Where to get a Peavey Valveking 112?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by DagMX, Dec 22, 2007.

1. DagMX

DagMX New Member

Okay, I need a new amp because clearly a 15W SS amp cannot cut it during band practice.
    I was looking at the peavey valveking 112 and it's got everything I want(all valve, effects loop, cabinet support, 50W output, 12" speaker, compact, A-A/B blend).

Now where can I get this in India? Preferably delhi, gurgaon or noida. Plus any idea how much it would cost?

The other option is to ask my dad to get it when he goes to th US, but somehow i doubt a 112 valve amp will be easy to take along

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

You gotta have the money for it. The thing costs roughly 17500 online. Search for raj.hendrix's thread where he acquired a Laney LC15R from a shop in Delhi. They may import it for you and charge you accordingly.

Although, I haven't heard anything good about the 112. They say it's cheaply constructed, the OD channel sucks and 50W? You won't even be able to crank it up. You want tubes, get a 15W tube amp, because those things are much louder than a 15W SS, loud enough to jam.

3. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Your gonna have to stick with SS ....tube amps are gonna ridiculously priced when/if they come to india

4. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

If hes got the money he should get one. He asked for how to get it. Well I would say, get it from ebay, insured shipping with a seller with that $2000 buying protection through paypal.

5. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

And don't get the Valveking, it gets a lot of noise whenever the gain becomes too high.

6. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

Onstage in Noida deals in Fender tube amps, not Peavey. I don't think any of the dealers here deal in Peavey.

I bought the Laney LC15R from Furtados in Mumbai. Its a lovely class A/B 15 watt tube amp and im just not able to crank it beyond 5-6 at band practice and even that gives me quite a few ugly stares from my vocalist and bassist.

A 15 watt tube amp is approximately as loud as a 50 watt solid state, and even louder if u drive it through a large 4 X 12 extension cabinet.

check out this article on loudness between tube amps of various wattage:

https://www.amptone.com/g183.htm

btw all the wattages mentioned here are for tube amps.

7. DagMX

DagMX New Member

Thanks. I'll ask furtados if they can ship to delhi or something. Maybe one of the guys in daryaganj will be able to get it for me.

As for quality of the amp, I'm not interested in an OD channel much, and for construction, the only major fault was the reverb tank having 2 screws rather than 4, which is not a big deal for me.
    As for cost, its the cheapest tube amp with the features I want.
    I also understand the whole perceived wattage of tubes, but I practice in very confined places with a very loud drummer. a 15W tube amp may cut through more than an SS, but in those spaces it's still too soft(tried it out with my friends dads tube amp)

As for noise, I've talked to a few owners and they say it's not noticeable if you're power supply is properly grounded and it is in the places I play, so again no biggie.

Thanks for the advice though.

I might go to bhargavas and ask them if he can get it.

Lowest I'm willing to go is about 30W Combo Tube Amp, but I dunno of any amps below 18k with those features, so feel free to suggest.

8. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

i still say u should go for the 15w lc15r, and that one will cost u around 23k...its really absurdly loud for practice, hell i've even played a couple of gigs with it micd...your friend's dad's old tube amp might have required tube changes or something because i really find it hard to believe that a 15w tube amp didnt cut through in a band mix.

oh and please dont think about converting american dollars to rupees and thinking that ull get the same things here...there are many more problems here which make the price close to double of what u see online for most products:

1) They're imported and not made here
    2) They're imported from USA and not somewhere nearby so shipping's costly
    3) Custom charges are pretty high in this sweet country of ours
    4) Limitation of goods available here due to the above

the nearest u can get with 30 watts is the LC30 II combo which is priced at around 40k, if u have the dough then go for it.

9. thehundredthone

Small confined spaces are the not the best places to use a 50W tube amp. There will be enough noise with all instruments bouncing off the walls as it is.

50W tubes are loud enough for an auditorium gig man! 30W will also be pretty powerful, it's the speakers that will determine your loudness. For a 1x12 30W and 50W will differ in the amount you need to crank them up to drive them optimally, because the 50W will have more headroom.

10. DagMX

DagMX New Member

yeah I know 50W is a lot for a confined space, but like I said, a 15W tube just didn't cut it for me and theres nothing in the 30W range that fits my price range and has the features I want(deffinitely want a combo, want an effects loop as well).

See, I play with two bands. One band has a guitarist with a 120W Spider III that he cranks up loud and the other has two other guitarists, one with a 50W MG and the other uses the drummers 50W AVT. I tried a 15W tube amp and while I could hear myself fine and so could the other guitarist, the drummers can't and being the rhythm guitarist, I rely on them as much as they rely on me.

So While I'm not going to use a 50W all the way up, I'm a little out of options.

That could be true. The tubes may have been old.
    Not thinking of converting US dollars, I just use that as a reference point to see if its worth it getting it here, or waiting for my dad to go abroad.

11. thehundredthone

Hmmm, you'd know best, because you're the one in the room. Hopefully you'll be able to work out something.

12. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

you are going to go deaf soon

13. DagMX

DagMX New Member

Haha, People always say that, but I wear ear-plugs when I play. I can always hear my amp, its more for the drummer and the other guys who play loud. I dont care if they go deaf ;)

I'll try out the laney amp if i can find it somewhere in delhi(can anyone suggest a place?) to see if it was indeed the tubes in the other 15W amp(it was a fender blues jr if i remember correctly), otherwise I'll go with a valveking. I think bhargavas in daryaganj mite be able to get it for me.

Thanks for theadvice, and if anyone can still tell me where I might get a valveking otherwise.

14. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

15. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

LV300 Half stack maybe?

And who has AVTs here?

16. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

when u do find out whether bhargavas can actually arrange for peavey products, do let me know

17. DagMX

DagMX New Member

Hmm, Onstage had a 60W Hartke Hybrid(piggyback) which was a head and a cab for about 16k. Same specs. It was decent, mudyd though and for tubes as I understand, most of the real magic happens in the powertube stage and the hybrids lack that.

The LV300 Half stacks too expensive. I could maybe get the combo though. Any idea what its like?

And Marshal AVTs=suckage in my opinion. They sounded terrible, like a spider III.

Thanks for the suggestions though guys. Sorry to sound so stubborn, but I need to rule out stuff I defifnitely can't get.

Right now its between the laney LC15R(expensive though), the Laney LV300 combo, the Hartke Piggyback and the Valveking 112. I'd prefer all valve if possible and im leaning towards the valveking still.

18. DagMX

DagMX New Member

Sure. I'll call them probably after christmas.

The amp is gonna be a christmas gift+board results gift. Well tha, and the megadeth concert...hehe:D I'm trying to see if I can meet mustaine...

19. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

tell him that i said hi

and go for an all tube amp or combo, it'll definitely make u a better guitarist

20. DagMX

DagMX New Member

well better sounding at any rate;)