Where to find articles for making own distortion pedal

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rust_in_pain, Feb 4, 2007.

1. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

hi,
    i want to build a classic distortion pedal for myself.

i have been trying to find some info on making distortion pedals but all i came across was https://www.diystompboxes.com....and simlar sites which talk about only FUZZ n other efeects..that too user made...but no distortion..

is there any book/tutorial available anywhere...or people who have made thier own pedals could guide plz..

regards

2. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Hail Ronnie BABA........hes made tons of pedals and footswitches on his own noone can help ya better then him.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well there aint much difference between classic distortion and fuzz.
    :p:
    So you should be happy.

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

A Fuzz is a very different animal than a distortion pedal. I guess what you are looking for is a pedal that will emulate the distortion of classic tube amps.You could make a Tubescreamer type overdrive, again different from distortion per se. It would be easier if you told what particular sounds you are looking for.

5. rust_in_pain

i am looking for a sound like the "keeley modded DS1"..so not an overdrive..

is there no place on the net to get info on making pedals?

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

You can find a DS1 schematic and mods if you search google or check its wikipedia page.For practical building tips, PM Ronnie.

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i saw a detailed schematics of a Ds1 on youtube. Ill try find the link for you.

8. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Search for Insanity Box. That's a high gain distortion.....I dont remember the link.........Google and you can get it........

9. rust_in_pain

thanks i found some schematics...
    any tips to know whether the schematics are correct...or have u worked on a circuit before?