Which electric guitar should i buy?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by princu, Sep 15, 2010.

1. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I donno dude bout delhi ..ask guitardoctor or maybe ultrabot90.
    There are a lot of shops in and around Lajpat Nagar ...thats all i know.

2. princu

princu New Member

Thanks rick!

3. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

how long have you been playing the guitar?

4. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

You wont get cort at furtados...they have esps,greg bennetts & prs
    Why dont u call them ..visit their website to get the nos.

5. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

read the HC reviews and you'll go only for AV6 :)

6. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

^"RG and S series isn't for metal" Wtf? o_O
    AV6/7 is a good bet though.

Anyway, @thread, I'm beginning to see a pattern in all of these threads.
    Which guitar should I buy? ->
    Which amp should I buy? ->
    Should I go the pedal route or the processor route? ->
    Which shops should I go to?
    =|

Shops in Delhi...
    Bhargavas (they have the best range of stuff (though even they don't stock 8 strings guitars, hmpf.), they'll generally have a lot of stuff no one else does)
    Lots of small shops around Bhargavas in Daryaganj. (You're unlikely to find anything useful, but can try if you're up for the punishment.)

OnStage Lajpat Nagar (Fenders, Fender Squiers, Corts, Ibbys, Schecter)
    Furtados Lajpat Nagar (Laney Cub 8, 10 and Laney GH50L with a 4x12 (;)) in stock here.)
    Yamaha store, Bina Musicals, shop called Rangarsons or something, and the widely-agreed-to-be-a-shitstorm Bharat Musicals, in Lajpat Nagar (they're all close to OnStage Lajpat Nagar, same street, never went to them.)

OnStage Noida Sector 18 (Schecter, Ibbys, lolBC Rich, and others. May have Jackson, I never checked.)
    Furtados Ambience Mall Gurgaon (practically the same stuff as Furtados LN, idk, only went there once.)

Actually, I never looked for a Jackson, ever, so well...I've no idea. They must be all over the place though, the world is in no dearth of metalheads xD

PS - For an amp, go for the BE3 Brat+. For 15k,
    better build quality (hand built ftw),
    better components (=better sound),
    all tube (=better sound)
    and better speaker (Celestion Vintage 30 12" = better than Laney's 10", (and even if they gave a 12" speaker it wouldn't be any better than a Celestion V30))
    than any other mass produced thing you can get at this price.
    https://be3amplifiers.com/BE3_Brat_plus.html

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Oops my bad.. but i dint said RG isn't good, i said S series is not good. I mistook it to be similar to SA series.

8. flood

flood New Member

i disagree with the brat+ suggestion - it's a great amp, but i would not advise any tube amp with less than 15-20W for metal. that figure is a bare minimum. solution 18 would probably be better. i still have to hear a 5W amp that doesn't mush out/mud up at higher volume levels, including the ones i've built. it's inherent to their nature.

9. ultrabot90

@rickkky - You're confusing me. Don't you mean SA series is not good? o_O Either way, why?

@flood - Hmm...but the only tube amps at this range are the Brat+, Laney Cubs, and Vox AC4. And gut instinct dictates no one will save up for a Solution 18 (all metalheads have an consistent intelligence, patience, and financial deficit).
    In that case...back to the Roland Cubes, mateys! =\

10. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Read it as not so good for Metal...but decent enuf for price range it falls into.. i wudn't suggest SA for a budget of 30k..

11. flood

flood New Member

the vox AD30 does a better job than the rolands, IMO.

whatever the amp - for metal, you're better off keeping the wattage on the high side. you want the bass response at low volumes.

12. princu

princu New Member

Apart from the amps a good guitar may be more than 30k but not more than 40k.....I will compromise for the processor...Suggest me a good amp under 10k....the bret b3 is good but a bit costly.
    @rick-i am playing for 3 years

13. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Check out this combo:

AV6 (20k) + Tube Amp (BE3 or Laney or VOX - 15-20k) + Pedal (Flood suggested Dirty Bomb to me -7-8k).

This will do justice to your 50 grand. Maybe save you a bit as well.
    Upgrade the pickups later.

Corrections in suggested rig are welcome..

14. princu

princu New Member

BEtter i personally check all the guitars.Internet buying is risky.Is ibanez available at furtados?And how is SA-220FM

15. flood

flood New Member

also keep an eye out for a used (currently discontinued) RG321MH. I have it and it's pretty good for heavier stuff, even with the stock pickups.

16. flood

flood New Member

i've said this a million times already, and i'm growing tired of it...

you would rather compromise on stuff other than the amp. the amp is the most important part of your setup.

17. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

yupp +100000

18. ultrabot90

Very true indeed. (Even if the BE3 is hardly the Nano of amps...get something better for that price, I dare ye to.)

@flood - A hybrid? You jest, sir. :p

19. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

@princu: Ibanez maybe available at ur nearest departmental store as well... :)
    and as i mentioned SA220 FM is good for the price is comes for.. in fact very good.. but if you have a budget of 30 grand its not the guitar for you..

20. flood

flood New Member

not jesting this time. welcome change?

if you've been playing 3 years, time for a better amp.