Which is the Best Guitarist (Includes Composing Too)

Discussion in 'Pakistani Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by Orange Guitar, Sep 24, 2005.

?

Choose The Best Guitarist with Composing and Skills

Poll closed Nov 3, 2005.
  1. Faraz Anwar (Mizraab)

10.0%
  2. Mekaal Hasan (Mekaal Hasan Band)

10.0%
  3. Khurram Waqar (KNumb)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Salman Ahmad (Junoon)

35.0%
  5. Aamir Zaki (He is single)

35.0%
  6. Shallam Xavier (Fuzon)

10.0%
  1. Quadrophenia

Quadrophenia Member

i dont like amir zaki..never did the only songs i like where hes played guitar is aitebaar by junaid jamshed (live) and tere liyey again by junaid jamshed.. besides that ive not heard any peice of music from him..which is remotely deep and meaningful as salman ahmed.
    salman ahmed incorporates more of eastern music into his songs..eastern scales whereas from the two songs i have heard by amir zaki hes more of an ''english'' guitarist if u get what i mean?

2. riffer

riffer New Member

Maaaaan....SALMAN AHMAD is way above all of other. he's like a doctor of Music and Composition. got diversified composition, rock, sufi. pick any song of Junoon, and u'll find a different look in it.

3. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

From the list I would choose Aamir Zaki & Shallum. What about Nabeel Chisty from Aaroh ?

4. Orange Guitar

Orange Guitar IGT's ALLROUNDER

I thought that u ppl will vote for Mekaal .... coz mekaal is the best music composer here....it is true that Amir Zaki is gud but it took many yrs to become a gr8 guitarist and a composer....mekaal took only few yrs....and his solos and music are extremely gud....as for Faraz Anwar...malsa yeah hai key logon ko naya music pasand nahi aata....that is rock....no1 listen to rock....thats what the major problem is....Aamir Zaki is not a Heavy Heavy Rockstar!!!!!

5. shak

shak Harrr!

@orange: its not like that mate ...
    people in pakistan do rock .... they know satch and vai and yngwie and allan holdsworth etc.
    and they DO have a very mature sense of music and this is the reason that faraz doesnt cut with them ...
    take my example .. i have been listening to one of the greatest guitarists, gilbert, holdsworth, page, vai, satch, king, darrel, iommi, slash, dan, malmsteen, etc .. they all have diff taste in music ..some are really bluesy some are thrashy shredders .... and when i judge faraz i judge him while carrying very high standards .. and to be honest... his music is crap .. where as aamir zaki .. in my opinion can cut with the greatest international artists .... believe me!
    try to listen to more foreign music ... Good music that is .. broden your horizon and you will know why faraz isnt geting any votes.

6. grimreeper_007

grimreeper_007 New Member

amir zaki is the 1st person in sub-continent to owe and play a 6 string fretless bass guitar.He also made solo on it.Like the solo of people r people and bhula deyna was of bass guitar

7. Orange Guitar

yeah man..it is true that Faraz's music is not that gud...but he got skill...but no gud composing...Zaki is very gud...and i m seeing that there is a race between salman and zaki.
    !!!!!!

8. shak

shak Harrr!

i will agree on "faraz has good skills" ... no question about that ..

9. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

welll zaki and salman both hav got good skills...............

10. shak

shak Harrr!

true!
    but each is good in its own field
    salman: good in desi and oriental music .. like raags and stuff + rock
    aanir: i would love to say he is an allrounder but cant .. he is good at blues and jazz
    faraz: nice shredder

11. Orange Guitar

why ppl voted for shallum???????????????

12. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

^why did u include Khurram waqar ? in this ?

13. grimreeper_007

grimreeper_007 New Member

orange u should put nabeel chisty instead f khurram waqar ,and asad ahmad instead f shallum.

14. Orange Guitar

u know...khurram waqar is better than nabeel....he made guitar wrokshop with Faraz...and Faraz said that he is a power player will become very famous soon.....check out their site...

www.knumb.com