which is the best combination of guitar, amp and processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rechts_234, Apr 1, 2005.

1. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

there arent too many EX guitars availale in india....

try DX - do u really need a scratch plate? u had rather go for something like a bound rosewood fretboard - it plays a little better and lasts longer...

id suggest DX over EX anyday -EX doesnt ahve binding

2. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

scratch plates look pretty nice!

3. deathdr_87

not much better on rgs - somehow the dxes look better coz of the sharktooth inlays - i dont remember if exs have that

4. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

i was to the Musee Musicals shop today (looked more like an underground market to me)
    >>they don't have any ibanez too ... got to ORDER them, he said and I was like "YES ORDER IT !... DAMN IT" (well, something like that) ... and he said he'd call me back monday

MAN !

5. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

I again went back to Musee Musicals, and he said he only got GRG/X guitars... and was not sure about RG370DX... :-( ... He said he'd have to import them all the way from Korea! 20 days... And I was thinking this was one of the best shops in Chennai ... Anyways ... I asked him to go ahead with the thing ...

And coming to amps, he told me Roland amps were better comp. to Marshall amps...it has built in distortion and all...what do the masters in here say ?

6. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

In regards to the amps it really depends on two things.

Firstly the sound you want to get out of it
    Secondly the guitar you are going to use with it.

For example if you wanted the classic blues tune and you had a Stratocaster then the best fit for that would be a Fender Tube (Valve) amp. If you wanted the same sound but with an LP apparantly the better fit would be the Marshall Tube (Valve) amps.

However the Transistor (Solid State) amps are also good, especially if you want a heavy rocking sound with tons of effects played onto the sound. Also the size of the amp also matters - basically its much more difficult getting a good amp than a good guitar.

My advice would be for you to wait the 20 days get that guitar and then go to the guitar shop and play on all the amps.

7. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

hey rechts
    could u tell me wat prices r grg/x n rg370dx selling in chennai??

8. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

he said the guitar RG can be > 20k (just to scare me away) ... but not sure of the exact prices .. will post of them once i know...

yes rabi, he said once he gets the guitar here, he'd let me play with all the available procs and amps...

and i asked him about the fenders, he said yes, that he can get a fender stratocaster for 23k! I asked him if it's not squire? No...:shock:and chinese made ? No ! original...

may be it's fendar

9. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@rechts....i dunno abt chennai however, in mumbai you wont get a RG below 25k if its NOT RG150 OR 170DX.

even GRG270 or something costs around 25k. Good to hear some1 is taking care of importing stuff from korea. I dunno if he cud help to get a RG from korea to Mumbai?

Huh?

10. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

he said the his boss is in mumbai that he'd talk to the boss and let me know !

anyways, if u want one i'll ask him the address in mumbai for the outlet or a phone number...

11. rust_in_pain

why dont u guys check out the official dealer at mumbai?
    their address is given on www.ibanez.com (india section)

@rechts...dude u didnt posted the price of grg/x in chennai?

12. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

hey rust in peace! i will ... in a week .. hold on

13. rust_in_pain

lol, my id is rust in pain

14. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

i knew that :)

15. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

I'll really appreciate that.

16. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

damn !
    the musee guy said... he can't get me the Ibanez RD 370 DX :(( He said he'd get me the Ibanez GRXs though .... which i don't want coz i've been told here thus...
    all this coz his boss in mumbai doesn't have one !
    my whole wait in vain !

is there any other possible way thru which i can get this guitar? plz help !

17. deathdr_87

usa.... thats the best bet... otherwise its aaialble in singapore/hongkong/kuala lampur, etc.... but ull have to get semone to buy it for u from dere and get it back with them...

18. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

yes that's an option death_dr ... but how would we get through the customs? wouldn't they check ?

and i found out this other shop (sapthaswara, mylapore) he said he can get me the RD 370 Dx Japanese make for 44,000 - 48,000 Rs/- !!!
    Please tell me what's the difference between American/Japanese/Chinese makes...me confused!

19. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Japanese made ones were the old/original stock built from the Hoshino factory in Japan. Their quality is awesome - my JEM is Japanese and you can always tell the difference - the feel, the woodwork and the electronics...simply superb - mine is a 1991 JEM (some of you might even not be that old...lol).

The Custom series of Ibanez were built in the US - kinda to promote the 'Made in USA' feeling since pretty much everything in the US was anyway outsourced.

Chines/Korean/Indonesian ones are the new Ibanez guitars nowhere close to the Japanese in terms of build quality...although very cheap...no wonder a JEM VWH is available for $1100 brand new....

Hope this helps....

On the customs bit: I travel with a guitar each time I visit India - never had a problem...once walked in with not 1 but 2!!

20. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

The Ibanez RG370DX is made only in Korea. There are no Japanese makes of this guitar. So that shopkeeper dude is ripping you off.