Where can I buy line6 toneport and MIDI controller ?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by thepinkelefant, Jan 5, 2008.

1. thepinkelefant

thepinkelefant New Member

Hey guys ,

Can anybody tell me where I can get the Line6 tuneport KB37
    This is the version of GX or UX1 with a keyboard

I had intended to buy a MIDI keyboard/controller and a guitar box separately but then saw the reviews for KB37 and that combines all the things that I need !! A full-sized keyboard along with all the IOs for guitar and mic

Its available for 299$ USD but I wont be going so soon and I am impatient and want it now !

I am in Bangalore and would prefer to pick from a local dealer than wait for somebody to ship it :)

Anybody know a dealer that will have these or at least any MIDI controllers ( not the synths )

thanks
    Pat

2. DagMX

DagMX New Member

Just one correction seeing as I have one: It's not a fulll sized keyboard in the sense that you only have 37 keys, so if you are recording a midi piece you'll have to do it in passes.
    It is also only a USB device, so latency and bus problems might be an issue according to your setup, in which case you might want to look at firewire audio interfaces.

Those are just things I'd like to point out. Other than that its a very great product and once setup properly it works flawlessly.
    I would however recomend getting another program for recording because Abletone Live is terrible as a DAW environment, and before you ask, don't even think of using audacity. It's better than live at recording but for processing etc... its crap.

If you have a mac, you can use garageband/logic instead, otherwise get something like Cubase or Sonar for windows.

3. thepinkelefant

thepinkelefant New Member

Thanks for the suggestions !

Yes,I was aware that its not a full keyboard but since it had both the things that I needed , I thought I would go for it.
    In any case , what would you suggest ..thats available here ??
    Do we have a MIDI controller only ( like the M-audio O2 ?)
    Unfortunately , I am stuck with USB2.0 as of now and I hope the latency does not become an issue ..
    I may also a need a MIDI-USB interface ...

I am on windows and have cubase and energyXT

thanks once again !

P

4. DagMX

DagMX New Member

If you have a decent CPU in your computer, then you can set the Line6 buffer to very low and the latency becomes almost nill.
    I wish it had the option of firewire though because USB is a pretty crap architecture IMO, but thats not relevent here.

If you have cubase then thats excellent.

Otherwise I highly recmend the kb37. It is very convenient for recording with transport keys, volume monitoring and tons of inputs(though you can only use 2 at a time max) as well as most controls you'll need.

Plsu it offers the ability to hook up footswitches and a pedal which was something unique at the time I bought it and is very good for guitar work.

If you can find any line6 dealer, they should be able to get it for you. IDK if theres onstage in bangalore, but they'll get it for you if you want.