which of these music directors can make the best rock song.

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ak&guitar, Oct 22, 2005.

?

which music director would make the best rock song?

1. Vishal bhardwaj

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. vishal-shekhar

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. jatin-lalit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. shankar-ehsaan-loy

22 vote(s)
    61.1%
  5. Aadesh shrivastav

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. sandeep chowta.

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  7. himesh reshamiya

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. ak&guitar

ak&guitar THE INNER VOICE

hey guys........... bollywood has some talent thats not being utilizet in a proper manner.........

there are allota music director who just have to be set free and they can do wonders f they get good project where there is scope for great rock musci,

only if our film directors stop makin the same s.h.it.......about sweet sugary drama,melllo movies (specilly these chopras ,johars ,ghai,bharjatiyas) :mad:

vishal bhardawaj got the chance in the movie paanch and he proved it.
    the song khuda hu main rocks. :rock:

well u tell us who among these has the potential to make great rock songs in the comin future.

1. vishal bhardwal.
    2 vishal /shekhar
    3 jatin -lalit
    4 shankar-ehsaan-loy
    5 sandeep chowta
    6 adesh shrivastav
    7 himesh reshamiya.

2. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

SHANKAR-EHASHAN-LOY.. .. :) They ROCK!!:band:

nIK!!:banana:

3. vini

vini Repeat Offender

shankar-ehsaan-loy + sandeep chowta

without a doubt ;)

derz 1 pair called salim suleiman..i think have lotsa potential..but they r not getting the real break yet!

4. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

shankar ehsaan loy are gr8 friends ....havent seen anyone like them around at all.....lets hope they rnt gays at the same time!

5. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

cmon sandeep chowta ?? he's all abt synthesized and techno kinda music :annoyed:

wudnt make any diff even if they were .. they rule!

6. guns_n_gore

guns_n_gore hell raiser

sandeep chowta see that song...... dum tile song

7. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

without a doubt.. its Shankar ehsaan loy.. those guys are great.. in music i mean

8. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Vishal Bharadwaj, Vishal-Shekhar----with their rock background they can do amazing stuff.

Shankar Ehsaan Loy----They have done sm cool stuff in the past.

Sandeep Chowta----I like the riffs from his new flick...the one starring Nagarjuna and Ayesha Takia....

rest are waste...

multiple choices plzzzz

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Who are these people. I was expecting AR Rahman. He had played for Rock Bands when he was a kid. In many of film scores, there are a lot of Distorted Rock Guitaring at the back ground. Infact there are some tamil film songs, where there is Legato and tapping and also some shred.

10. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Oh yes. how did I forget Rehman. He is an awesome musician and a talented singer.

11. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

and guys like Jatin Lalit and Himesh Reshammiya do not deserve to be on this list.

12. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@ronnie - rehaman rulez! im hearing right now his vande mataram song and he has got distorted and muted power chords being played behind during th verses!

13. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

What ever dude .. I hate that bugger who rips all the time ... or most of the time !!

And shankar-ehsaan-loy are i guess the winners of some Mojor rock event in 80s .. They had a great band ..
    And u can see the influence in Instant Karma ..

14. dratul

dratul New Member

VISHAL SHEKHAR

Remember Zhankar beats and Dus?

They are outstanding

15. mathai

mathai Mathai Learns To Rock

Oh God Please forgive him ,he has no idea what the s_h_i_t he's talking

How dare Youy call Asia's leading composer a bugger????? :mad: Be careful when u make such comments.I listen to all his works and im sure there's nobody in the indian music industry talented like him now.He's the only indian music director who's capable of doing international projects...
    and please do listen to all his works before making such awful comments...

16. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Ha ha .. U wanna know wht i have heard of that bugger .. Starting from IRUVAR , Or Duet or Roja or Kadalan or Indian or for that matter lots of new SH!T ...
    He rips like hell thts true ..
    I have heard to all this stuffs ..
    That Jumbalika song is a rip off of an english track !!!!!
    And that guy when he has no ideas he rips his own stuffs and puts it in other languages ..
    The is crap ..
    Except for few good work ..
    THAT WAY ANU MALIK in BORDER has done great JOB .. So do u mean to say he is great !!!!!

I BET Ilayraja is anyday better that Rehman ....

17. diva

diva Banned

AR Rehman :)
    makes one of the best music in this country.

Anu Mallick is the biggest tragedy in current music scene; however, when he had come into lime light in eighties he did a very nobke thing of making music (must be lifting music) from the popular western music of eighties (just like Bappi Lahiri)

jekyll likes this.
  18. jekyll

jekyll Banned

out of all these only Shankar Ehsan Loy come close to Rock kinda music that involves guitars (hey one of them is a guitar player)

Rehman is good for World music :grin:

19. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

^^that one of them is ehsaan..
    who is also a member of IGT...

20. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

I wonder where the future of indian music is going with 26 people thinking that these people can actually make a good rock song. Keep your hopes alive people..