Where can I buy an American strat?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ustdjohnny, Feb 5, 2005.

1. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

Hi all,
    Does anyone know where I can buy a made in USA strat in Bombay? Don't want those mexican/chinese/korean/indonesian wannabes. Want a genuine made in america strat, preferably a sunburst with a maple neck.
    Anybody, help?
    On the net? which site ships to India?
    And, again, I am a little apprehensive about buying a gat on the net. I want to see hold, feel, play the piece before I shell out money!
    Yes, I know it's asking for a lot, but I can't help but being greedy :p

2. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

just thought i'd remind you to keep an eye out on the neck sizes when your buying American Strats. They can be from the same factory, same year but with a different neck. Check out the FAQ under "v-neck" at Fender Europe for more information. I prefer the D-neck as it is a much more thinner neck as well as not being too wide, allows me to play faster but you may prefer the more rounder C-neck or the even more rounder U-neck.

As for American Strats, if you can somehow get a hold of one then the best place is to get it from USA due to their poor exchange rate. You can pick up a good second hand one for about $550-600.

3. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

There are no american Strats for sale currently but check D N Bhargava I think remeel did get a few Highway Star Models which are mdae in USA I m not too sure but they are priced at round of Rs 40,000 but I know some real good players few strat freaks here who told me to stay away form those + they have rose wood fret boards I think they sold 3 or 4 here a few a left incase u are interested I will send u the name & contact person .. But I know for fact that withing a month or two may be latest April u will get a few American models here .. Hang on Incase i get any infor I will keep u posted .

Look one more thing I can tell u is that just because its american it does not make the guitar great a few mexicans & I played a few squires which were really good PS Try out the squire JV Series Guitars incase u do get try 62 reissue it is most mind blowing strat I have played . I personelly own mexican surely its not the best but It depends how u set up ur guitar a professional set is what sets the tone . 80 % of the current stock that came to India atleast Mumbai were set up wrongly..

But Once again I know what it feels to own a Maple neck Start but like Rabbi said wait for a while becuase i know that there are about 10 diffrent models will be arriving in Mumbai & the guitars will have different necks, specs, hard ware etc... & remember one more thing u will spending around 60 K ++ for these guitars so save up all u can ...

Ninad

4. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

Highway-1 series is available in maple necks. And they are built at the Fender Corona factory in California. I don't think they are that bad to be honest they are still pretty good, I'd say they are as good as the Mexican strats but maybe not better than the Japanese Strats which of course is another option as they are pretty damn good.

5. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

The highway series are assembled in USA, but the parts come from the mexican factory.....

If you can't get hold of a USA strat, then try the japanese ones, they are really good quality. Love mine :p:

6. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Guys Highway 1 Models That came to India were rejects form European Market atleast thats the story I have heard what I have been told are the ones here are with Rose Wood Fret Board anyways call D N Bhargava & check ...