Which book are u reading??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by MARS, Aug 21, 2004.

1. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Any Jeeves Fans here??

One Riddle Question :-
    Who is Bigger Mr. Bigger or Mrs. Bigger??

2. tejas

tejas ..........

@ Jayanth

I haven't read it completely, but so far it is awsome. This guy really knows how to keep us in suspence. I think everyone should read this book. Really good.

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

@jay......i love jeeves ..but cant help feeling a bit sorry for bertie...monty bodkin and blandings castle junta are gr8 too...hoping to get my hands on more wodehouses....
    i have all the ebooks... but somehow i dont feel like reading on a comp..nothing like the real thing..
    @tejas...no wonder its a best seller...it shatters all the established beliefs about christ....
    @mars..FPS is decent.. though i would say that u wont remain a 5 ptr in IIT after putting in 3 hours daily...but a lot of stuff in the book is true ..

i am currently not reading anything(except my textbooks for campus recruitment tests..)...playing FarCry though....gorgeous graphics...but damn tuff game

4. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

haha... I have read the whole PG Wodehouse collection. I used to be a huge fan of his works. But i prefer Blandings as well. Uncle Galahad is one of the most complex characters ever created.

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

guess i will have to start on the ebooks......

6. esgallindeion

Hmm.. I would recommend you to buy and read the book. I have read a few ebooks and its not the same thing.

7. Natasia

Natasia ...

me totalyyy agrees with essi too..... i tried reading an e-book once but couldn't go beyond ch2....its just not the same... and more so me lovesss the smell of old books... its just vveryy comforting....
    @jay... me's planning on starting to read pg woodhouse.... i do have a couple of them at home .... never read them though...
    @tejas.... since u 've said the hp series is gud,, me will give a go....
    @bob.... me's a big foodie tooo... though me's shudh shakahari...
    @nebu,,,,, text books huh..(engineering i guess...) me hasn't touched my text's in ages.... but me's forced to sit n study my brm's(basic reference material )for CAT... :sighhhhh:

8. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

oh man, its getting harder to get time for IGT..
    neways books?
    currently reading - Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan
    just finished - Origin Of Species by Charles Darwin
    The Emperor's New Mind by Roger Penrose
    Life Of The Cosmos by Lee Smolin
    Harry Potter 5

9. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

they mayb a little boring for sum ppl ;)

10. esgallindeion

I had started on pale blue dot but misplaced my book and couldn't get myself to read it after I finally found it again.

11. anuj

anuj New Member

i just finished the fountainhead by any rand,how many of u like howard roark

12. jayanth

Hmm.. Ebooks SUCK.. And anyways Nats you read PGW and Franz Kafka..

13. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i am reading fc_barca11 posts on religions matter ....

14. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

hey anuj ..... howard rocks .... but thats one book i'm completely scared of .... it has a power of its own dude ..... makes you think bout everything you consider right and makes you look in deep dark places in your heart .... n the answers are not too flattering .... fountainhead should come with a label of warning ..... "will mess with your head "

I read the da vince code last month ..... dan brown is my new MUST-READ guy .... otherwise i read everything by crichton and i'm a big allistair mclean thrillers fan ... archer is another good storyteller .... lets see what he writes in from prison ....
    Another fav of mine's doctors by eric segal and the hunt for red october by clancy

right now i'm into the auto of clinton and ANgels and demons by dan brown ... its pretty good too ...

ONe final question ..... who all actually got up and checked da vinci's last supper to see if the person to jesus's rigth was indeed a woman ?

i sure did .... lol ....

15. Natasia

Natasia ...

yep me heard that abt fountain head too anuj.. so how messed up did u'r head get??? :p :p :p.......
    @jay... aiye aiye sir.... yes sir... will do the needful sir....
    @ bob... hehhehee.... yup me read tht too... seemed quite interesting..:think:... hehehhe
    @Gnr'lies.... hey dude me loovvvvvvvveeessss DOCTORS 2 .... i've read it over 8-10 times..... n me things thts one of the best book ever......n me likes mario puzo's godfather.......

16. jayanth

Bob. YOu had t opull out a sad JOKE.. anyways .. any R.K.Narayan Fans here??

17. anuj

anuj New Member

fountainhead

yes guys fountainhead is one book which has the power to change u as a person,it's actually great,must read for any one who considers him self a self sufficient indivual ,i m not into philosphy but this book makes u think a lot,a must read i suggest,although some times results can quiet disconcerting.
    n hey what type of book is the da vince code seems to be very popualr.
    :rockon:
    anuj

18. jayanth

Yhea man The D a Vince Code is being read all over my friends circle.. Blah.. I like the book.. Its too famous..

19. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

hey natasia .. me too ... barney livingstone n laura castellano are characters imprinted in my mind by now .. have read it so many times ..... we'll discuss the novel some day .. n hey i love everything by puzo .... godfather , omerta , the last don etc ...

Hey anuj ... i agree bout the fountainhead .... even atlas shrugged by ayn rand was like that ...... like i said ... the book seems to have a power of its own .... the beware title is a must according to me ... lol .... n hey da vice code is a brilliant novel bout the art world n history of christianity . the quest for the holy grail .. all very nicely woven together ... with a dash of crytography included ..... a must read

20. Natasia

Natasia ...

@gn'rlier sure we can... me totaalllyyyyyy adores barney n laura's character's 2..... n me is a sucker for happy endings in story.. not to say tht i don't read stuff whc contains sad ending whc i do 2....n yup me loves omerta too... i owned it till some time bak wen one of my friends borrowed it n never returned it bak....:mad: me hates ppl who do tht....

@jay.... me lovessssss malgudi days........ have u seen its series on sony,,,, must say tht its one of the few times tht i felt that the real story had been captured to the core straight from the book ..... n rk narayan's book do have loaadsss of reality in them try talking to u'r parents n grandparents n they'll tell ya.. how true some of his stories were........

@anuj... see.. me has to finish reading george orwell's(animal farm..)a pity tht i haven't finished reading it yet coz its only 100 pgs long...(well can't blame me me's busy studying for CAT....:p)then i have to find the kafka ,read it... n then read pgw,,,,, so me is pretty packed for now... but once me's over reading all this i'll definitely read the fountain head..... honestly speaking i've heard soooooooooo much abt this book from all my frnds that i realllyyy wanna find out wat the hell it is all about.....n now tht u ppl have been talking abt da vince code with sooo much enthu tht i knw wen i finish reading fountain head me will b looking for tht book....:p :p :p ...
    guess that leaves me with loaddsssaaa reading to do huh :think: :think: ,,,,,,

@all the others ..... plssss do keep updating us on u'r latest reads .....