which is the best combination of guitar, amp and processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rechts_234, Apr 1, 2005.

1. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

what can i get for 30k .. ?
    which is the best combination of guitar, amp and processor?
    me in chennai ...

2. shak

shak Harrr!

check the "the time has come" thread ..

3. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

yeah good thread... but if i start asking questions there ... then i'd be termed as a 'hijacker'

4. shak

shak Harrr!

no .. u can ask as much as you want ... no one would call u hijacker ... go on this is why we are here for ...

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

ask here, in this thread.
    go on..dont be shy now :):)

6. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

thanks dennis ...
    which elec would be good for rammstein, pumpkin sounds ? metal and grunge kinds ?
    and gimme some idea about the processors and amps...
    my plan is to put more money on the guitar and less for the others ... would that work?
    or is a processor equally important ... i'm new to elecs, been playing acoustic for some time...
    it's upto you people ... i've been holding back from buying an elec just for the lack of advice

7. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

buy an ibanez RG and a marshall amp(with built in distortion)
    ..buy the processor sometime later. This is ur best bet..the new guitar+amp will keep u going for some time. Get ur technique right first..the effects will come later.

8. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

nonono

im sorry i must disagree with dennis on this one - dont go for an ibanez - for pumpkins rammstein etc.. u mgiht find either a fender or an lp type guitar (epiphone maybe) much more useful....

and @rechts - ya some1 did start calling others hijackers in that thread.... well good thing u started ur own thread...

for an amp - marshall or roland - theyre always 2 good options...

9. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

i'll stick with this ...
    but i see there are some 10 elecs in the RG series ... where would i find a list of specifications and the price?INR

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

death _dr...hes also said metal. I dont listen to either rammsetin or the pumpkins.
    But if u want satch,vai, petrucci.. then ibanez.
    There are other brands too such as Jacksons,washburns.
    Go to ur guitar store...try em out...see what u like and buy it.

11. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

12. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Dude..Fenders are way out of range,,the Mexican strats are like 25k..thats out of ur budget..Epiphone Lp special II or LP 100 can be options....Ibanez is supposed to be good for metal...so u can go for that too....
    I suggest u go to Pro Musicals Egmore and try out some stuff..i hear they stock some good Kramers too...

13. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

This is wrong. Please do not make the mistake of rushing to buy guitar. Take your own time and check out every possible lead/reference you get to make absolutely sure you get the best guitar your money can buy. Take it easy. Don't be in a rush. If you spend that extra time searching for the right guitar, you will truly like it and will love playing it.

14. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

@rechts, dude, i spent 5 months researching before i finally bought myself a guitar, and i'm very happy with it, take your time while doing something like this, remember that it's a long term investment.

15. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

yes i guess i have to do research!
    the main problem is i think i listen all the crap out there, so it's like i'm not sure which one to go for so it's hard to chose ...

and i was to one of the shops and they said they won't let us touch the guitars...but then how would i know which would sound how?!!

is there any site where the sound samples are recorded or something ...?

plz tell me how do i go on with this research ?

btw check out mustaine's(of megadeth) signature series here ... i love that guy..he rocks

16. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

If u are looking at an Ibanez I recommend
    1) Ibanez S470(with the ZR tremolo :nw: ) Probably the best tremolo ever.
    2) Ibanez RG470(with edge proII)
    3) Ibanez RG320FM(heard this is one is better than the RG370DX)
    4) Ibanez RG450LTD(with edge proII)

D o not buy the 2005 models coz they come with this really sad EDGEIII bridge and horrendous pickups. Look for the older models.

PS- Can u PM me the prices of the above guitars in chennai

17. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Can you please tell me your experience with the new Infinity pickups on the Ibanez 2005 models. I have an RG370DX (2004 model) with the stock PowerSound pickups. How do the new Infinity pickups compare to the PSNDs?

18. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

just to mention that IF for whatever reason you go towards the Fender then your going to have to make sure that there is a humbucker pickup at the bridge position on the stratocaster. That can give you the option to play metal should you want it, but if you go in with the three stock single coils then forget it.

From what I know smashing pumpkins (thats who you meant right?) use Fenders but with different pickups, so this is always an option.

Personally I would suggest that you get an Ibanez as its a guitar that is much better suited for metal than a Fender without any modifications.

19. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

no.. please dont amke the mistake of getting an ibanez for that music... its really not suited to pumpkins or rammstein... i ahve an ibanez but i dont play pumpkins even thguh i lvoe em - see - the only good ibanez in ur range in the one ive got - the rg370dx - its a really good guitar but trust me u dont want any guitar with a floyd rose locking system for ur music - ull need to use alt. tunings really often... see i have a second guitar (a yam) so i can actually play without worry - but ull ahve a big problem

i think ive got the best bet - i sugegsted this also in some toher thread - get a yam - dam versatile guitar - i lvoed it - awesome tone u cant go wrong with it - construction qualtiy is really good plsu u can get a good one for 20k leaving u with enough to get amp plus a cheap processor....

on the ther ahdn there is the RG270 - now i tihnk that guitar is no longer made ut that has no locknig system but unfortunately is a toal compromise on quality - it sounds like **** and palys like **** - ud rather ahve a yam

20. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

what about jackson guitars? what sounds do they play?