Which is better Alexi-200 or KH-202?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by stallion02, Feb 3, 2010.

1. stallion02

stallion02 New Member

Which is better????????

Alexi-200
    KH-202

Furtados is quoting 31550 for Alexi and 31350 for KH_202.

Are prices fixed in furtados????or we can use some BARGAINS.lol

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

alexi-200 seems out of question to me.. don go for it in my opinion..
    and everyone bargains.. so is furtados.. try other shops in bangalore as well.. rhythm musicals.. soundglitz..etc.. or try to get it from US.. it'll cost u 23k.. way too cheap..

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

i dont know what KH is but, you do you really want to pay alexi money so that you can have his name on your guitar.

4. stallion02

stallion02 New Member

Absolutely not....just i went through the reviews abou this guitar...suggest me some with original floyd rose,24 frets with emg pickups.

5. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

KH is Kirk Hammett signature series..

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

try out cort EVL-X4 also.. its good.. donno bout the floyd rose..
    and EVL K6 has got it all... it has EMG actives.. floyd rose.. 24 frets.. awesome piece for the price..

7. stallion02

stallion02 New Member

Whats the price of EVL K6 in bangalore????bajaao is quoting 31000

8. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

no idea... but it shud be lesser than bajaao i guess.. moreover corts are not readily available in b'lore.. u need to place an order to get one..

9. stallion02

stallion02 New Member

Some corts are available with Reynolds..actually i was looking for Alexi-200...but its a very big guitar and with only pickup which is not even emg...i loved that KH-202...but furtados is quoting 31000...so thinking what to do:/

10. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

spec wise cort k6 is way better than any other guitar within that price range... even KH202 doesn't have very good reviews.. and 202 has passive EMGs.. which are not that good.. actives are kickass..

11. shubham.argie

shubham.argie New Member

I have exactly the same question in mind. Both the guitars are priced similar in Furtados Mumbai.
    Surprisingly on bajaao Kh 202 is priced 37k and the alexi 200 is 43k :O
    Like rickkkyrich said i even saw the cort EVL-x4 at Musician's mall. I liked that guitar as well. The pentagram inlays are really cool. Now im really confused between the 3
    Cort EVL-X4
    ESP LTD Alexi - 200
    ESP LTD KH - 202
    I mostly play thrash metal like metallica and megadeth.
    Experts..please help me decide. Im going to buy one of these in another three days !!

12. shubham.argie

shubham.argie New Member

Help !

Alright, i googled quite a bit and there seems to be not much of a difference in the Alexi & KH guitars. The cort is good but not very popular online. But i personally loved playing it in the store 2 days back. Today i tried out the Alexi and KH guitars and the alexi felt a lil easier to play compared to the KH. I felt the KH bridge was a lil high so i asked him to lower the bridge and will check it out tomorrow.
    Now reviews din't do any good to me. So im seeking personal advice from the owners of these guitars. Let your thoughts flow in. Guys i really need your help for this one.

Here's something for those who aren't really familiar with these guitars but have good experience and can help me out.

LTD KH-202 Kirk Hammett Signature features:
    Basswood body
    Maple Neck with 43mm Neck Width and Extra Thin Flat Neck Contour
    Rosewood fretboard
    24 XJ frets
    Black Nickel hardware
    ESP LH-301 Tuners
    pickups: ESP

LTD Alexi-200 Alexi Laiho Signature features:
    Basswood body
    3-piece maple neck with Thin u neck shape
    Rosewood fretboard
    24 xj frets
    Black nickel hardware
    Esp-ltd tuners
    pickups: Esp
    1 volume electronics

Cort EVL X4
    Mahogany body
    Maple, Modern ''U'' Shape
    Rosewood fretboard
    24 / Jumbo (2.9mm) frets
    Pickups : EMG-HZ H4, EMG-HZ S3, EMG-HZ H4 (H-S-H)
    1vol, 1tone (w/ push pull), 5way lever
    Black Satin hardware

The cort is about 25k and both the LTDs are 31.5k each
    Im a tallica fan but the looks of the alexi and the feel of the cort are bothering me. HELP ME !!!

PS: I wanted to post some pics and urls but being a junior member..i wasn't allowed.

13. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

dude u dint missed the neck pickup in Alexi Laiho???
    They both are overprices as they are signature series guitars..
    spec wise cort outplays both of them..
    moreover the EMGs in cort and ESP 202 are the same only..

14. shubham.argie

shubham.argie New Member

I did see the pickups in the Laiho but i played it today and it sounds good.
    I totally agree about the prices. But as of now, for me, price is not the issue. I'm spending for this guitar and wont spend for another one in the next 5 years so i dont want to regret my decision. Even if it means spending more/less.

When you talk about the cort specs..which specs in particular are you considering ?