Which book are u reading??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by MARS, Aug 21, 2004.

1. MARS

MARS Mars Ji...Finally!!!!!

Hey...

I wud like to know the taste of the guys here..what sort of books they read...
    plus the interesting ones they have finished..as well as the ones they are going thru..

For me..
    i have just finished "Five Point Someone" By chetan Bhagat...an IIT-D,IIM-A alumini...Its a story about three guys at IIT-D..Beautifully presented by Chetan...

Currently am reading.."Snapshots from the Hell"..A humour where author describes his first year of MBA at Stanford...

Lookinf fwd to u replies...

2. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

i have also just finished "five point someone" and Lord of The Rings - JRR Tolkien . ..

3. MARS

and u r comments about "FPS"??

4. abhay_saxena

Its a great book , i being in a similar institute can almost relate to the kind of problems that people face in IITs . .. its a rocking book . .. it was quite fast paced. ..i liked it

5. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i am on indian cook book - sanjeev kapoor.

love eating & cooking ....

6. Natasia

Natasia ...

me's reading george orwell's animal farm its supposed to b a mockery on communalism... n then me will find kafka's book lying at home n read that ....:) :) :)

7. tejas

tejas ..........

Im reading "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown.

8. MARS

@Bob...
    That book is by Sanjeev Kumar or by Sanjeev Kapoor??

9. bob-bobby

thanks mars , ammended ....

me not a book worm and moreover me , dun have patience , i like to read the last page first , hehe

10. abhay_saxena

its sanjeev kapoor i suppose the famous cook .. .. bob do tell me some recipes. . .especially chicken i love chicken. ..

11. bob-bobby

talking about food , start a new thread dude , promise will post 101 recipies and all in diff post ( will also help to increase my posts ) hehe

if you love chicken so much , y eat em ..... do u eat everything you love ... he he

as the lord says , lets stay with the topic ....

12. abhay_saxena

i loved cooked chicken. . .tandoori chicken rocks. .. and ahhh. .. murgh makhani. .. !!!!
    if you can cook that bob i'm coming to africa

13. bob-bobby

now ur going off track abhay ( assume u cud nt control ur watery mouth i guess )

control control yaar .....

btw , do u really want to come to africa , african loves to eat indians that too uncooked ....

14. abhay_saxena

well i don't suppose i can start a cookery thread here. .. it being a guitar forum .. .so sorry lord for this last post. . .and Hay Lord. . if i can start the cookery thread then please allow me so. ..

15. bob-bobby

@ nats , whats coming up after kafka ....

16. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

I'm reading Pink Floyd Biography.. Its 1200 pages..

17. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

@ tejas... i think that book is perhaps the most being read currently... i'll begin it soon, after i finish stephen king's dark tower 6.

18. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

How many of you guys like Da Vince Code???

19. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

Lolita - Vladmir Nabakov

saw the movie and loved it
    reading the book and loving it!

20. FC Barca11

FC Barca11 New Member

I though it was kind of stupid. A little far-fetched and an over-exhaustive imagination ;) But as of right now, I'm re-reading an old classic : The Sorrows of Young Werther by Goethe.