whats the excat meaning of "ROCK" "BLUE" . etc.,

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by inayath_guitar, Jul 27, 2005.

1. inayath_guitar

inayath_guitar New Member

i want to know the excat meaning of "ROCK" "BLUE" "POP" AND ALL OTHER TYPES OF MUSIC.

2. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

again dude this should be in MUsic Talk forum

3. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

ugh.. theres no exact emaning and im in no mood to tell u the different general characterisitcsthat are usually seen in each of these types of music - just go to the music talk forum and get some bored bugger to explain to u the different styles of music.

4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

pop is popular music ... the one that is commercially succesful ...

blues is some kinda music most of the pop music lovers wont like ...

rock is something in between blues and pop ...
    metal is an offshoot of rock ... which has its own special niche listeners ...

5. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

Were Are The Mods :think:

6. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

why r u so concerned ..

7. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

Rock -
    is a stone/ meterial found in the mountains....

Blue - is a colour

Pop - edible thing e.g Pop corns

8. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

sorry ......i just wrote that out of frustration

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Initially the Black Slave Labourers in the US after they got freed, started playing what was then called Rhythm and Blues (R&B). It was simple music which talked about Love, Drinking and Freedom. Till the mid 60s, a song was centred around the vocalists with hardly any importance to the instrumentalists. In the mid 60s some excellent instrumentalists started to show prominence and also demonstrate their skills. Basically this music was derived from the R&B, so it was just called Blues. Usually Blues were not learned, it was learnt by hanging around with fellow musicians. This Blues was made noisier and heavier by people like Jimi Hendrix, so they were kind of categorized as Harder Blues or Blues Rock. Actually every musician derives major song structure influence from the Blues but later when it became less obvious and the term Blues Rock just became Rock and harder than rock became Metal and then to Thrash Metal, etc...
    Pop was initially coined for any popular music. Used when Beatles were at the peak. Now almost every stupid love song is called a pop song which is done by Chicks or Chick looking gays.

10. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

11. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

jazz is diff from rock n blues ...

jazz is a diffrenet offshoot of R&B ... having some interaction with blues ... but still it is diff ...
    jazz bands were featured around the instruments like sax, bass, banjo ... in fact it is very diff to sing on the jazz progressions ...

but blues is diff ...

infact the most pop 12 bar blues structure is so catchy ... u will find u can fit any lyrics on that ...
    hehheee ... once i did that in a gathering ... some dude were bothering me to play guitar ... and handed me some schitty acoustic ... ultimately i played the 12 bar blues ... made up my own fcuking lyrix ... and went on ... and ppl liked that ... wow ...

blues is gr8 ... blues roxxx

12. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

@sslayer ^^^... i m not different from Rock n Blues....r$b

13. vini

vini Repeat Offender

search for "genre" at answers.com :Laughing:

tahda!!

14. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

Hey if u understand hindi... then BLUE ROCK means " neela pathar" ... If u still don't get the exact meaning.. go and hit ur head there.. ;)

just kidding.. after all its ChitChat Lounge :cool:

15. vini

vini Repeat Offender

^ eh..neela patthar? :shock:

its just as easy then...lolzzz...what the..eh err..sorry m not spamming,ok

tahda!!

16. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

sorry vini.. u can't understand humour ... :cool:

17. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

nahin yaar ...
    the fact is it is not called "neela patthar" or "BLUE ROCK" ... it is called as "Lapiz Lazuli" ... thats y she didn't recognise it ... (u know girls cannot identify carbon - but u tell them diamond! ... now thats what they recognise instantaneously :)

LOL ... ok ...
    b.t.w. i haven't heard any music which is called as BLUE ROCK ... rock ... rock'n'roll ... bluesy-rock sure ... but not that term ^^^^^^^

hey jazz ... yaar if u listen to modern jazz ... it is very remotely connected to the R&B ... thats the reason y i call it an offshoot rather than a part of R&B ...

18. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

well said ssslayer.... " Ladki kyun na jane kyun Ladkon si nahi hoti ".... !!!!!

this song dedicated to newbie_vini..... :cool:

19. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

gosh ... now she'll bash me up !

*terrified* *running helter-skelter* <= as u can see in the avatar ...

20. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

actually u guys didnt read the question !!!
    (check the heading) it says..
    excat meaning rock, blue ?

>meaning of rock ,blue ..in terms of a Ex - CAT ???