which is the best electric guitar EVEr produced??in ur opinion>

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by UjSen, May 31, 2006.

?

so which one is it??

Poll closed Jul 20, 2006.
  1. The Les Paul

46.2%
  2. The Gibson SG

30.8%
  3. The Fender Stratocaster

69.2%
  4. The Fender Telecaster

15.4%
  5. The Rickenbacker 360

7.7%
  6. The Ibanez JS(all of them in general)

30.8%
  7. The Ibanez JEM(all of them in general)

30.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

Hi All,
    I was wondering which acording ot all would be the best guitar ever produced>>:nw:
    If ur guitar isn't mentioned be free to express ur views:beer:

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

well, I wish I'd played enough to be able to tell.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Mine.
    The Custom made one, not the GiVson.

4. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

No opinions?????:cry1:

5. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Stratocaster Leo Fender was a Genious....Infact The tele too is well designed...The pickups availabel before Leo made the tele were big and huge...Leo felt that the Pickups did not need to be so huge so he designed a pickup smaller in size.. the type we now call SINGLE COIL... and built his TELE around it...The Strat that he desigend a few years later Was very innovative... It was the first guitar to have 3 pickups... + a very innovative Vibrato unit ... ( before that we had Bigsby style Vibratos).. Plus his design of the strat was very innovative....
    Ok Les Paul to designed a great guitar.... but his guitar was built more around tradition...I am sure if Les Paul might have been working on his own he would have designed a better LES PAUL... There are a lot od\f stories abouth Gibson constantly inerfering in his design... Infact when Les Paul first took his design to Gibson... Gibson called it "A BROOM STICK WITH A PICKUP", they also did not want the name GIBSON to appear on the LES PAULS... the reason being that they felt LES PAULS innovative idea would spoil Gibson image in the industry....
    By the way Les Paul was the first person to design the Headles Guitar.....but it never went into production.
    My vote goes to Leo Fender.....followed closely by Les Paul....There are many innovative guitars in the industry..... but they have improvised on Leo and Les 's designs....
    Oh yes Ibanez did not design the JEM. It was designed and built by
    Joe Despagne (AKA JEM) Vai's long time friend. .... Most of Vais' guitars are built by Joe ...But the Jems you see in the Music store are built by Ibanez...and just have Vai's endorsment on it.

6. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

7. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Slash's main Guitars are made by a luither named MAX and just have the Gibson logo on it because Slash endorses GIBSON.

8. Fender strat.
    No Contest

Played a Gibson Les Paul first then the Strat, so I speak with a lttle experience

The bevelled shape of the Stratocaster, which contours to the body can not be beaten. The playing arm is freer in movement and emphasis.
    Neck is smoother and scratch plate it fixed unlike the Les Paul I had.

jocelyn likes this.
  9. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

wt about the telecaster?????:cry1:

10. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

+1 I totaly agreee..My friends LP is lying with me...It is nice guitar .. But I prefer the Strat....
    @ UJSEN Tele s are beautifull guitars......One day I am going to get myself a tele.. .. The best way I can describe a TELE is Simple but great....

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Telecaster looks super antique (somehow) and THAT adds to its charm.

12. stalker

stalker Banned

This.

msg2short

Attached Files:

13. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

Dude u NEED one o these.... Real bad!

14. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

@ the wangcaster>>:RollLol::RollLol::RollLol:

15. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

Givson Rulezz...well atleast the blue diamond

16. stalker

stalker Banned

Givson rules compared to the Tele? Are you drunk?

17. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

yes i am ! just drank a glass of Glucondi !

18. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

HAHA!!! That really is the WangCaster!!!!

19. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Anyhooo.... The Gibson LP is the BEST!!!! A very close second would be the strat! Thats my opinion.

BTW.. why does the poll result show total percentage as 220% (at the time of my post) ?????

20. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

wt about the rickenbacker 360??
    wasn't that the first guitar to have to jacks?