which is the best combination of guitar, amp and processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rechts_234, Apr 1, 2005.

1. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

highway 1 is a decent guitar to be honest, its made out in their Carona factory and its ok.

as for a 24 fret Fender i'm pretty sure there must be one.

2. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

ok guys .. with all the knowledge i've gathered ... i'm gonna check out pro musicals(Egmore) today...any quick advice ??

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Just a request dude..cud ya post ur findings on Chennai prices..me planning to go for a low-end guitar soon..mostly a custom Tulasi ..but wud like to know the prices....

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^^nebu...ask ronnie anand..he's got a tulasi start copy

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I already discussed this with him:)....just waiting for my cash situation to improve:eek::...BTW he has a Les paul copy..his strat copy is GB&a...

6. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

was to pro musicals today ... they had yamaha pacifica (which i played for a while)..there were no fenders or ibanez...htey said we gotto order them...and he said he doesn't even have the price list...gr8

7. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Thats too bad....I thought only Musee musicals had a pathetic stock of elecs....
    but clearly i was mistaken :annoyed: ...I think Bangalore stores might have a better stock...
    I cant think of anymore Chennai stores for elecs....

8. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

lol..i heard chennai as the best place to buy an electric...gosh the state of affairs in india is really pathetic.

9. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I guess that wud have to corrected to Chennai is the best place in India for Indian made elecs....and that wud be for Tansen alone...seriously..the situation needs to change....

10. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

this is pro musicals # btw ... in case you are totally lost about any models' price INR...
    u can mail these guys or call them ... they might be of help
    044-28193823
    promusic@vsnl.com

11. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

ok i'm tired of this ... my search hasn't been that friutful...
    was listening to megadeth all these days.. and i changed my mind...so these are 'my last words'...i think i'll go back to metal and stick to it ... buy an ibanez..and worry about the fender strats later(when i'm rich)...just give a list of ibanez for around 30k

12. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

marty uses jacksons...thats what id suggest ..an rr3/ kelly ke3...both are about 500$. I dont know whether they are available in india but if u are planning to buy ur guitar from the US id suggest u seriously consider these models.

14. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

it does hurt ... really does...no offense though...

rabi ... do u think the fender mexian strat is worth going for ?? whenever i think of that, i always keep thinking of the american fender and that i'm going for a cheap imitation(not true, but still)...

Please...help ... should i go for a different guitar altogether...ibanez? and think about buying this later...

15. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

a cheap imitation of a Fender USA strat are the Squire strats. You must remember that a Mexican strat is not cheap as it retails brand new in the region of £350-400. Build wise they are as good as Fender Japan so I don't think you'll have a problem in the Mexican strat.

What I would say you would have an issue with is finding a Mexican Strat that has a pickup on it that is built for metal. Something like the Seymour Duncan Hot Rails or the Seymour Duncan humbucker or the DiMarzio's or an EMG as one of the pickups.

Best bet is to locate the Fender Mexican Fat Strat models.

Or you go get an Ibanez.

16. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Yeah, seriously dude. Go for Ibanez preferably RG.

17. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

what's the diff between RG and GRX guitars ? sound? cost ? and what's so special about the seven string RG7321 ?

18. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

its an rg series 7 string = affordable + quality 7 string!

theres a world of difference between rg and grg - u can almsot translate grg to ghati rg!

for starters - quality of construction - grgs have 0 qulaity control... theydont reject crappy manufactures... the quality of parts - dont even get me started on this - pick up an rg with almost identical features and then a grg - ull see the difference- even in feel when oth have say a rosewood fretoard....

theres no comparision

19. stoned_survival

stoned_survival New Member

dude u r wrong there --i have a grg ---and its awesoooome --ive tried out some rgs ---no diff in quality

20. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

^
    dude you are so wrong there, grgs suck.