which axe ibanez or washburn

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by petermasc, Aug 4, 2006.

1. petermasc

petermasc New Member

hey eveverybody
    i need some advice on buying a second guitar ,i own a kramer striker.
    i cant decide between the foll
    1)ibanez rg 370
    2)washburn rs 980

i have visited bajaao.com prices seem to be ok.i mostly play stuff like megadeth,c.o.b.,malmsteen,jason becker,vinnie moore etc and sometimes some blues stuff like clapton etc. i really like malmsteens neck pickup tone.according to baajao the washburn is selling at a much lower rate than its list price,could not dig up much about it on the net though.
    also could you folks give me some info regarding the necks of jackson,ibanez& washburn guitars.

thanks a million

2. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Washburn RS980 is better than the Ibanez.

Ibanez necks are extremely thin. Many ppl love them. I dont like them.
    Jackson necks have a pretty flat radius and are nice. Cant say much abt this as I've only played one and it was a long time ago.
    Wasburn necks are different. Generally they are a lil more chunky than Ibanez necks.

If u are really set on Ibanez, get the RG350 instead. It is a much better guitar with a better bridge IMO.

3. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

ibanez necks tend to be very thin..and that can be deter some guitarists...personally i like the jackson necks better than ibanez or even washburn..very smooth...

4. petermasc

petermasc New Member

dudes thanks for the advice
    i live in goa few people i know own a ibanez but never had a chance to play on any ibanez models but the gio models most folks here have javas,givsons,yamahas.
    i have not seen any body with a jackson over here,so it is a bit difficult to judge the playability how are the dinky models??are the washburn pickups hot enough for metal ..never player on a washburn either

5. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Ibanez RG370 DX wins this battle hands down!!! i dont really think anyone on this site has actually played the washburn rs980. I own the 370DX and i have also played the washburn rs980, there is no comparison. Let me leave it at that.

https://www.bajaao.com/washburn-rog....html?osCsid=30fbb3474cd334e592cb457d8a444beb

And about the ibanez necks being uncomfortable or whatever, I suggest you check the link once again. If i may quote from the link
    The ibanez necks are right up there among the best. I agree personal taste differs but please dont make ure personal taste seem like the general consensus.

6. petermasc

petermasc New Member

hi again
    thanks for the info guys,
    checked on the net .the rg550 is an old guitar, dont think i can get a hold of one.how well does the neck of the washburn compare with the ibanez?
    so does the ibanez wins on basis of playability or the tone?

7. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Playability of the ibanez is unmatched imho. Tone is subjective so i suggest you try both guitars and decide for yourself.

8. Judas Priest

Judas Priest New Member

Ibanez's RG range is decent. Good Washburn's are very difficult to find. For Megadeth stuff get a Jackson! ;)

9. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

Dude Ibanez RG 550 has been relabeled as Ibanez RG 2550E Prestige. Its Japanese made model with awesome Prestige necks, and Dimarzio IBZ pups. Its somewhere around $900, probably above ur budget. Better take the RG 370. Metal is more Ibanez-oriented.