Where do u guys buy your guitars from

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by dennis, Dec 8, 2004.

1. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Hi..im dennis livin in delhi..im new to this forum(my 1st post)..i play zep,satch,metallica etc.etc.
    I was wondering how u guys buy ur guitars(the imported ones)..do u buy em from indian shops or buy em abroad and get someone to bring it along wit em
    How much more costlier wud it be to say buy a RG470DX from india thn abroad(excluding shippin)

2nd ques->i am thinkin of gettin a 2nd hand squire affinity strat from a friend for Rs4000..is it worth the money...ne idea what the cost of an affinity(MRP) from an indian music shop wud be

and lastly
    i wanna buy a Boss DS1..i know its for 40$..ne idea of the price in India(dont want the hassle of shippin it)

...damn..thts a long post ..thnx guys for bearing with me
    ne help wud be greatly appreciated

dennis
    ---------------------
    my gear(yeah i know..its crap):

givson somethin(blue diamond i think)
    zoom606
    rotosound strings
    a stranger amp

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

I Buy guitars from USA.. YOu can buy in INdia.. depending on your location.. Chennai is the best place for it..

Squire Is not the kind of Guitar you should be looking at.. for the kind of music you play, Strats are Bad..

Boss DS1, Ronnie Anand will reply.. Just wait..

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Yaar i know strats aint gud for what i play....but on the other hand i think its the best i can come up with for the time being(in college==no money..at least not 20k)
    Thnx for replyin...ne idea wht a squire affinity wud cost in india..just wanted to know 4000 bucks is the right price

4. jayanth

no idea pal.. but you get Berhinger for 5k..And they are amazing..

5. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

dude india needs to have more guitar and music stores... it absolutely sucks.. india has negligible musicians.. majority of them fu :cen: ers just go clubbin and watch naked remixes on national tv
    i was there last month.. and wanted to buy a guitar (withdrawal symptoms kicked in after 2 days).. and went to couple of shops in delhi.. man it was bad.. limited choice.. 1 billion people and so few recreational musicians.. screwed up man totally screwed up.. it needs to change...

Jay

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Dead on man..thers just 2 guitar stores in Delhi tht i know of.. bhatia and bharat and its a fkin monopoly..damn ..i bought my zoom 606 which is totally crappy for Rs6500!!..its worth 100$..4500 bucks...i got charged 2000 morel.... not fair!

7. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

I'm not a Strat Fan ,more of a Les Paul one.
    So what do you play?Why aren't strats good to play.
    Jimi hendrix uses one and so does Yngwie Malmsteen
    and so does
    Jeff Beck - One of the greatest Guitar players Ever. I'm surprised to hear a lot of you guys haven't heard his records. Even Slash is his biggest fan.
    Other Players include.
    Ritchie Blackmoore- Deep purple
    Stevie ray vaughan
    Mike McCready - Pearl Jam
    Steve Morse - Now deep purple - Was Voted Best guitarist for five years In a row long before Van halen.
    Randy Rhoads - Black Sabath.
    Andreas Kisser - Seputura.
    Jimmy Page - Led zeppelin - first Zeppelin album was recorded with a 1958 Fender Telecaster that was a gift from his Yardbirds band mate Jeff Beck.
    And the list goes on and on. The most versatile guitar ever.

8. jayanth

India is still developing.. Bangalroe has Loads of Guitar stores.. Its just the density of Musicians which is not yet determined..

9. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Yp ur right PG...lots of famous guitarists have used strats..many have used les pauls..ibanez is gainin rep. these days.
    From what i know strats and lespauls are gud for rock,may be hard rock(even tomi iommi uses a gibson) but for speed metal people prefer ibanez..eg.gilbert,satch,vai
    (i might be wrong)..but pg u talkin abt jeff beck and steve morse...where do u buy his records from?...they aint available anywhere in delhi (again i may be wrong)
    -------------
    'U look like a Pen N.I.B!'---Ozzy

10. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

Yeah but thats what Yngwie Malmsteen is .
    more Like Classical speed metal actually.
    And so does Eric Johnson- another fender player.

Correction : Steve now uses an Ernie Ball Guitar.

Steve Morse now plays with deep purple. And you should listen to what he's done to " Smoke on the water" - Simply amazing.
    Did you know that When Ritchie blackmore left deep purple Steve Vai was their next guitarist.

You'll just have to buy them on amazon.com or similar.

11. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

I think u mean Steve Morse...yeah ive heard his version of Smoke on the Water..its amazin...i like his solo stuff too...songs like stressfest nd all

Darn amazon..i gues ill have to wait till i go abroad or somethin:(

Thnx guys for ur replies
    Dennis

12. jayanth

Steve Morse's Smoke is kind of good.. But whatever Ritchie Is Ritchie man...

13. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Rs 4000 for a Squire Afiinty Strat not bad but Im sure it have some problems incase u want look for Behringer Pack 8500 with a nice 15 watt amp not bad I have lived in Delhi I know fact that Bhatia & Bharat are only two decent shops there .. Though a there is a nice Shop At CP too and few at Dariya Gung .. but Bharat is best bet in Delhi .. In Mumbai u have lot more shops also u see effects is one thing I can tell u will be far more expensive in India due to Duty, Octoria , ETC ... Well Another Guitar u can look at his Tansen .. They were there at Bharat Almost year back for sure ...

14. Satch_fan

Satch_fan New Member

Please come up with some good guitar and pedal shps in Bangalore. Thanx pals!

15. Speculator

Speculator New Member

Pro Music Madras is the best .

Has all models of US Strats, Kramers, Ibanez etc

16. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

actually strats are really not bad when it comes to playing metal. John Levasseur (cryptopsy, well used to be) and Karl Sanders (nile) play for two of the heaviest bands on the planets and they use their strats alot of the time. If he can get a decent strat, not those crappy squiers, a REAL fender strat...it just depends how he uses it i guess.

17. Mr. Scary

18. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

and iron maiden too, though they use customised strats..but they do. even yngwie uses customised..

19. Mr. Scary

^point taken. Strats are versatile, but seeing them used among guitarists in death metal bands proves the famous idea-"strats are not metal", wrong.

20. Speculator

Speculator New Member

how much are you paying for your squier affinity?

A friend of mine paid 10,000...was he ripped off?