Which Death Metal Albums Are You Listening to Now?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Mr. Scary, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

ALBUM/ARTIST​

Rate too, cause im interested in checking out some albums too

Dechristianize-Vital Remains (5/5)
    Blasphemy made Flesh- Cryptopsy (4.8/5)
    Epitaph- Necrophagist (4/5)
    Onset of Putrefication- Necrophagist (4/5)
    None so Vile- Cryptopsy (6/5)
    King of Kings- Hate Eternal (3.75/5)
    Heartwork- Carcass (5/5)
    Conquering the Throne- Hate Eternal (4/5)
    Legion-Deicide (3/5)

thats what im currently listening to...what are you guys listening to now?

2. tejas

tejas ..........

Still life - Opeth (4.5/5)
    Damnation - Opeth (5/5)
    Blackwater Park - Opeth (5/5)
    None So Vile - Cryptopsy (5/5)
    Forumals Fatal To The Flesh - Morbid Angel (4.5/5)
    The Sound of Perseverance - Death (5/5)
    Pleasure to kill - Kreator (4.5/5)

3. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness (4/5)
    Death - Symbolic (5/5)
    Nile - Black Seeds Of Vengeance (5/5)
    Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick (5/5)
    Death - The Sound Of Perseverance (5/5)
    Nile - Amongst The Catacombs Of Nephren-Ka (5/5)
    Nile - In The Beginning (4/5)
    Cynic - Focus (4/5)
    Opeth - Blackwater Park (5/5)

As you can see I'm not a fan of simplistic death metal (I like technicality in my music). The ones below are not really death metal (more like extreme black metal) but I like them anyway.

Emperor - Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk (5/5)
    Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse (4/5)
    Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (4/5)
    Zyklon - Aeon (5/5)
    Zyklon - World OV Worms (5/5)

And this is in the wrong forum.

4. Mr. Scary

nice choices.
    about it being in the wrong forum, it still counts as review right i mean, you rate the albums, and people check out the ones they didnt hear about.

5. Mr. Scary

i really didnt like that album, if it were a toss up..id label Covenant and Domination as their best work...with Blessed are the Sick real close behind. But eh, everyone's got their own opinion.

BTW, check out Vital Remains if you haven't already...Glen from Deicide is on vocals and anything by Vital Remains makes Deicide look like crap. Plus i find Vital Remains more technical compared to deicide...dave suzuki seriously rips some nice licks on the Dechristianize album

6. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

This is not a review, this is a rated list. But then again what the hell do I know? I'm just a silly human.

Crap, I forgot 'Death - Human'

7. Mr. Scary

probably right, its better off in the other forum.

8. tejas

tejas ..........

Yes, this thread is better off in the Music talk forum. It will be moved.

And Mr.Scary, i think Formuals fatal to flesh is good, not as good as say Altars of madness, but i still like it. Raw energy.

d_ist_urb_ed likes this.
  9. Mr. Scary

^congratulations, you're a mod...or were you always?!

10. tejas

tejas ..........

I wasnt, I am now. Thanks and Lets get back to the topic.

Have you Heard of Human remains??? I, by mistake downloaded their songs, they suck. Horrible.

11. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Opeth- Damnation
    Opeth- Blackwater park
    Nothing more:)

12. Mr. Scary

humain remains totally blows, hope you didnt mis them with VITAL remains...VR on the other hand KICK ASS!

13. tejas

tejas ..........

Nooo...Theres no way i can mix them up. Human remains....my god.......terrible. Vital remians are good, but i havent heard much of them. Any recomendations?

14. Mr. Scary

get their album - Dechristianize. Its very well done, and Dave Suzuki does some very nice guitar work. If you know Glen from Deicide, usually you could sum up that almost anything he does with his band is harsh and brutal. However with Vital Remains, the harsh and brutality is there but also with the addition of some solos(theyre kinda short but nice) and catchy melodies.

If you have dsl, you can get their whole album from various Torrent servers. Id be glad to seed it while you're downloading if you like.

15. tejas

tejas ..........

I dont have dsl. And we are not allowed to discuss that stuff here. Against the rules. So lets leave it there. I'll PM you. Better there.

16. Mr. Scary

ah, sorry, cause i usually download albums before buying them..doesnt make sense i know but i find that just plainly downloading is being unfair to the bands that work their asses of just to end up getting their songs distributed for free. Thank god, Amazon makes it easier to get albums.

Wanted to also add Seven Churches by Possessed...a death metal classic by one of the first death metal pioneers. Try checking out that album. Might be kinda hard to find any samples on the net, but they have it on Amazon.

17. tejas

tejas ..........

Okay..I'll check that out aswell. Do you listen to Hate Eternal?? I think they've got some real good stuff. Very heavy.

18. Mr. Scary

Erik Rutan is one of my favorite guitarists, yeah and i love the Conquering the Throne album. But when it comes down to preference, i just prefer Morbid Angel over Hate Eternal...i mean its Trey Azagthoth!! But i still love Rutan's work on the Domination and Entangled in Chaos albums...i find the trey and erik guitar line up better than the trey and brunell line up like in Blessed is the Sick.

19. Mr. Scary

Morbid Angel fans check out Entangled in Chaos..its a live album featuring Erik Rutan (now in Hate Eternal). It features songs from Altars, Blessed, Covenant and even ONE song from Domination (hahah). Ill be sure to post a review up soon.

20. tejas

tejas ..........

^^Yeah, its a cool album. Right now I'm also listening to Hate Eternal's King Of All Kings. This one is very good.