Which band has never put out a bad album?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by death_metal_fan, Jan 6, 2005.

1. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Title basically says it all. I think Death, Children of Bodom and Nile have put out all great albums thus far. However Death have been doing it for consistently longer since they have put out 7 albums while CoB and Nile have put out 4 each.

2. tejas

tejas ..........

Tool. They just keep getting better, album after album. And then Opeth. I dont own all their albums, but i have loads of their songs, and none of them is anywhere near bad.

3. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

if you talk about all international band then i wud go for Junoon.. they had all hit albums.. except dewaar which is also hit now

4. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

^^^ hit doesnt mean good ..
    the artistes i can think off are
    led zep
    beatles
    billy joel
    police
    u2 had one horrible album - pop other wise allther albums rock too
    aerosmith till get a grip.

5. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

how can we forget
    DIRE STRAITS
    STING
    PINK FLOYD

Well Uh... about DEATH METAL i dunno how it sounds so please excuse me...

6. drunken_wisdom

drunken_wisdom WiSeCrAcKeR

i agree with dmf..i dont think children of bodom has never put out any sidey album..and i think iced earth have been amazin too..and according to me black sabbath has alwayz had amazin vocalists..i love dio and according to me ozzy rulz

7. drunken_wisdom

drunken_wisdom WiSeCrAcKeR

hey death metal fan..i have been lookin for heathen on the internet for a long time now..and i CANNOT find a SINGLE song of theirs..i was shocked to know someone had even heard of the band...if u can find "the heathen song" by heathen..please let me know..i'll be greatful. :please: and if u can find "o fortuna" by therion.. :nw: ...

8. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Yeah.... death ruled... come to think of it, Iron Maiden (the Bruce era), KISS

9. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

iron maiden ? and death metal???
    hello??

10. death_metal_fan

Iron Maiden do not count because the Blaze-era albums were not really good, although they weren't really bad either, I would still rate them as borderline crap.

@KISS: OMG, You're trying to tell me KISS have never put out a bad album? I can't honestly remember the last time they put out a good album. Besides their first 2 or 3 albums (74 or 75 I believe they've put out so many goddamn records, it's hard to remember names), everything KISS has done has been worthless. But they never seem to tire of it, do they? They always seem to find new euphemisms for ****ing and turn it into music.

@Bandbaaja: He was referring to Death the band, not death the genre.

11. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

these are some ppl who i think have never put out a bad album -
    1. metallica- haha jsut kidding - now ill get to the serious list:

1. pink floyd
    2. system of a down
    3. Pearl jam
    4. The smashing pumpkins
    i am inclined to add dream theater to this list but i still havent heard all albums so will not

12. death_metal_fan

Pearl Jam I think have put out a lot of sub-standard albums. The only album I really liked by them was 'Ten'. I could never get into any of their stuff besides that. System of a Down's 'Steal This Album' was a disappointment.

On the Metallica note, a lot of people bash them for selling-out. Please note that, the bashing is strictly from a metal standpoint. If you discount St. Anger, The Black-album through till Reload era is still fairly good for alternative or mainstream metal (not saying I like them) and is definitely better than their peers like Korn or Staind. Load is considered to be the album that created mainstream metal or maybe that (dis)honor would go to the Black album.

13. deathdr_87

i disagree. i loved steal this album - and well i love pearl jam as well - its not like im bashing metrallica - but no one can deny that they did put out a lot of crap along with their good stuff...

14. tejas

tejas ..........

Well, i still think load and reload suck. Anyway, how bout Nevermore? I dun think they have ever put out a bad album aswell.

15. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

The beatles
    cuz they got loadz of songs which topped the UK charts

16. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

I think GN'R; never been dissapointed with even one of their albums.
    Dont knoe about Chinese Democracy tho its coming soon.
    Every person has to say MEtallica put out at least one bad album and
    my least favorite is Garage. Inc, i hated all the songs they got boring and
    sucked. St. Anger sucks too.
    And KISS never put out a good album. <<This is just my opinion and im saying that
    cuz i know someones gonna say "its your opinion".

17. deathdr_87

i dont like gnr that much - some of their albums were good but i didnt like all - my least favourite is the spaghetti incident - i thought it was terrible - and hey i loved garage in. - awesome - songs - free speech, whiskey in the jar, sabbra cadabra, turn the page, am i evil

dont know much abt nevermore

im sure smashing pumpkins ahve to be added to that list - they are awesome - for sure have newver put out a bad album along with pink floyd - another awesome band!!! - dount ne one could name a bda album of theirs

18. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

Spaghetti Incident is a cover album in which each member in GN'R picked a song or 2 and they did a cover of it. Its also a GREAT album because its the first time you get to hear Slash sing.

garage Inc sucks.

19. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

buhjahhaa
    what about that spegetti incident.. GNR became **** as soon as izzy quit..

20. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Floyd, LZep,Bodom....cant think of anybody else. Damn of all the bands ive heard i could only come up with three.
    PS: Floyd in their Waters,Gilmour era, dont have too much of a liking for Barretts nursury rhymes