Where to start with finger picking?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by aunnyboy, Jun 1, 2007.

1. aunnyboy

aunnyboy New Member

Hi all, I was just wondering how exactly do I start to learn finger picking? I couldn't really find any lessons that go over the basics on finger picking. Should I start out by learning scales and stuff? Any help would be appreciated, I'm kinda lost right now.

2. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

3. zing

zing Machine Head

4. johnny_flamenco

johnny_flamenco New Member

I am not sure if you can get music book sin India, but if you do, I would suggest Carrulli. He has many many exercises on finger picking. These are to be played ona dialy basis. Start with a metronome. Use correct finger techniques. Build up speed very slowly. In classical lingo, "finger-picking" would be called "arpeggio". I am assuming that is waht you meant.
    Cheers

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

start with finger picking your nose first :p:

6. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Yuckkkkkkkkkkk......;-)

7. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

8. kabir Dev

kabir Dev New Member

would someone sugggest as to which is to be learnt first or whichis better ? playing with a pic or fingure plucking ? Or further when to switch over ?

9. cool.abhi79

cool.abhi79 New Member

if time is no problem both together will be good :)

i used to play with picks and for something with speed its nice but when u are sitting in the balcony in the evening or having beer with frnds the finger picking sounds bloody awesome.

A frnd of mine is good in it and he makes me jealous everytime i watch him play. thanks for all the information i intend to learn this by all my heart.

10. cool.abhi79

cool.abhi79 New Member

btw for picking the nose whats the best order of fingers :D

and should i use metronome

11. cool.abhi79

cool.abhi79 New Member

@kabir dev why the hell you opened a 2007 thread

i am also dumb dint see dates and started trying out the links. some don't work some take to wrong places lol