whats this thing i see here on IGT?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by jayswami, Jan 12, 2005.

1. silent_dragon

silent_dragon Immortal guitarist

my goodness harini if ur saying sumthin like that abt Yesudas then i think u've never really heard true carnatic music.oh man haw can someone say that abt him.

2. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

heheh, classic harini , she's heard enough carnatic all rite.. she just has her point of view and opinions and a purists perspective. she is not alone on this. they shunned yesudas totally for the movie Shankarabaranam.. he wasnt given a single song (ilayaraja fixed that with sindhu bhairavi where yesudas sang all the songs).. lot of people dont like his singing.. and lot of people dont like the fact that he is a christian singing carnatic, though that has reduced a lot in a last decade.

I personally like yesudas a lot, but i am a peripheral pop-carnatic fan.. who listens to only stuff like thayagaraja hit list.. or best of dheekshathar countdown etc.. so i wouldnt know how and why the hardcore purists feel, i am not learned enough.

3. harini

harini Hameer Kalyani

silent dragon.
    saying that if i dont like yesudas i dont like true carnatic music proves that you know nothing about carnatic music...

True bhavam is something that is misunderstood. Performing gimmicks on stage does not make one a "true" carnatic artist. When you listen to Brinda Ma's school of music and compare it to what this guy sings, you wonder what you're doing sitting there isntead of throwing tomatoes. the guy has a good voice, does not sing abaswaram, thats about it. He does not sing correctly though.

my two cents. for yesudas lovers, continue to love him i dont care...just dont force me to love him...

4. pshailesh

pshailesh New Member

Jay

I am intrigued by the requests for the song notes which enable people to play the vocal part on the guitar. I think the main reason is that the average person fails to appreciate the vocal singing and chords (or lead) accompanying it.

The more mature they get they realize that vocals accompanied by chords sound better.

And by the way I think Bhupinder is a much better guitar player than a singer.

5. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

A thread form the heydays of IGT..good read.

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

... and you want US also to read this "good" thread?

Thats so 'Ramadoss'ish

7. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

do what you want i dont care...
    hate ramadoss BTW..

8. shikkha

shikkha New Member

Thats why they are called newbies. Guess they will gradually come to learn that it's not worth it because some of the senior players like you think so. Music is an expression. It may differ from one person to another. I believe it's not right to judge.

Looking forward to you sharing more useful, practical tips. Thanks.