Which is the best song in the Pakistani Rock Genre...?

Discussion in 'Pakistani Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by Sohrab_khan, Dec 11, 2004.

1. xulfi

xulfi New Member

i will go for EP,jal,call

2. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

well pak is havin many new talent comin up.........guyz any1 heard Josh(a underground band)song awal bhi tu hai

3. Orange Guitar

Orange Guitar IGT's ALLROUNDER

that band sucks!!!!

4. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

their new songs is good yaar.....(Well its ur point of view)

5. mash

mash New Member

Call :d

6. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

well........to put it very ideally!! then none of paki songs come in Rock genre :p coz paki so called rock music as a little taste of melody no matter how good we try to separate this melody from rock!! paki musicians jus cant avoid mixin a bit of melody with rock!!

lots of jal supporters here!! i wouldnt say jal is soft rock...........its pop music.........jus having a guitar doesnt make u a rock star or soft rock star!! the reason i said pop is the BEAT!! the beat of jal is quite predictable and quite implied in every song!! so pop genre has this difference from other music genre.

Mekaal.........havent heard of it!! but whatever i heard! nowhere a metallic band! not a rock band!! u jus cant have a ustad singing over drums and lead guitars!! and called as rock or metal? hilarious!!

EP.......... well..........as they say alternative rock..........i wouldnt comment on this band!! they are good no doubt!! but they've already made their position safe!! since they are not metal not rock no pop nothing :p and they are alternate rock since alternate rock or more recently called nu-metal has no definition!! so no harm :D

Noori is not rock!! most of their songs have a taste of Punk music!! so it would be better if they focus on punk music!!! they sound good!! ali noor good vocals and a nice guitarist!! they've gumby...........so quite a lot potential...........

Strings....................not a band! end of the story! not a rock band too :p

Atif...............no comment :p

Junoon.............first they were called pop artist when we use to watch NTM charts.........then they changed their image and were called Sufi pop group.........and then Sufi Rock band!.................they have such a bunch of music !! so they are rock group? yes....................and no too!! coz once again i said.........its not easy for paki musicians to separate that melody from that rocky style!! so they had some mysterious style mixed with rock music so once again! another NO to so called rockers!!

who's left? probably me? or probably the ones u would take names of!! well these were the main bout which i would like to say something...............other so called bands or groups!! all in dust bin!! :p

Cheers!!

p.s. jus my opinion! u can agree and u cannot agree so no hard feelings!!

Regards,
    Khurram.

7. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

8. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

wat bout mizraab and their's IZHAAR or INSAAN
    the solo's are one of the best in pakistan

9. asker_zaidi

asker_zaidi New Member

Well i think Main Na Manoon by Riff is the best song.......

10. Satanic Velkrow

Satanic Velkrow New Member

The best band is EP thts fer sure....sum ov them over there r not rock bands like Jal and then one guy sed that Fuzon is not mentioned ,it may be a rock band but it cant be listed with those guys... yeah and junoon its a legendary band no one can be compared with it for example noori.Jal ,Call ,and EP all r related to Zulfi da man and sum ov da best songs are

EP:Fitrat
    Call:pukaar
    EP:Hamesha

yeah thats about it if ur talkin hard rock

11. Satanic Velkrow

Satanic Velkrow New Member

BEST SOLO BY MIZRAAB ??!! thats a good one dude ! m_waleed86 sorry dude but u gotta lissen to Zulfi first if ur talkin about solos...yeah and i tottaly agree with the khurram86 guy he really knows about rock bands and all ...sum ppl say that Karavan and Noori r hard rock but they hav funk in their songs so it cant be compared wit EP and call.

12. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

I Go For Strings --anyday

13. DRBILLA

DRBILLA New Member

i will vote eP b/c this band is no:1 in lyrics, music and every thing. And they have covered whole world in thier album :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

14. DRBILLA

DRBILLA New Member

its eP yarr

15. devil_owais

devil_owais New Member

jal-aadat and atif-jal pari they are best

16. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

Junoon ....is the father of Rock musik.....in pak.
    ..all these bands are Kids

17. NidaS

NidaS New Member

I Guess this topic is about ' Rock music'
    Wake up!!!! Sure i LOVE jal and atif but mate they are POP!
    Not rock!!!!

Rock bands .....Corduroy is a good one. E.P is okay, Mizraab!

18. Double A

Double A New Member

AAROH - NA KAHO!!!!! roX REALLLY! GR8 GUITARING :NICE VOICE!!!!!!!
    also

19. Priyank_Jal_fan

Priyank_Jal_fan ..:[Snip]:..

i simply looveee.... jal
    and Atif Aslam's and Farhan Butt's voice
    But the undying voice of Ali Azmat will remain as a legend in HIND ROCK

Jal and Junoon has always been my fav.
    But i heard E.P. and Aaroh (sawaal) and they arent bad either
    looks like pak is full of rock talent
    so do india.................

20. Lahori_rocker

Lahori_rocker Guitar God left IGT