Which Guitar to Buy

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by mayankgangwal, Apr 23, 2012.

1. mayankgangwal

mayankgangwal New Member

Hi,
    As i want to but guitar i got to know about this forum while surfing on net. I want to buy guitar this week. My Budget is 4,000 to 6,000. I know few companies like Gibson, Yamaha, Pluto, Hodson. And while surfing this forum i got Yamaha F210, Yamaha F310 and Plano HW41C. I am a beginner so thanx in advance.

Mayank

2. Rockon_07

Rockon_07 New Member

Mayank,

IN my opinion, All this companies guitar are fine for a beginner. Get somebody along with you at the time shopping for guitar who have some experience in guitar playing because he/she will be able to identify if there is any problem in guitar. There are couple of things which needs to be check like action, fret buzz etc. If there is something wrong with the guitar setup it can be a big problem in future and you might get demotivated. I went recently with my friend to help in his guitar shopping and we bought Yamaha F310. It is a nice guitar but not a cutaway .... I prefer cutaway as it gives more freedom in playing solos .... Go and get a guitar :)

3. mayur_7393

mayur_7393 New Member

Mayank i agree with him.....
    But i would suggest you to buy a second hand guitar as u dnt knw whether guitar is ur cup of tea or not... i mean would u be able to carry on or u will drop it.thats y...
    After you think that u can do it (after a year's exposure),
    you can directly buy a new electric guitar.

COST Saving opinion

4. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Medium size & Budget options:-
    For learning buy a Medium size Granada. Comes for around 3500/- There is another brand named G&C not sure if i am spelling it correctly. That comes for around 3500 as well. These guitars are very good for learning and cheap options too.

Jumbo & slightly costlier:-
    Pluto - Around 4500/-
    Yamaha F210 - Good guitar in terms of playability, tone and wood quality. Around 6.5 - 7K.

2nd hand guitars :-
    Dont buy it without getting it tested from someone who knows guitar well. Else you will end up wasting ur money.

5. mayankgangwal

mayankgangwal New Member

GC Black or Plano

Hey thanks to all. I gone to shops to have a look at the guitars and find that GC guitars come under my budget but still there confused which one to but a love black color but the the persons tells me to buy the 6500 because to some good looking don't know which one to buy and there is one more option of plano. GC or Plano or GC black.

6. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

I am not sure about Plano. but GC is a good brand...I have played on it personally for lot of times..One of my friend owns it...he bought it for 3300/-

Dont go for looks...Looks are always secondary...U better take someone who has some knowledge of choosing a guitar....