overdrive tending to distortion tone - AMT Fatal T00b.

11. ronnieanand

Nope... I dont agree. AMT Distortions are not natural sounding at all. They colour the tone severely.

12. sridhar11_2

The zoom analog drive pedals are actually said to be great. They look awesome and a lot of people treat zoom analog pedals almost like boutique pedals. They're meant mostly for metal.

13. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

AMT Du Hast dist really heavy and gr8 for metal.Especially RAMMSTIEN hence the name.

14. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

I dunno wt i should go with.
    the people on harmony central have given DigiTech an overall 2.something(extremely low,don remeber)
    and have given the boss DS-1 a 9!

vaise ,
    DigiTech one is costing about 39$(on the net) which is about 1500 bucks
    and so is the Boss.

I want a distortion pedal which can be used for many types of sounds(clean and smooth,or sometimes extremely high gain)

15. sridhar11_2

A stock DS1 will be very disappointing. Seriously go for the Digitech. You cant get a cutting kinda distortion with the DS1. You have to know most ofthe ratings are based on how the DS1 fits in with their rig. If you dont hav a really good tube amp you wont get much use out of the DS1. Its used mostly as a drive boost to the tube amps overdrive. I personally prefer the digitech pedal. I have a DS1 seriously you wont get a good sound just from a DS1 unless you have other pedals or a good amp.

16. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

The Digitech will also give u better tone control with controls for High and low.... The Digitech Is also BULIT LIKE A TANK. Also If you are in Mumbai Furtado's is an authorised dealer for DIGITECH . Once you buy the pedal you can go online and register your product.. i have tried out the HOT HEad and I must say it is a good pedal. The reason I did not buy it is because I did not need it but neede an Overdrive pedal, and so I picked up the BAD MONKEY. Also I must say that I dont agree with some reviews in Harmony central, They tend to get BIASED... I am not saying the DS1 is not good it is defintly a great pedal too.. Joe Sat uses it for distortion ( just FYI if you neede that), and gets all his distorted tones from it. But I do belive the BAD MONKEY will give you better tonal shaping. Let me put it this way, would u pick up an amp with just a single TONE control, an amp with a control for BASS,MIDS & TREBLE ?

17. ronnieanand

Nope... Joe Satch gets his distortion from his Signature Series Amp from Peavey. He uses DS1 as a Clean Boost to push the amp harder for more crunch... Joe Sat will be dead if he relies on a simple Stomp Box for his distortion... It's the Amp.. DS1 gets him more crunch and more natural compression and more drive and not gain.. Infact the Gain Knob in his DS1 is set to 0. :beer: :beer:

18. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I STAND CORRECTED

19. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

wts the price of the digitech hot head in mumbai???(shouldn.t exeed 2500)

20. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I really dont recollect the price but its was something like 2500. Andit is defintly great Value for money.