Where do u guys buy your guitars from

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by dennis, Dec 8, 2004.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Correction Pro Guitar. Blackmore left Deep Purple in the middle of a European Tour, so they called in Joe Satriani to fill in his shoes. There are bootlegs available with Deep Purple with Joe Satriani on guitars. He couldn't continue with DP for record comanies label complications and also Joe Satriani was not much keen on becoming a full time band member. Their next choice was Steve Morse who was also a big time Ritchie Blackmore fan.

2. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Randy rhoads in black sabbath????!

He was in ozzy osbourne's band, which was formed after Ozzy left black sabbath.
    And he didnt use strats, flying v's and les pauls were his main guitars.
    Altho Jake E. Lee (Rhoads' replacement) did play "charvelised" Strats, maybe you meant him.

Page used a blue strat later on, for songs like "In the evening" and other latter songs, check the Led Zeppelin DVD, he plays it for a couple of songs.

EDIT: And you forgot to mention another GREAT Strat player, David Gilmour!

3. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Stick a humbucker in the bridge position and a strat is instant metal IMO.

Im gonna do that on my knock off strat soon :p:

4. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

where do i go hunting for electric guitars in chennai?? help

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

@rechts...I can tell u 3 options...
    > There is a Manuel Musicals in Spencer Plaza....he is actually the Tansen guy..u can still get tansen guitars there..
    > Pro Musicals, Egmore...I hear they have a decent variety on offer..
    > Get a custom made guitar from Tulasi Musicals,Chintadripet

BTW,what kind of guitar u looking for and wats ur budget?

6. Mudit Malhotra

Mudit Malhotra BLOODY FINGERED

hey brother whrs this bhatia and bharat in delhi i mean i dont the address plz lemme know atleast i can go n see some variety of funky gears
    k doo reply

7. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

bharat has too stores, one in lajpat nagar(actually its opposite the def col flyover) and the other on Panchkuian Road.
    Bhatias somewhere in Daryaganj(i think)

8. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

hey nebuch! thanks will check those places...

my budget's 25k ... what best can i get ? that's for the whole set: amp and processor incl.

I'm not sure what guitar i want...

i saw in one of the posts that this depends on the kind of music i like...
    i like rammstein, pumpkins, aerosmith, megadeth kinds

will an ibanez do? or a fender ? confused ! and will the shops in chennai let us try the guitars ? I don't want to end up with some guitar i don't want...

9. A Simple Answer In A Guitar Shop ;)

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

@rechts...I suggest u ask ronnieanand...he knows all about this stuff especially for Chennai..I dunno much about amp and processor prices and stuff:eek::

11. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

ibanez is for speed metal.
    fenders are very versatile though primarily used for rock.
    gibsons..again for rock(lzep)

...best thing is to go to the shop and try em out.

12. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

@rechts - looking at ur budget - and ur wide choice of music styles - it would seem difficult to get a guitar - i would defintely not reccomend either a fender for megadeth or an ibanez for too many thoers...

i know this may seem to be an out of the box idea - but think of a yamaha - theres a really good one availale with me - pm me if ur intersetd - ts like bartely used....

also ull be able to afford the rest of ur guitar - id reccomend a decent amp with like maybe a roland cube and maybe a digitech processor - ull be able to afford all that with a guitar if ur ready to get a second hand one - tis difficult to et decnt new guitars in that range... seriously pm me -i have an awesome deal for u

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hey deathdr..whats the model and the price..post a pick if possible. I too am looking for a decent guitar.

14. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

15. ssundha

ssundha New Member

a new squier strat affinity series costs $150 in the US. buy the used squier, get rid off the stock single-coil bridge pickup and add a semour duncan "hot rail" pickup ($72). its a humbucker that sits in a single-coil slot. the low end ibanez is never gonna match this. it probably has a el-chepo pickup.

16. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

a squier aint worth a SD..period

17. megadeth_rulz

megadeth_rulz New Member

18. GaryVAi

GaryVAi New Member

i been playin acoustics for a while .... thk its the time to switch to eleccric ones ..so folks any suggestion ... i was interested in Ibanez n Kramers .... so wats the pros n cons of both .... i m a big fan of strat n LP ..but no way near gettin the genuine..lol one but can go for the squiers ...but heard tat its got its own share of probs lik gettin out of tune often ...so wat 2 do ?? n livin in India doesnt hlp either very limited choices...

19. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

^wow!!how'd u found such an antic? threads in IGT are free dude..

a ood idea would be to make a new thread and tell us about ur budget and style of music....

20. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

dennis, there's Onstage in lajpat nagar , close to Bharat Musical, and one in Noida too...you'll get Fenders, Ibanez and Jacksons there...