What's wrong with the site

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by ronnieanand, Jan 31, 2007.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

There used to be this drop down menu which takes me to the various forums within IGT. Now that's missing. It's so miserable to go searching now.

When I click New Posts, I get a bunch of new posted threads. Usually I see a small arrow head which says that I have participated in that thread. Now that arrow head is not there. It's really crazy that I cant keep track of what's happening.......

2. yes and the yesterday-today thing is also not there...

move this thread to the feedback forum or something

3. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Many small features were disabled to reduce database querying as we are experiencing a spike in website traffic. The spike is causing strain on the database and system resources. We are currently working to resolve this issue.

4. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

Why is there a sudden spike?

5. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Though the arrow is gone .. You can still know if you're subscribed to a particular thread by a small rectangular icon .. refer Attachment.

Attached Files:

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Subscribed? :-s

Why would one subscribe to a thread?

7. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^Subscribed means you've posted in that thread!

8. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

^
    Nope.........

9. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

YES!

1. Post in any thread where u've not posted.(tough to find such a thread for u)
    2. Check new posts.
    3. Check that rectangular icon. If the icon exists then u've posted in that thread.

10. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

lol.. subscribed means u get notified through email if some1 posts in that thread. u must've enabled that option which automatically subscribes u to every thread u've posted in.

hahahahahaa

loser.

11. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

rofl Very nicely put.

12. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Not just that it sends an email but also lets you know if you've posted in it or not. Maybe not explained perfectly by me atleast it would help him solve his problem unlike your unnecessary comments.

Try solving the problem for a change instead of trying to be a smart ass.

13. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

i'm a smartass for correcting u?

hahahahahaa

EDIT: anyway, if ronnie wants to enable that option, that's cool. but i laughed at u and called u a loser coz even after so long on igt, u didnt know what subscribing actually meant.

as for me, i'd rather not get flooded with igt emails, even if it's an email id i rarely use.

14. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

@notty
    That's a default setting which many people change. I have no such icons...even for this thread.

15. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Smart ass not for correcting me but for being snobbish.

As far as subscribing is concerned I know what it means. It had just slipped my mind coz I'm not used to looking arrows but this icon all the time for knowing which thread I've posted in. I was conditioned to it.

A feature of IGT slips my mind and I'm a loser. wow.

16. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

Jus like how kids fight...chill guyz :grin:

Happens sometimes...you could subscribe if you like though...but you'll get LOTS of emails if that thread is very active.

17. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Not Guyz......One Gal too :beer:

18. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Cryptu darling, let's all live in harmonium shall we. The subscribe feature is good when you've posted a thread and you wait like a ditzy blonde for replies. It saves you the effort of clicking new posts a million times. I will unashamedly say that i've used it numerous times when i posted my poems.

19. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

Nothing to be ashamed about.

When people submit/request tabs, they mostly subscribe. But you shouldn't subsribe to CCL threads.

@ronnie
    Ok n00b. "Chill guy and gal". Its like two brother/sister fightin =(