Which is Best among these? Cort X-11 vs Cort X-6 VPR vs Ibanez GRG170DX

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by saurabhmgohil, Dec 30, 2011.

1. saurabhmgohil

saurabhmgohil New Member

2. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

you yourself ranked them...x11,x6,170dx...have tried both x6, and 170dx...the typical skin of the x6 vpr's guitar top...is quite annoying rest it sounds good...

3. saurabhmgohil

saurabhmgohil New Member

so which should i buy?
    X6 or GRG170DX

which has better pickups to play metal , rock?
    I have Zoom G2.1Nu Effect Processor and i will use guitar with this processor

4. Sumanovo razor

you have a great processor then why did you buy zar...first change your amplifier...i wont suggest you buying stranger...but roland cube will be a good option if you're running short of money...well dont go with a floating bridge...i know you want to try a floating bridge...and dont worry about 24 or 22 frets...buy a mahogany body guitar ...will be a good option...try esp lp's...

5. saurabhmgohil

saurabhmgohil New Member

i want to try tremolo and i want to play some songs which uses 23-24th fret
    i have givson python which is not fulfilling my requirements
    so please suggest a guitar which stays tuned for longer time and have tremolo and have 24 frets
    i have no complian with my amp i never use my amp for live.

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Such a guitar doesn't exist in the sub 20k range...

7. Sumanovo razor

trust me ...even i wanted to try a tremolo equipped guitar and a guitar with 24 frets...(coz of the same reason you have)...even i used to play songs using 23.24 frets for a couple of weeks...you can easily bend the string of a 22 fretted guitar to reach the 24th fret position..and every time you sit with your guitar you have to tune it...and putting new strings is a damn hectic job...better buy a fixed bridge guitar...you can try santana's vibrato technique by wobbling your fingers over your strings...@rickky is there any way to block the tremolo...it has pissed me of...any luthier in bangalore who will fix the bridge...

8. Sumanovo razor

the song i used to play at that time...was nights in white satin by moody blues...

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

10. Sumanovo razor

saw his edge guitars pics ...they are damn ausumn...i much they cost?...really liked the double neck electric one...btw how much will he charge..?any idea

11. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

No idea man.. ask him...

12. saurabhmgohil

saurabhmgohil New Member

So if i say i will manage with 22 frets but want a good guitar with trmolo will i have one under 20000?
    (the guitar should be stay tuned for longer time)

13. Sumanovo razor

i had no issues with fret numbers but with tremolo's ;)

14. saurabhmgohil

saurabhmgohil New Member

So there is no guitar which is good with tremolo?

15. saurabhmgohil

saurabhmgohil New Member

16. Sumanovo razor

the same kinda tremolo i've in my cort x2 vnfr...it also has locking screws on the upper bridge...and tuners in the lower bridge...still i wanna block it...try yamaha pacifica 012...heard its great...

17. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

Dude get the CORT X-11 looks beautiful in red. Dont get black though. And if the tremolo isnt working for you, just block it off.. Its that simple. Or you could get a Yamaha Pacifica 012. I use it and its pretty awesome. Versatile enough and ive gotta say that with my peavey vypyr, I have some of the best tones ever. And another thing is that I have a tone that is almost like the bullet for my valentine tone through the Mesa Rectifier amp model on the vypyr. I cant speak for the cort but the pacifica is a very good choice. You might wanna change the electronics after a few months.

18. Kshitij.metal

Kshitij.metal New Member