Whats the verdict on the Fantastic Four Movie

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Jul 19, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

For people who saw Fantastic Four Movie, how is it? There were some real nasty reviews about it just few days before its launch but then after the launch they said it was good....which is it?

2. real_illusions

real_illusions Clapton Is GOD

It's a really good movie. As usual, it is nowhere near the actual comic(Spiderman sucks by the way).

But this movie, although lacking any serious story is extremely fun to watch. "The Thing" is hilarious. Much better than both the Spiderman and X-Men movie in the humor department.

3. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

-points crap story....crap humor....
    + points good special effects....and jessica alba :drool:

4. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

I think there was a thread like this b4........
    the trailer is cool....i m gonna watch it

5. ajax_ds

ajax_ds STRIDER

goin to watch it this weekend

6. Detective

Detective New Member

it was nice to see how the characters looked on screen but there were some major drawbacks to the movie, the bad story line for one and (if you haven't seen the movie don't read anymore but it really doesn't matter if you do b/c it doesn't give anything major anyway just these are things that might piss you off and ruin the movie if you know them) it's not a major deal but the thing calls Johnny storm blonde, which is would be true if he was blond in the movie but it's not the case. also the man that plays dr.doom does him no justice. half way into the movie he starts to fake an accent, which is terrible i might add. and when he is dr.doom he does a bad job at it. the whole creation of doom was all wrong which takes out some of the hatred dr.doom would have from the original comic origins of doom, plus the whole metal thing is horrible, it defeats the purpose for dooms hatred, but it's the directors or writers clever twist on the story to give doom and advantage with power, but he's super intellegent and that's how he was to fight the fan 4, oh well, his usit was suppose to have all the metal and such. and johnny storm. what can i say, his acting in the movie could have been better. i really didn't like the ending not the ending ending but the ending where they try to sell the movie so much like in day of the dead where they shoot off fireworks in this one they burn the 4 in the sky, to me it was lame, but one thing that made me happy was that they didn't use 4E.

visually it was neat and dr.doom is a fav of mine so maybe in the sequel when he returns he and the movie will be better, here's hoping.

7. fatjax

fatjax New Member

ha, gonna check out the movie soon. some ppl say its good and other ppl say it suks. really confused. trailer looks cool so ill check it out.

8. fatjax

fatjax New Member

ha, gonna check out the movie soon. some ppl say its good and other ppl say it suks. really confused. trailer looks cool so ill check it out.

anybody wanna play from india to canada to watch it with me.. be my guest. :p:

9. mad_man

mad_man oo my god kill Em all

it was good timepass

10. mad_man

mad_man oo my god kill Em all

i liked the act of that "human toarch" guy