Which book are u reading??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by MARS, Aug 21, 2004.

1. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

I should check out godfather..

2. anuj

anuj New Member

definetly jay check out the godfather there is nothing like it,i guess that's the best book i ever read,i have read it several times,never in ur life will u forget the characters of don corleone and michael corleone,amazing book.

p.s-mario puzo( :nw: ) was arrested by the police after this book as it was thought he had links with the mafia,no one could believe it was possible to write such a book without knowinbg the mafia

3. jayanth

I am currently reading The Pink Floyd Biography.. I'm going to end it soon. This has changed my life.. I seem to insult people more often that ever. And Crack lots of jokes.. Guys read this its great and for that price its worth it..

4. MARS

MARS Mars Ji...Finally!!!!!

Hey Anuj..

Is that true??

5. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

I agree... there are very few books which an match the godfather in its style. Even the movie is not as good as reading the book.

6. jayanth

The Movie was good the Slash Terme was good. now i got the BOOK>.

7. anilwanted

anilwanted New Member

I am now reading "Lateral Thinking " by Edward de Bono .....

8. jayanth

YOu mean Parallel Thinking?? I read Serious Creativity.. Today onwards its gonna be "How To Catch A Lightning In A Bottle"

9. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

hey jayanth .... if you're gonna go into mario puzo and the godfather .... i'd recommend getting the last don as well ..... you'll like that one a lot too if you like the godfather ..... its more like a loose continuation .. though the characters are all different .....
    N omerta is awesome too ...

BTW how many ppl here think that once you read a novel , watching the movie based on it becomes a drag ? no movie ever matches up to the original novel .... with the exception of the LOTR sris n juraasic park i guess ? what do you all think ?

10. Natasia

Natasia ...

me totallyyyy agrees gn'rlies....there's just no way a movie can ever match upto a book... reading a book opens up all the doors to ur vivid imagination sumthing a movie can never do.....as far as jurrasic park is concerned.. me's got totalyyy fed up of tht movie... was thrilled abt it when it just got released aaaageessss bak... but now its just DUMB.....
    @jay....listen to gn'rlies.... u shd get hold of omerta.... its a nice boook 2... though me still says tht godfather was the best......

11. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

i totally agree...the books develop the characters so richly..there are so many side plots that add to the story..these have to be chopped in the movies....
    sometimes i feel that some parts r uneccesarily abridged in the movies.....

12. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

nats - me , i vote for movies , i really dun have patience to read ..... and moreover you cant fast forward the non interesting parts ......

13. MARS

MARS Mars Ji...Finally!!!!!

Hey...
    if anyone like the way Chetan Bhagat writes (Author of Five Point Someone )
    He/She can go to this link..Chetan Bhagat's Blogs...

https://fpstwins.rediffblogs.com/

Enjoy..

14. jayanth

I feel reading is better.. It makes you mature..

Jurassic Park.. Book is better than the MOVIE..

15. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

think people have their own taste , style and workings .....

16. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

ppl ... what i said was ....that jurassic park , LOTR series and a few others are some of the very few movies that came atleast close to capturing the essence of the novels ... the rest don't even come close ..... no movie can really make itself better than the novel its based on ... cuz our imaginations are richer (in most cases lol ) than any movie can ever be ...
    just wanted to appreciate those few as decent efforts ....
    BTW any new author worth reading ? .... i keep going back to the same guys and there's nothing left to read neemore .... i recently read king of torts by grisham ..... pretty cool ..... do give it a try if you're interested in character based stories ...

Neeone rea "to kill a mocking bird" ? its on the fav list of a lot of ppl i know .. never got a chance to read it ... so i was hoping for view by people here ...

17. jayanth

Try De Bono - Serious Creativity..

18. Natasia

Natasia ...

me read king of torts loongggggggggg bak... nope me has never read to kill a mocking bird

19. jayanth

So who wrote these two books.. ?? I wanna know..

20. highwayman

highwayman Eternal Bachelor ! ! !

Have heard of this book a lot yaar ...'to kill a mocking bird'
    Whos written it??

Cheers..