which guitar i shd purchase

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by bleedingfingers, Apr 12, 2006.

1. bleedingfingers

bleedingfingers New Member

hi guyz.
    i had the givson acoustic guitar .. now i m planning to buy a new guitar .. can u plz tel me wich one shd i buy .. my budget is around 5000 rs. shd i purchase the hobner /givson or shd i go for the imported guitar .?i haev heard that jumbo one is good ...
    help me..
    :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

2. bsharp

bsharp New Member

Go For a HOBNER JUMBO ROSE ..... Its a good one...
    Now you will get a brand called HOBMART which is actually HOBNER..
    THEY are using the new name....

3. pikrohit

pikrohit New Member

i am also in the same position. i am trying to find info on guitars. ppl please give ur opinion on the following guitars. which one is a better choice?
    gb&a
    signature
    yamaha.
    hobner
    i came across a thread abt gb&a vs yamha but the ppl have different opinions. some say yamaha is better n others say gb&a.

4. SLASH_WALSH

SLASH_WALSH New Member

Among them i've tried Signature and Hobner. In my opinion signature is the best. i own a jumbo one with a wonderful sound. in 5000/- you will get a descent one

5. vini

vini Repeat Offender

dont go for givson again..
    try out gb&a or hobner!

6. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

7. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

get a gb&a....

8. pikrohit

pikrohit New Member

how much wil a yamaha acoustic cost in india?? n do they give some kind of authentication? (im worried abt the guitar being an original yamaha) i have a budget of 7-8k. also....where can i get a better deal...kolkata or mumbai????

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Get a pluto. Beats GB&a, J&D and all others in it's price.

10. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

11. pikrohit

pikrohit New Member

hey..the link that u provided. i chkd it. the guitar seems to b nice n cheap but what abt the tone?

12. dipudosti

dipudosti New Member

Go Get It

GB&a
    I think you are clear now.....

13. Chi

Chi B.D. Fisher

yamaha is the best. 7-8k will get u an entry level yamaha. but still better than the others..

14. sachoo

sachoo drenched in my pain again

i think there's loads for GB&a. shud try it..

anyways, offtopic but i hv a question bout the strings. I have acoustic dreadnaught box >> korean made, so the strings (dunno which one) r dead. now i m looking for new strings, fender or ibanez n hv no idea bout the width or thickness of string to be used for mine. Can anyone suggest and which strings can be best to use.

Thanks a ton in advance.

15. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

go for the givson if u want "bleedinfingers".......

aahh.seriously...nothin wrong in gettin a givson ...i think most of us in this Forum started with tht only if im right !!!

but for downrite tone ..the yamahas sound really great ...dont know abt the pluto ron is talkin abt ...but u shud try it out..specs wise..it seems the best for the price

16. trash789

trash789 New Member

First of all what do u want to buy an Acoustic or an Electric?

If u want an acoustic go for evergreen SIGNATURE guitar. It has good acoustics and a superb fret board.Costs around 2.5k to 3 k.

If u r going for an electric guitar, U better increase ur budget. Coz buying a local made electric guitar is not worth the price. If u can afford a GB&A which is pretty good( around 8.5k ). I own a J&D which is worth the price ( around 10.5k ).

17. pikrohit

pikrohit New Member

we r talkin abt ACOUSTICS.
    n no one said nething abt buying a givson. the guy said that he owns a givson n now he is planning to buy another guitar. which one is better out of gb&a n signature?
    i have one thing more that i wanted to ask. none of u replied...if i buy a yamaha, wil a get some proof that its original???

18. trash789

trash789 New Member

Hey pikrohit,

Thanks for clearing me.

As far as it comes to acoustic guitars, SIGNATURE is the best buy.
    However the acoustics of GB&A are good, but the fretboard sucks!.

My opinion is go for a SIGNATURE.

It rulz........

19. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

I love the GB&A tone...Im not particularly impressed with their other features esp the fretboard and neck.

never played a Signature before though.

20. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I used to own a Signature guitar....it had a nice sound but the neck was of typically ordinary finishing...since you want an upgrade and are willing to invest, I'd say try the Pluto...I played one briefly and was impressed for what it offers at around 3.3K(this is the basic model without EQ, tuner etc)...and then there is GB&A...go to the shop and try a few pieces..buy what suits you