which is the best combination of guitar, amp and processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rechts_234, Apr 1, 2005.

1. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

@stoned - get ur grg to my aplce - and then ill compare it to my rg - ull see the differenc then... if u then claim to not see any difference - ull just be a liar! haha

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I will also bring my GB&a for that comparison. You'd be really surprised and you'd also want an exchange. It's great except for the 8 guage Ernie Ball strings. Will be changing it to 10 guage soon.

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

And ill bring my givson along...hehe, but i dont think nebody will be too surprised :):)

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Maybe they'll get shocked. You should still give it a try.

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hahahaha.
    quoting big_evil : maybe their d ick will blow up :RollLol:

6. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

:eek:fftopic:

7. deathdr_87

haha ok - all of ull get ur guitars well have this big jam session - im sure something will blow up - maybe not some1s ****.

no seriosuly dude - thers a bg dif.. in a grg and an rg.

8. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

so which RG ?

9. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Whats the opinion on Steinberger??...they are in the $300-350 range..H-S-H EMG passive pickups ...personally I wudnt go for it:)..looks wise too rad and futuristic..I dunno abt sound though...but i know some ppl wudnt mind...so u can consider it....

10. deathdr_87

i have RG 370dx

11. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

everyone , what's the diff between ...
    RG DX, RG DXL, MH, EX series ? I can't seem to find anything in the website

@nebuch...Steinberger, I go with you ;-) too radical

12. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

1) The RG DX has a bound rosewood fretboard with inlays but no scratch plate.
    (THe RG DXL is just a left handed version of the above)
    2) The RG EX has a scratch plate with bound rosewood fretboard and inlays(has everything!).
    3) The RG FM has a flamed maple top but no scratch plate, inlays or bound rosewood fretboard
    4) The RG MH has bound rose wood fretboard and a fixed bridge. The good thing about this guitar is that it comes with Mahogany body :nw: .

13. downinahole

downinahole hymenopter

Okay, nebuch,
    I was really keen on Steinberger. Steinbergers have their own ultra futuristic bridges, and no headstock, much like the floyd rose guitars which have a headstock just for ornamental purposes. Yeah. Extremely radical. Extremely attractive if you want to make a statement.
    That's where it all ends. Firstly the Spirit range which is available on musicyo.com is like the Gio series of Ibanez or the Squier series of Fender or Epiphone of Gibson.....you can read the trend. Well, Epiphone may be really good, but can't say the same about Gio guitars or Squiers. Well, I haven't really checked out a Steinberger, but I wouldn't buy one unless I have at least 2 or 3 other guitars. Don't buy it as your sole guitar. Moreover, you can do nothing about replacement of parts. You'll have to wait until parts are shipped, because I doubt any dealers in India stock Steinberger. Also, parts are really expensive.
    I am quoting from the site

https://www.steinbergerworld.com/

This site more or less gives you the lowdown on the Steinbergers. It is the most comprehensive site on Steinbergers.

14. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Well downinahole..thnx for all the advice..I was just suggesting that rechts check out steinbergers too...I personally dont like them...I have done a lot of guitar construction research on the web...and I am definitely going for a Tulasi custom according to my specs(me in Chennai now :))..hell I cant afford anything else in a budget of 8-9 k...:eek::
    But its my first elec and who knows it might come out pretty good..I can always upgrade the pickups later....:beer:

15. Orange Guitar

Orange Guitar IGT's ALLROUNDER

did u get the guitar???????????? its been a long thread!!!!!!

16. deathdr_87

@neb - cehck out ebay - thers a johnson imitation strat which isnt that bad - im guessing itll be better than your first attempt at guitar manufacturing...

it comes for 8k

17. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

lol ...dude ... I'm just being patient

don't worry this thread will end soon ... just a few more days

18. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

err...deathdr...I said a Tulasi custom guitar according to my specs...he makes pretty decent guitars from wat I've heard....I'll just ask him to make it to my specs(as in the shape, color,maybe wood type etc etc)...me building my own guitar.. :think: ..maybe some day ...:)..definitely not now..

19. deathdr_87

oh! - soory i mixed up u with some1 else - some1 else was talking of building there own guitars.. sorry....

20. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

so it's EX ... just gimme a final quote on the Rg -EX everyone ? plz