whats your STAPLE brand of music?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by jamhead, Feb 15, 2005.

?

whats your FAVOURITE brand of music ??

1. (mainly) retro and/or classic rock

30.4%
  2. (mainly) post 80ies (maybe) including grunge rock

4.3%
  3. (mainly) metal (all sub divisions including nu)

26.1%
  4. (mainly) pop and/or dance music

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. (mainly) hindi songs

13.0%
  6. (mainly) other indian language songs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. (mainly) indian and/or western classical

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. (mainly) rock instrumental

4.3%
  9. i am DEEPLY into 2 or more of above - a combo

13.0%
  10. none of the above (pls specify exactly what )

8.7%
  1. aleric

aleric New Member

Me for classic RoCk !!!

2. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

lol looks like we are heading for a "classic" VS "metal" showdown....

3. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

what gives!?!?! death metal fan, disturbed, tejas and i are the only metal fans here?!?!

4. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

spare a thought for poor me !!!

i seem to be the only one here who's main bands are pearl jam, dire straits, gnr, u2. van halen, third eye blind and other such "post 80-ies" entities..

come on, IGT-ers, cast your votes... we have no business having such a low voter turnout (esp cos this isnt anywhere as dangerous as voting in jhanrkhand and bihar)

lets all see the next chapters of the metal VS classic fight... and let see how long more i have to play "lone ranger" in the post 80-ies category

5. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

thats sucha good sign

6. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

cast your votes guys..... next electon wont be before 5 more years.....

7. tejas

tejas ..........

@Jay - LOL. That was funny.

Don't worry Jamhead, you'll find someone who likes ur kinda music too.

8. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

yayayaya............but i really meant for all voters.. we are stuk at lucky 13

as for my kinda mu-sick ......as of now....... the scene for me currently is...

"alone i stand
    no hands near
    ravens many
    nights of fear"

9. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

damn...metals leading classical ..where are all of my fellow floydians??

10. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

classical eh? :rock:

11. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

mistake number one, unfortunately for you they do follow the same line of music which is Blues influenced Rock. Just that Aerosmith play a harder faster version of it than Dire Straits.

The sounds of Dire Straits is towards classic rock but just slightly laid back. Very similar style to JJ Cale. Besides one other huge influence on Dire Straits were Chet Atkins and country rock which can very crudely be placed into the genre of classic rock.

which is why i said i'm going by sound not by time. You always have artists who are either ahead or behind in their music times in relation to current trends, sure the music is slightly different but were no other versions of Dire Straits in mainstream music and like them there are no other versions of Lenny Kravitz in mainstream music now.

last time i checked half the music made in the "70-ies" falls into classic rock. You see what you have to remember is that the label of classic rock is a very large label that covers a lot of different forms and changes of the genre. Beatles are very different to Led Zeppelin but still both remain in the classic rock category.

Much how Bon Jovi, Clash and Van Halen differ yet they have all been grinded into the post80ies category because that was when their sound was most common it belonged to the 80ies because it started out in the 80ies.

You see you are right in that Dire Straits were very much a band of the 80ies, nobody can deny that but they did carry the sound of classic rock over very much how Lenny Kravitz has done.

12. Mr. Scary

YOU CANADIAN!!! PRETTY RIGHTEOUS EH??!?!?

13. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

oh well... didnt say it to find fault... just that it made for funny reading...i at least enjoyed it.. hence the thumbs up and rock on smileys........

14. Mr. Scary

so you're not canadian?

15. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

not saying that....;)

16. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

pure metal for me.

17. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

i go for classic rock that founded the basis of rock..

18. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

wow we seem to be heading for a showdown between metal and classic rock....classic just puulled one back after metal took the lead.......

meanwhile i am still stuck......:(

5000+ members and only 16 votes............... come on lazy bums...............

19. shak

shak Harrr!

no staple band for me... i listen to what i feel like listening ... ranging from beethoven to pavaroti.... john coltrane to blind lemon jeff. ...... lynyrd skynrd to pearl jam .... tool to metallica... no particular so i cant vote for anything cuz i love genre alike

20. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

@jameshead
    well most of the people dont know much abt the genres of musik....cannt distinguish the brands of musik.....that y they r not interested in this thread