When can i play songs?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by go4guitar, Mar 27, 2008.

1. go4guitar

go4guitar New Member

Hi Guys..

I am complete newbie to guitar.. n as I have no time to go 4 classes I am planning to learn it my self with da help of internet n this site…
    Unfortunately I was never encouraged to do so..
    my friends said it is not so easy for girls (but y??) .. n finally i am just gonna mess up things..

But I am determined n wanna prove that … So just asking out of curiosity… if I start practicing rite frm now.. how long wud it take for me to play a song so that I can show to my friends that I CAN DO IT!!!

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Your friends are idiots. Practice diligently and you'll be wowing them pretty soon. If your friends are ignorants like they seem to be, a simple two string tab will wow them anyways. You can probably play papa kehte hai or bin tere sanam and be called a guitar goddess.

3. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

yea..that papa kehte hai is the universal start song for all beginners..

4. go4guitar

go4guitar New Member

Thanks!! ..

cud u pls tell me which is gud acoustic guitar to start with... can spend from 3k - 5k..

i read so many threads.. but each one says one..
    am gonna buy one this weekend.. so guys help me

5. amitrichardxess

amitrichardxess New Member

go for jumbo f-cut

6. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Hey kid.
    For starters.. im a girl, like you. And ive always had a passion for the guitar. My ex boyfriend had given me a taste of the music and then i was left on my own to do as i wished. I practically learnt on my own..on the internet. And now i can proudly say that ive been a part of a couple of shows and just party entertainment. Let me tell you.. if you are as determined and as passionate about it, dont give up. Keep at it. Take an hour out of your day and just practice. Internet is a wonderful resource. practice. practice. practice. And for gods sake dont give up, even if you think its taking too long. It will, for some people it does.. but dont stop..because success is bliss.

And its not just about knowing how to play, its also about the confidence it brings out in you. Its a wonderful sense of accomplishment.
    And show them bit.ches it can be done. Cos it can. :cool:

but dont just do it to show them..do it for you.

7. luv090909

luv090909 New Member

you know if your only aim is to play a few songs,then i think you should learn a few chords and prqctice switching between them......[NOT RECOMENDED...you might start depending completely on tabs with few actual skill..]

If you want to continue try learning:
    G
    Cm
    Cminor
    Am
    Dmajor
    Dminor
    C

Try playing the Cmajor scale again and again.....

Rok On

8. -Nemesis-

-Nemesis- New Member

Starter.
    Givson,GB&A,Pluto - below 3k.
    Yamaha - 5k
    =)
    have fun!
    Don't get a guitar too large for you which you can't hold.
    if you stay in the same city of an IGTian take him/her with you.

9. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

I totally agree with Petunia!
    Don't let your friends tell you what to do, just think about this, there are lots of girls playing guitar, why shouldn't you succeed! Its just a matter of discipline, as Petunia said, the internet is a good source, try searching the basics about the guitar and start practicing, practicing and practicing!
    Here on IGT there are lots of good guitarists who can teach you lots about guitarplaying!
    Good luck go4guitar!!!

10. go4guitar

go4guitar New Member

Thanks to all ...

i have bought my guitar ... n i am gonna practice sincerely from today…

Petunia: thanks… n I am gonna do it for me [:)]

11. amitrichardxess

amitrichardxess New Member

conguratulation for ur new guitar

12. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

@ keoraf: thanks for the vote of confidence <3
    @ go4guitar: you bet chick. and if you ever need help..thats what igt is about. dont hesitate.

13. -Nemesis-

-Nemesis- New Member

Sure
    IGT is about "Hi i'm buying newww guitarrr undrrr 5kkkkkk plzzz hallpp""
    :p
    Just kiddin ^^

14. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Lol. I get the sarcasm.. but think about it.. majority of the threads created are so redundant.

"im new. help"
    And they all scream the same requests..tutorials, prices, advise and recommendations.

You become a part of the "guitar family" and call your self a possible resource for those, "less fortunate" .. it becomes your job. What did you think IGT was about? Live with it sucker. Or scram. :cool:

15. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

Whilst reading this thread, I just realised that I've never met a girl(in person) who plays the guitar or is even remotely interested. phooey!

16. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Wow. Where the hell do you live, mister?

17. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

well, I do tend to consider this place as rotten as hell but it's really not a bad place. I like this place a lot and would never want to leave

18. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

what place? i have to remember you live a nonvirtual life too :(

19. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

OH! NO! :shock:
    Who says u can't play bcoz u r a girl?? :shock:
    Luk, i know lotz of gals in kolkata who play far better than me :)o:)..
    Even there are female power drummers!! Just learn it.... tht's all it takes... :)
    Cheers!~ :beer:

20. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

nething...... go for a local guitar if u have shortage of funds... If tht's not a case, then go fr a foreign one....the locl one will cost u sumthing around1k-2k...

in my opinion.... playing technic comes first and then comes the gear.... If you have good hands, you can even rock with a "faltooo" guitar :p: