Which electric guitar should i buy?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by princu, Sep 15, 2010.

1. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

2. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

^He wants a whammy bar =| And a budget of 30k...instead of the regular 25k or the hilarious 10k...You could suggest something slightly better than usual xD

And I must add, the EMGs and in fact all stock pickups in this price range are said to be craptastic. The EMGs on the RG321EX and on all other low end guitars sporting brand name/brand name designed pickups are bad examples and are generally just using the brand name so that people can say things like
    "Rg321ex, fixed bridge, emg pups (=assumed awesome, because it's EMG and it'll sound br00talz, just like there's no difference between a Fender American Strat and a Fender Squier Strat?)...look no further"
    ;)

3. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

^hmm,no assumption..i personally found it to be very gud,thats why i suggested..
    And regarding Locking tremolos...dont like 'em so wouldnt recommend.
    Fixed bridge ftw.:)

4. flood

flood New Member

not necessarily

AND DUDE I THINK YOU SHOULD DROP YOUR BUDGET TO 28K AND SPEND 2K ON A KEYBOARD WITH A CORRECTLY WORKING CAPS LOCK.

@ultrabot: !!!! - see https://www.rondomusic.com/product3336.html

5. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

schecter damien/omen series...check bajaao for details.

6. insatanity

insatanity New Member

The RGR-321EX has "EMG Designed" pickups, not the actual EMG Active 81/85/89/60. These will be something like the "Duncan designed" version of the Seymour Duncans.

For the actives, the Cort model mentioned earlier is the cheapest option, not sure how the tremolo on that one is gonna behave.

7. ultrabot90

8. princu

princu New Member

I have decided to buy the jackson dmxg dinky.Does it have any defects or any reviews about it?

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Haven't heard very good reviews bout the EMG HZs.. in case you dont know they are passive pickups.. EMG is good for actives, their passives are no good..
    btw which level guitarist you are? are you a beginner, intermediate or a pro guitarist?

10. ultrabot90

^How does it matter, it all goes through a Marshall MG/Stranger/Beta Alvin eventually ;)

(The HZs are said to suck big time. And the only EMGs worth buying, I've heard, are 707s and 808s, which are said to be WAY different from anything else they've made. But hey, if they're passives, there's always BKP and WCR
    https://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/
    https://www.wcrguitar.com/index.html
    :D)

11. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

^ +1
    rather than spending 30k on guitar alone spend equally on both guitar and amp.
    i think 12k for Laney Cub and the rest 18-20k on an average guitar will be a better combo.

12. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

I really hope you have a good amp to complement the dinky...

13. princu

princu New Member

i found combo quite good rick.....but which guitar should i buy??
    If your saying under 20k,suggest me a good guitar under 20k?

14. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

If you're so fascinated with the EMGs then you can have a look at Corts coz they're the only low budget guitars which comes with EMGs and otherwise also these guitars are pretty decent.
    Some suggestions wud be:
    Cort EVL Z4
    Cort EVL X4
    Cort EVL K4

Other suggestion wud be
    Greg Bennett AV3 or AV6 depending on ur budget.
    They'll be around 20k.

Also i'd suggest you to go for a fixed bridge.

15. princu

princu New Member

I haven't heard much about cort guitar.Are they good?And now give me a final suggestion of buying a guitar under 30k with good pickups.Not only EMGs but also other good ones?

16. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Tell me your budget for the entire rig and i might help you..
    suggesting guitar alone doesn't sounds good to me.

17. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

have a look at this as well

18. princu

princu New Member

So, my total budget is 50k aND in it i want a guitar for metal,a processor and an Amp.??
    So,what is your suggestion?

19. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

ok cool
    well thats a gr8 budget i must say and you shud spend it wisely.
    Before finalizing the guitar i suggest you to go and visit a nearby store. I assume the store has most of the guitars suggested here already.
    Try out the following:
    Jackson Dinky ,RR series (expensive but still try out)
    Ibanez RG series, S series is not for metal.
    I don think there're good ESPs in this range but try out the KH-202 if its there.

use the amp u're planning to buy i.e. Laney Cub for now.
    then come back here and tell us ur observations.

I'm not very good at pedals and stuff for that seek help from Flood.
    Discussing here and taking our words for spending your hard earned money is not a good idea. You've good enuf ideas already. Now is the time to explore them.

20. princu

princu New Member

I'am out of luck..IN this filthy land we don't even have a single store of musical instruments!!!!But I'will be going to delhi and visiting furtados after a few days.So,do you know any other store in delhi.If the things you told are available in furtados,i'll try my luck there.