Where are the Metal Fans ???

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by thecoolone, Dec 2, 2004.

1. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

those name scare me.... :eek::

2. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

:think: didn't you just use the "print Screen" button?

3. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

hmm i am not a big fan of aging rockers who tune down everything like ozzie black sabbath page and plant etc etc, one should retire gracefully if u ask me.. but then there is the asian market :) so thats what they do these days.. not just heavy metal acts but bands like bon jovi etc are big in asia i heard. rob halford and judas priest rock though :) they never age.. like ac/dc. the other 50+ band that abolutely rocked last year was the who. pete townshed has actually gotten better and plays lead these days, and roger daltrey absolutely rocked,and the amzing zack starsky played the drums for that show- he is the proff that rongoes wife cheated on him.. maybe she slept with keith moon or something.... ok alcohol kicking in.. i am digressing.. what was the topic .. oh yea heavy metal.. the term has its genesis in the steppenwolf song born to be wild-- heavy metal thunder.. and yea its passe, hair bands and heavy metal - so 80s.

Jay :rockon: :beer: :beer: :rockon:

4. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

@ Demon :- Punks??? LOL :p:

5. jayanth

@ Sonali :- DP will never understand that..

6. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

hahaha...very funny (being sarcastic) and so wot if i m not a computer nerd (thanks god i m not, phew)

7. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

*shakes hand*

Quite an impressive list.... Just add Sonata Arctica, Ayreon, Elvenking, Opeth and Angra.

8. jayanth

I would add death and DT, Napalm Death, Dream Evil and COF and Cathedral and Satryicon and My List would nearly complete..

9. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

hmm according to my rhythm guitarist Mat, who is the definitive source for anything rock (or heavier)

Mathew says: (2:50:35 PM)
    ***It came from a book
    Mathew says: (2:51:47 PM)
    ***The Soft Machine by William S. Burroughs
    Mathew says: (2:52:10 PM)
    ***'heavy metal' was a metaphor for addictive drugs
    Mathew says: (2:52:45 PM)
    ***In that book there's a character callled 'Uraninan Willy, the Heavy Metal Kid'

Mathew says: (2:53:34 PM)
    ***It's that metaphor that Steppenwolf refers to in Born To Be Wild

:think: :think: :shock: :shock: :rock: :p:

10. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

Guess Who Is Back?!!!

so i am doin a 180 deg turn n my prev statement on aging rockers...

Guess who is back???? that too in america.. mainstream market....

:nw: Mötley Crüe is back baby!! :rock: aah Do I FeelGood or what

I saw a small clip of their new video sounded pretty good..
    ***Vince Neal sounded pretty good, but it's not as heavy as previous Crüe songs

Mick Mars looks like a cat he had hip replacment surgery :p:
    Still Tommy Lee is the heaviest rock drummer out there, so I'm confident they'll be good soon.

Coming to their sound, as i said this is the 21st century :)

The drums still sound good. The guitars were distorted but not as before, more grungy.

Hmm I think this deserves a new thread

11. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

I agree with death metal , how can the metal genre as pounding as it is
    with its rhtyhm and leads ever be out of passe, the thing to keep in mind here is that the guys who were in the NWBHM band wagon were musicians with inate talents and skills, they have been playin around for decades and still are rockin like never before !!

The problem here is that many ppl relate metal's passe to metallica's unbelieveably shitty album (st. anger )
    why do they forget that Iron Maiden had come out with a new album this yr and it was still as musically charming and melodic as before !

12. jayanth

Metallica have passed their BEst.. No point discussing how shitty St. Anger was.. else they may even Sue us.. LOL :p:

13. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

check out this years garmmy nominations.. metallica is featured in hard rock.. maybe they should change thier name to hardrotica :)

14. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Metallica stopped being metal as the Black album was released. Load and Reload were even worse and I shall not speak about their latest record. But honestly I'm fed up with all the discussion about Metallica. The whole "they would never have sold out if Cliff had been alive", "Dave, not Kirk should have been in Metallica", "Jason should never have been fired", "Shit Anger should never have been recorded", "Master Of Puppets oWnZ0rz", "Ride The Lightning is the greatest album ever", "Justice needs more bass on it", "Kill Em All is an underrated album", "Lars is a jackass", "James should start drinking again", "Kirk is the greatest guitarist ever and can do nothing wrong"......THE ENDLESS DISCUSSION ABOUT IT ALL MAKES ME SICK. All this crap over a band that honestly is not that good (yeah you heard me right....I can name at least 15 other bands that are more talented than Metallica).

Everything they put out these days, videos, T-shirts, live versions of the classics everything has "sell-outs" stamped over it in big bold dark red letters for me. It honestly sickens me and I don't want to hear anymore about them. So let's just leave it at that.

15. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

the sad thing about this all is james hetfield is still the king of the down strokes...
    he cant sing anymore.. but can still play. I was watching the S&M (sic) version of master of puppets.. and u know the intro goes.. all down strokes.. it woulda been perfect... but the song was tuned down one whole step.. maybe 1.5 steps.. what a waste...

16. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

tuning down is the current formula for bands to sound heavy today..b'coz they got no other skills..its really sad james had to do this too.

17. jayanth

LOL... But tuning down for my band is only to play Bodom...

18. jayanth

@DMF :- All Your quotes were Right... Think of it this way.. Which Band Made Better Music - Megadeth Or Metallica. . Its Megadeth..

Which Band doesnt Loose respect - Megadeth Not MEtallica

Which band Stilll releases Kick Ass Albums - Megadeth Not metallica..

If you really wanna argue, bring it on...

19. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

using 7strings,dropD etc to sound heavy like korn sliplknot etc is one thing, tuning down songs as the vocalist can no longer sing high as he used to once upon a time is another thing. bands like def leppard,metallica should stop singing IMO... in case of metallica, i think they should just get a new vocalist with hetfield playing fulltime rhythm.

In that respect bands like aerosmith,the who, rush,ac dc and u2 rock.

they never tune down their songs, and their aging rocker vocalists can hit all the high notes...

20. Menon

Menon New Member

Heyya..
    I couldn't help but notice the inertia in all ur posts...
    First of all..you can't call someone the best cos guitaring is an art and it's hardly measurable..and neither is it restricted to genres..
    Second..Jay..you've got highly animated views abt the bands in question and they're wholly yours..there're no arguments..I mean..to me, Metallica with hetlfeild are still one of the most versatile bands ever..and as times change, so will bands..that's the way it goes...don't be clingin on man..accept change, if you can't leave it behind..that's all..
    GOod to see so many believers in Metal..
    keep Goin Yall
    Cheerio
    Menon